Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 27th Oct 17, 7:41 PM
    • 1,277Posts
    • 408Thanks
    Dandytf
    Rbs loose ‘early pay day’
    • 27th Oct 17, 7:41 PM
    Rbs loose ‘early pay day’ 27th Oct 17 at 7:41 PM
    Rbs e-mail.
    I’ll miss early pay day when due on a weekend from Jan2018.
    Coninsedence that today wages are in account when pay day is tomorrow.
    sc dmp 2012 13k
    Jan 2018 8840 paid. 60% approx.
Page 2
    • Tom99
    • By Tom99 28th Oct 17, 1:40 PM
    • 2,248 Posts
    • 1,524 Thanks
    Tom99
    It seems if your pay is due on a Monday you will now get it on Monday, so no big deal really.
    • Silvertabby
    • By Silvertabby 28th Oct 17, 1:43 PM
    • 2,859 Posts
    • 4,089 Thanks
    Silvertabby
    From 13 January 2018: Any regular payments due to be paid in to your account on a Monday (or next working day after a Bank Holiday) will only be available to you from the Monday (or next working day after a Bank Holiday) and not the Saturday as before. Just make sure there’s enough money in your account to cover you for any spending over the weekend.
    And the problem is? This is the way most employers work.

From the way OP was kicking off I thought that wages due on a Saturday or Sunday were going to be held over until the following Monday.
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 28th Oct 17, 1:45 PM
    • 2,664 Posts
    • 3,410 Thanks
    unforeseen
    I don't see the problem.

All it is saying is that instead of the perk you had they are going to make the money available to you/ take it off you when it is due

Swings and roundabouts. They won't pay you money due on a Saturday but there again they won't debit your account for payments due on a Saturday
    • Robbie64
    • By Robbie64 28th Oct 17, 11:21 PM
    • 930 Posts
    • 793 Thanks
    Robbie64
    I received a similar email from NatWest this afternoon. As NatWest and RBS are subsiduary companies of the Royal Bank Of Scotland Group then the changes for both banks apply from that same date, 13 January 2018. Presumably the same will apply to the Ulster Bank.

The wording of the email I received is word-for-word the same as the one posted earlier that was sent out by RBS.
    • takman
    • By takman 29th Oct 17, 10:33 AM
    • 3,395 Posts
    • 2,996 Thanks
    takman
    If anyone is concerned by this then they should really consider rethinking how they budget their money (If at all). The day you get paid on should be irreverent to how much money you have to spend if you have budgeted correctly.
    • stclair
    • By stclair 29th Oct 17, 3:59 PM
    • 6,451 Posts
    • 3,417 Thanks
    stclair
    I'm sure by the time it happens people will have forgotten about it and there will be murders when people realise they have to wait until Monday for there money.
    Last edited by stclair; 29-10-2017 at 4:04 PM.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
    • stclair
    • By stclair 12th Jan 18, 4:50 PM
    • 6,451 Posts
    • 3,417 Thanks
    stclair
    Bump as a reminder.

As it!!!8217;s being introduced shortly !!!55357;!!!56397;
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

249Posts Today

3,408Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin