What a mess...

Comments

• stvn1
    stvn1 Posts: 141 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    CRS - I hit another wall tonight. I owe them £773.12. I could only get them to 5 payments of £108.23 for a total of £541.18. I pushed for 10 payments but they wouldn't agree.

That's Cabot and CRS that won't play ball now.
    LBM 26/10/17
    Total debt at LBM - £15421.47
    NOW DEBT FREE AS OF 30/07/19
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    How are things today? Feeling more positive I hope. You've made such an amazing start!
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • stvn1
    Debt-free and Proud!
    MrsSave wrote: »
    How are things today? Feeling more positive I hope. You've made such an amazing start!

Thank you, I'm fine today. I was on a bit of a downer yesterday but I'm through that now. Busy day in work, I'm glad it's the weekend.
    LBM 26/10/17
  • stvn1 wrote: »
    CRS - I hit another wall tonight. I owe them £773.12. I could only get them to 5 payments of £108.23 for a total of £541.18. I pushed for 10 payments but they wouldn't agree.

That's Cabot and CRS that won't play ball now.

I would try Moorcroft and Barclays to see what either of those will accept but given you only have around £30 a month to play with you may not see much joy there. You may realistically have to wait until the Lowell, SSL and Rob Way debts are paid off. I would offer a token £5 or £10 to the others and try again in a year.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Hi stvn1

Welcome to the DFW forum :D

Have read through your diary and you have made great progress :D
    If you're using a spreadsheet to track your progress and you've set up formulae to show the results then you would know that you've cleared £4404.60 from your LBM balance of £12164.49... 36.21% of your debt is busted...

Of the eleven creditors that you had you have cut that down to nine... that's an 18.81% reduction...
    Good, positive, results
    If any of my team were to post results like that for budget savings and performance I would be giving them very high praise indeed and doing my utmost to get them a bonus...

As others have advised, target the ones that are costing you most... get them gone and move onto the next one.

You will get through this and clear the lot.
    One important thing to bear in mind about the Cap One card... it may well be showing a full available balance, however, IT IS NOT YOUR MONEY, IT'S THEIRS. Leave well alone mate...

Keep on going :D
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • stvn1
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I would try Moorcroft and Barclays to see what either of those will accept but given you only have around £30 a month to play with you may not see much joy there. You may realistically have to wait until the Lowell, SSL and Rob Way debts are paid off. I would offer a token £5 or £10 to the others and try again in a year.

Speaking of Rob Way, that was irritating me a lot. The agreement that was offered was for a higher amount with less of a discount than I had hoped for. I've escalated this with them and it's currently with the complaints department. Ideally I'd be looking for a higher discount and therefore a lower monthly payment so I can make better progress with my other debts.

They said that they will get back to me by Tuesday 7th so I'll see what they say.
    LBM 26/10/17
  • stvn1
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi stvn1

Welcome to the DFW forum :D

Have read through your diary and you have made great progress :D
    If you're using a spreadsheet to track your progress and you've set up formulae to show the results then you would know that you've cleared £4404.60 from your LBM balance of £12164.49... 36.21% of your debt is busted...

Of the eleven creditors that you had you have cut that down to nine... that's an 18.81% reduction...
    Good, positive, results
    If any of my team were to post results like that for budget savings and performance I would be giving them very high praise indeed and doing my utmost to get them a bonus...

As others have advised, target the ones that are costing you most... get them gone and move onto the next one.

You will get through this and clear the lot.
    One important thing to bear in mind about the Cap One card... it may well be showing a full available balance, however, IT IS NOT YOUR MONEY, IT'S THEIRS. Leave well alone mate...

Keep on going :D

Thank you! :) When you put it in percentage terms it looks pretty good. The Capital One card won't be touched. When I'm out of this mess I'll use it to start building my credit rating again by using it for petrol and clearing it in full each month.
    LBM 26/10/17
  • stvn1
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I signed up to Clearscore today so I could weep over my credit rating. I spotted two Virgin Mobile accounts that have been reported as late payments for a few months now, one for £2.06 and the other for £10.46. I've just been on to Virgin Mobile and have been told that this shouldn't have happened. I gave 30 days notice on both SIM only accounts and they messed up the closing down process. Crazy.

Typically enough their systems were down and the advisor couldn't correct it. I've to call back tomorrow.
    LBM 26/10/17
  • stvn1
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I raised a complaint with Virgin Media about these being reported as late payments first thing this morning. They've acted very quickly as I've just had a call to let me know that they will be removing all trace of these from my credit file immediately. A good result. A lesson learned as well, my credit is already poor but if I'm to rebuild it I need to keep an eye on the file.
    LBM 26/10/17
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Good result with Virgin Media. Anything come from the Rob Way after you escalated the request for a higher discount?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure