Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • giocoforzauno
    • By giocoforzauno 4th Aug 17, 11:48 AM
    • 33Posts
    • 20Thanks
    giocoforzauno
    Open a Fineco current account and receive 50 or 50 commission free trades ! :j
    • 4th Aug 17, 11:48 AM
    Open a Fineco current account and receive 50 or 50 commission free trades ! :j 4th Aug 17 at 11:48 AM

this promo is expired on 10th august 2017

Last edited by giocoforzauno; 11-08-2017 at 9:40 AM. Reason: addings
Page 4
    • somsman
    • By somsman 14th May 18, 8:28 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    somsman
    How strange. No never had an error message nor has any of my family. Did you try another web browser?
    Originally posted by luke2010
    Have tried Firefox, Opera and Edge to the same effect. No difference on mobile Safari.
    Can't get through to them on either live chat or phone, so will give it a go again tomorrow.
    • Be In That Number
    • By Be In That Number 15th May 18, 11:54 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Be In That Number
    I used Santander and no fees were charged on the inbound transaction.
    Originally posted by GlennTheBaker
    I used Lloyds and was also charge 6 for SWIFT fees
    • Shedman
    • By Shedman 15th May 18, 1:19 PM
    • 150 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    Shedman
    Looks like Nat West charge 7 for over 100 up to 5k (but 1 for 100 or less).

Nationwide appear not to charge for incoming EEA Swift payments.

Tesco Bank also don't appear to charge for incoming foreign payments.

Co-op don't charge for incoming payments from EU/EEA (or so I have just been told on Chat)

Bank of Scotland charge 7 over 100, 2 less than 100.

HSBC charge 6 for 100 or more 0 for less than 100

I think that now exhausts all of our banks.

So to summarise from responses so far the banks that don't charge seem to be:

Santander
    Barclays
    Nationwide
    Tesco
    Co-op

(not guaranteed as all haven't been tested)

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Shedman; 15-05-2018 at 1:25 PM.
    • somsman
    • By somsman 17th May 18, 8:45 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    somsman
    Sorry to say, luke2010, that I have had to abandon the application. I have a long/foreign name, that has been shortened and transliterated for all my UK bank accounts, so the automated verification system is rejecting me. It is not a big discrepancy, but even speaking to a real human representative they say they cannot accept my application based on this. I'm banking with 5 other UK bank and never had a problem. Shame to miss out on the bonus, and it would have been quite useful to have the euro account, but not worth the headache arguing with them any more.
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 17th May 18, 9:02 PM
    • 1,522 Posts
    • 4,020 Thanks
    Zanderman
    I've had loads of trouble getting an account open and accessible - firstly relating to my full name - which they seem to insist on using at all times, so if you miss out your middle name at any point the system rejects you - but it won't tell you until some time later.

Secondly with making test deposits - three attempts, three returns, despite correct sort code and account, and then an email asking me to make initial deposit into a generic account with my contract number as reference, that got sent back too!

But, most frustratingly, painfully slow issuing of login codes. Email from them soon after opening (3 weeks ago) saying codes would be emailed soon. No codes sent. Led to believe I had to make initial deposit first (see para above) but still no codes. Emailed asking for codes. Reply saying they'll be sent soon. No codes sent. Then, last week (2nd week after opening) I get an 'activation code' by post. And a debit card. Activation code letter says I'll have a 'User Code' sent separately. No code sent. I email again. No reply.

So today I ring them. Agent I speak to says User Code will have been sent by email as soon as account opened and to look at my emails. I do so, and tell him I have no such email. He says this is 'impossible'. And keeps repeating this - that it is impossible - implying I am at fault and that he can do nothing - it is impossible that I do not have the information. Then he suddenly relents and gives me the code verbally!

So, I finally login. And, amongst the other welcome messages is one from them saying because of a 'technical issue' they have been unable to send me the login codes, could I ring them please?

That message, to ring them for the codes, was only accessible after I had, er, the codes.

So, all-in-all, an uninspiring performance by Fineco. A test payment i sent today, after all this shenanigans, went through fine. I have no idea what their problems were but hope that's the end of them,
    Last edited by Zanderman; 17-05-2018 at 9:05 PM.
    • blindman
    • By blindman 19th May 18, 10:06 AM
    • 5,140 Posts
    • 4,168 Thanks
    blindman
    Help Password format?
    Must be an age thing but cannot remember setting my password and now my activation code doesn't work (so maybe I did )

I see the options to get the "codes" is basically POSTING them!

So before I go down that route:-

What format is the password?
    Is it just 8 numbers or is it Capital letter + 7 characters?

Maximum length 8 characters?

Oh and I have not received a debit card after 1 week.

Thanks
    Last edited by blindman; 19-05-2018 at 10:16 AM.
    • luke2010
    • By luke2010 19th May 18, 4:44 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 3,358 Thanks
    luke2010
    Mines a mixture of numbers & letters which had to be exactly 8 characters
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 19th May 18, 5:41 PM
    • 1,522 Posts
    • 4,020 Thanks
    Zanderman
    What format is the password?
    Is it just 8 numbers or is it Capital letter + 7 characters?
    Maximum length 8 characters?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by blindman
    Mine is nominally 11 characters long (when I set it I didn't clock that they were insisting on 8).

But the system didn't reject it - and it lets me log in if I type all 11 or if I just type the first 8 characters.

I only mention this in case you did the same - and are now trying to remember an 8 character sequence when you actually set something longer, if you see what i mean.
    • buyhighselllow
    • By buyhighselllow 21st May 18, 10:01 AM
    • 91 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    buyhighselllow
    All set up now for a week..when are the bonuses appearing, anyone had theirs in the last week ?
    Over 2K made from bank switches and P2P incentives since 2016
    • luke2010
    • By luke2010 21st May 18, 12:09 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 3,358 Thanks
    luke2010
    From speaking to Fineco the first bonuses should start appearing tomorrow.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,297Posts Today

8,251Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin