Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • giocoforzauno
    • By giocoforzauno 4th Aug 17, 11:48 AM
    • 36Posts
    • 21Thanks
    giocoforzauno
    Open a Fineco current account and receive 50 or 50 commission free trades ! :j
    • 4th Aug 17, 11:48 AM
    Open a Fineco current account and receive 50 or 50 commission free trades ! :j 4th Aug 17 at 11:48 AM

PROMO HAS BEEN EXTENDED WITH ITALIAN CODE FOR UK MEMBERS

NEW PROMO! running from 08/09/2018 to 11/12/2018

It's Italian Fineco member that invite an UK friend to join Fineco.

Open a Fineco current account and receive up to 150 !

WITH THE PROMO CODE:
    AA7882272

The code has no limit for you (the guest). It can be used to open more accounts. So it will be valid ever.

Using my "Italian" friend code in opening the Fineco account you will get:
    - a 50 reward by simpling performing at
    least 1 purchase/sale transaction of financial instruments on the Equiduct/Xetra, Dow Jones,
    Borsa Italiana, FTSE and CAC markets and on the following bond markets: Mot, Emot and
    Etlx.

- Plus you'll receive an additional bonus of 100 by placing an additional 5 trades
    on the following stock markets: Equiduct/Xetra, Dow Jones, Borsa Italiana, FTSE and CAC,
    or on the following bond markets: Mot, Emot and Etlx.

Here is the direct link to the opening form with the promo code included:
    https://finecobank.com/uk/apriconto/scelta-online-cp?cp=AA7882272

Here is the link to the opening form (if you want to insert the promo code manually in the apposite promo code field):
    https://finecobank.com/uk/apriconto/scelta-online-cp
    PROMO CODE TO INSERT:
    AA7882272

This is the link at the promo rules:
    https://finecobank.co.uk/uk/promo/mgm42/details.html

This is the home page:
    https://finecobank.com/uk/online/

In order to obtain the bonus you must:

- Complete the Fineco UK account opening procedure in the period between 08/09/2018 and 11/12/2018, adding, in the appropriate field, the friend code provided by the host (Fineco Italia account holder).

- Perform at least 1 purchase/sale transaction of financial instruments on
    the Equiduct/Xetra, Dow Jones, Borsa Italiana, FTSE and CAC markets
    and on the following bond markets: Mot, Emot and Etlx.

(you may put a minimum order so you will spend 3,95 only per order!)

You will receive an additional bonus of 100 by placing an additional 5 trades
    on the following stock markets: Equiduct/Xetra, Dow Jones, Borsa Italiana,
    FTSE and CAC, or on the following bond markets: Mot, Emot and Etlx.

(you may put a minimum order so you will spend 3,95 only per order! 3,95*3 purchases and 3,95 *3 sell =23,7 of fees and you will get 150)

Last edited by giocoforzauno; 10-09-2018 at 1:49 PM. Reason: Extended to December 2018: Promo From Italian to Uk
Page 4
    • somsman
    • By somsman 14th May 18, 8:28 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    somsman
    How strange. No never had an error message nor has any of my family. Did you try another web browser?
    Originally posted by luke2010
    Have tried Firefox, Opera and Edge to the same effect. No difference on mobile Safari.
    Can't get through to them on either live chat or phone, so will give it a go again tomorrow.
    • Be In That Number
    • By Be In That Number 15th May 18, 11:54 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Be In That Number
    I used Santander and no fees were charged on the inbound transaction.
    Originally posted by GlennTheBaker
    I used Lloyds and was also charge 6 for SWIFT fees
    • Shedman
    • By Shedman 15th May 18, 1:19 PM
    • 210 Posts
    • 132 Thanks
    Shedman
    Looks like Nat West charge 7 for over 100 up to 5k (but 1 for 100 or less).

Nationwide appear not to charge for incoming EEA Swift payments.

Tesco Bank also don't appear to charge for incoming foreign payments.

Co-op don't charge for incoming payments from EU/EEA (or so I have just been told on Chat)

Bank of Scotland charge 7 over 100, 2 less than 100.

HSBC charge 6 for 100 or more 0 for less than 100

I think that now exhausts all of our banks.

So to summarise from responses so far the banks that don't charge seem to be:

Santander
    Barclays
    Nationwide
    Tesco
    Co-op

(not guaranteed as all haven't been tested)

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Shedman; 15-05-2018 at 1:25 PM.
    • somsman
    • By somsman 17th May 18, 8:45 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    somsman
    Sorry to say, luke2010, that I have had to abandon the application. I have a long/foreign name, that has been shortened and transliterated for all my UK bank accounts, so the automated verification system is rejecting me. It is not a big discrepancy, but even speaking to a real human representative they say they cannot accept my application based on this. I'm banking with 5 other UK bank and never had a problem. Shame to miss out on the bonus, and it would have been quite useful to have the euro account, but not worth the headache arguing with them any more.
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 17th May 18, 9:02 PM
    • 1,802 Posts
    • 4,453 Thanks
    Zanderman
    I've had loads of trouble getting an account open and accessible - firstly relating to my full name - which they seem to insist on using at all times, so if you miss out your middle name at any point the system rejects you - but it won't tell you until some time later.

Secondly with making test deposits - three attempts, three returns, despite correct sort code and account, and then an email asking me to make initial deposit into a generic account with my contract number as reference, that got sent back too!

But, most frustratingly, painfully slow issuing of login codes. Email from them soon after opening (3 weeks ago) saying codes would be emailed soon. No codes sent. Led to believe I had to make initial deposit first (see para above) but still no codes. Emailed asking for codes. Reply saying they'll be sent soon. No codes sent. Then, last week (2nd week after opening) I get an 'activation code' by post. And a debit card. Activation code letter says I'll have a 'User Code' sent separately. No code sent. I email again. No reply.

So today I ring them. Agent I speak to says User Code will have been sent by email as soon as account opened and to look at my emails. I do so, and tell him I have no such email. He says this is 'impossible'. And keeps repeating this - that it is impossible - implying I am at fault and that he can do nothing - it is impossible that I do not have the information. Then he suddenly relents and gives me the code verbally!

So, I finally login. And, amongst the other welcome messages is one from them saying because of a 'technical issue' they have been unable to send me the login codes, could I ring them please?

That message, to ring them for the codes, was only accessible after I had, er, the codes.

So, all-in-all, an uninspiring performance by Fineco. A test payment i sent today, after all this shenanigans, went through fine. I have no idea what their problems were but hope that's the end of them,
    Last edited by Zanderman; 17-05-2018 at 9:05 PM.
    • blindman
    • By blindman 19th May 18, 10:06 AM
    • 5,179 Posts
    • 4,204 Thanks
    blindman
    Help Password format?
    Must be an age thing but cannot remember setting my password and now my activation code doesn't work (so maybe I did )

I see the options to get the "codes" is basically POSTING them!

So before I go down that route:-

What format is the password?
    Is it just 8 numbers or is it Capital letter + 7 characters?

Maximum length 8 characters?

Oh and I have not received a debit card after 1 week.

Thanks
    Last edited by blindman; 19-05-2018 at 10:16 AM.
    • luke2010
    • By luke2010 19th May 18, 4:44 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 3,362 Thanks
    luke2010
    Mines a mixture of numbers & letters which had to be exactly 8 characters
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 19th May 18, 5:41 PM
    • 1,802 Posts
    • 4,453 Thanks
    Zanderman
    What format is the password?
    Is it just 8 numbers or is it Capital letter + 7 characters?
    Maximum length 8 characters?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by blindman
    Mine is nominally 11 characters long (when I set it I didn't clock that they were insisting on 8).

But the system didn't reject it - and it lets me log in if I type all 11 or if I just type the first 8 characters.

I only mention this in case you did the same - and are now trying to remember an 8 character sequence when you actually set something longer, if you see what i mean.
    • buyhighselllow
    • By buyhighselllow 21st May 18, 10:01 AM
    • 112 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    buyhighselllow
    All set up now for a week..when are the bonuses appearing, anyone had theirs in the last week ?
    Over 2K made from bank switches and P2P incentives since 2016
    • luke2010
    • By luke2010 21st May 18, 12:09 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 3,362 Thanks
    luke2010
    From speaking to Fineco the first bonuses should start appearing tomorrow.
    • buyhighselllow
    • By buyhighselllow 30th May 18, 1:30 PM
    • 112 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    buyhighselllow
    Still no sign of Bonuses....
    Anyone had any paid since 20th May ?
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 30th May 18, 3:00 PM
    • 1,802 Posts
    • 4,453 Thanks
    Zanderman
    No, not even been asked which bonus I want.
    • luke2010
    • By luke2010 30th May 18, 6:31 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 3,362 Thanks
    luke2010
    I chased them regarding the promotion and they sent me this -

we inform you that your promotion provides for the pop-up by the
    19/06/2018.

we apologize for our previous uncorrect communication.
    • buyhighselllow
    • By buyhighselllow 30th May 18, 7:17 PM
    • 112 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    buyhighselllow
    I chased them regarding the promotion and they sent me this -

we inform you that your promotion provides for the pop-up by the
    19/06/2018.

we apologize for our previous uncorrect communication.
    Originally posted by luke2010
    cheers
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 30th May 18, 8:25 PM
    • 33,553 Posts
    • 39,651 Thanks
    Browntoa
    Just a reminder , it's a referral thread not a chat thread

Please start a chat thread in the correct part of the forum
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Foibles
    • By Foibles 7th Jun 18, 8:16 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Foibles
    Hi all,

Fineco have launched another referral scheme which started today and runs until 7/09/2018.
    It's a 50 incentive if you join and make at least one trade (in equities: Equiduct/Xetra, Dow Jones, Borsa Italiana, FTSE and CAC; or the bonds markets: Mot, Emot and Etlx). This is matched for the referrer.

The new joiner can receive an extra 100 cash by making "an additional 5 trades by the 11/10/2018". The bonus is "paid directly into the customer!!!8217;s account within 8 working days from the acceptance of the contractual supplement [an opt-in pop-up]"

So 150 in total for making 6 trades (annoyingly, I've lost the fee structure, so can't do the maths for you to show the profit). There is some chat above and in other threads that you should heed about how to make a SWIFT transfer without incurring a fee. Nor is Fineco part of the Faster Payments structure so money can take a while to transfer to and from. Otherwise I've found them to be a solid choice with a foreign currency debit card available.

My referral code if you'd like it is: UK8867621
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 19th Jun 18, 3:03 PM
    • 1,802 Posts
    • 4,453 Thanks
    Zanderman
    Just a reminder , it's a referral thread not a chat thread

Please start a chat thread in the correct part of the forum
    Originally posted by Browntoa
    There is now a chat thread in the budgeting & bank accounts forum (started by buyhighselllow)

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74427776
    • Roger1
    • By Roger1 21st Jun 18, 10:23 AM
    • 1,405 Posts
    • 616 Thanks
    Roger1
    giocoforzauno posted while I was away. This promotion is different from earlier promotions. It is worth reading the complete T+Cs.

My code is UK4255253 . You are most welcome to use it. If you open an account by 7 September 2018 and make 1 stock exchange transaction by 28 September 2018, you earn 50 bonus with the chance of earning 100 more for 5 further stock exchange transactions by 11 October 2018. I will earn 50.

See complete T+Cs:
    TARGET AUDIENCE OF THE PROMOTION

All Fineco account holders who hold a Fineco current account in the United Kingdom (Host) and the individuals indicated by them who are UK residents (Guest) or who open a Fineco current account using the Friend Code in the period running between 07/06/2018 and 07/09/2018 can join the promotion.

The initiative is part of a larger campaign aimed at acquiring new clientele in the UK. Therefore it is possible that similar initiatives will take place in the near future.

HOW IT WORKS

The promotion will allow both the Host and the Guest to get the bonuses:
    - 50 cash pay directly into their current accounts
    and, only for Guests,
    - an extra bonus 100 cash pay directly into their current accounts.

In order to receive the bonus, the Guest must:
    - Complete the Fineco UK current account opening procedure within the period from 07/06/2018 to 07/09/2018 using the Friend Code provided by the host in the relevant form.
    - Execute at least 1 trade in the following stock markets: Equiduct/Xetra, Dow Jones, Borsa Italiana, FTSE and CAC, or on the following bond markets: Mot, Emot and Etlx.

The Guest can receive an additional bonus of 100 by making an additional 5 trades in the following stock markets: Equiduct/Xetra, Dow Jones, Borsa Italiana, FTSE and CAC, or on the following bond markets: Mot, Emot and Etlx.

HOW TO JOIN
    Between 07/06/2018 and 07/09/2018, Fineco current account holders (Host) will find their own Friend Code by logging into the Customer Area. Alternatively, the code can be sent by Fineco directly to the customer via email.

The Host can send his/her own code to friends and relatives who are UK residents during the promotion, which runs between 07/06/2018 and 07/09/2018.

1) OPENING OF THE FINECO CURRENT ACCOUNT

In the period between 07/06/2018 and 07/09/2018 the friend (Guest) who is a UK resident must open the Fineco UK current account via the online account opening procedure which can be found on the finecobank.com website, entering the Friend Code sent by the Fineco account holder (Host) in the relevant Promotional Code field.

2) BONUS

When the Guest has completed the joining procedure within the above-mentioned timeframe and has fulfilled the following requirement by the 28/09/2018:
    - Executed at least 1 trade

Both the Guest and the Host can receive a 50 cash bonus to their current account as additional income. The bonus will be paid directly into the customer!!!8217;s account within 8 working days from the acceptance of the contractual supplement.

Subsequently, the Guest can receive an additional bonus of 100 by making an additional 5 trades by the 11/10/2018 in the following stock markets: Equiduct/Xetra, Dow Jones, Borsa Italiana, FTSE and CAC, or on the following bond markets: Mot, Emot and Etlx.

Please note that the additional bonus is only for the Guest.

ACCEPTANCE OF THE BONUS

The disbursement of the bonus depends on acceptance by the customer (host and guest) of a contract supplement. A pop-up with the contract supplement noted above will be shown by 31/10/2018 in the Customer Area and only for those who have met all the conditions.

In the days following the display of the contract supplement to those entitled, Guests having met the second phase of the bonus of 5 trades will see a further contract supplement.

Both documents must be confirmed by 30/11/2018.

After this deadline, the right to the bonuses will be lost. It should be noted that the choice of bonus can only be made by those authenticated online, in the customer area of !!!8203;the finecobank.com website.

SUMMARY OF THE EXPIRY DATES

A summary of the expiry dates that shall be respected in order to gain entitlement to the Bonus can be seen in the table below:

Opening of the current account via the account opening procedure by the Guest, using the Friend Code
    Between 07/06/2018 and 07/09/2018

- Execute 1 trade
    By 28/09/2018

- Other 5 trades only for Guest
    By 11/10/2018

- Activation of the "Friendship rewards" page, within the Customer Area, to choose the type of bonus for the Host and the Guest
    By 30/10/2018

Deadline for choosing the bonus
    By 30/11/2018

LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS

- Bonuses shall not be awarded where the Friend Code is not entered into the online open-account form in the "Friend Code" field and/or where an incorrect "Friend Code" is used;

- The confirmation of the bonus obtained can be made exclusively online and exclusively once the account codes have been activated. Exemption requests in this regard shall not be accepted.

- For the purposes of the promotion the opening of an individual account for each Guest is valid;

The following are excluded from this promotion:

- Those who open a new individual or joint Fineco UK current account and who are already listed as holders or joint holders of a Fineco Italy account.

- Those who open a new account who are already holders or a joint account holder of a closed or active Fineco Italy or Fineco UK account.
    • tg99
    • By tg99 21st Jun 18, 11:24 AM
    • 680 Posts
    • 267 Thanks
    tg99
    Presumably a buy and a sell of the same stock position counts as two of the required six trades ?
    • giocoforzauno
    • By giocoforzauno 21st Jun 18, 1:36 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    giocoforzauno
    Presumably a buy and a sell of the same stock position counts as two of the required six trades ?
    Originally posted by tg99
    exactly, one buy and one sell counts as 2 trades
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,761Posts Today

8,567Users online

Martin's Twitter