Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • giocoforzauno
    • By giocoforzauno 4th Aug 17, 11:48 AM
    • 36Posts
    • 21Thanks
    giocoforzauno
    Open a Fineco current account and receive 50 or 50 commission free trades ! :j
    • 4th Aug 17, 11:48 AM
    Open a Fineco current account and receive 50 or 50 commission free trades ! :j 4th Aug 17 at 11:48 AM

UPDATE (20th June 2018)

NEW PROMO! running from 20/06/2018 to 07/09/2018

It's Italian Fineco member that invite an UK friend to join Fineco.

Open a Fineco current account and receive up to 150 !

WITH THE PROMO CODE:
    AA7882272

The code has no limit for you (the guest). It can be used to open more accounts. So it will be valid ever.

Using my "Italian" friend code in opening the Fineco account you will get:
    - a 50 reward by simpling performing at
    least 1 purchase/sale transaction of financial instruments on the Equiduct/Xetra, Dow Jones,
    Borsa Italiana, FTSE and CAC markets and on the following bond markets: Mot, Emot and
    Etlx.

- Plus you'll receive an additional bonus of 100 by placing an additional 5 trades
    on the following stock markets: Equiduct/Xetra, Dow Jones, Borsa Italiana, FTSE and CAC,
    or on the following bond markets: Mot, Emot and Etlx.

Here is the direct link to the opening form with the promo code included:
    https://finecobank.com/uk/apriconto/scelta-online-cp?cp=AA7882272

Here is the link to the opening form (if you want to insert the promo code manually in the apposite promo code field):
    https://finecobank.com/uk/apriconto/scelta-online-cp
    PROMO CODE TO INSERT:
    AA7882272

This is the link at the promo rules:
    https://finecobank.co.uk/uk/promo/mgm40/details.html

This is the home page:
    https://finecobank.com/uk/online/

In order to obtain the bonus you must:

- Complete the Fineco UK account opening procedure in the period between 20/06/2018
    and 07/09/2018, adding, in the appropriate field, the friend code provided
    by the host (Fineco Italia account holder).

- Perform at least 1 purchase/sale transaction of financial instruments on
    the Equiduct/Xetra, Dow Jones, Borsa Italiana, FTSE and CAC markets
    and on the following bond markets: Mot, Emot and Etlx.

You will receive an additional bonus of 100 by placing an additional 5 trades
    on the following stock markets: Equiduct/Xetra, Dow Jones, Borsa Italiana,
    FTSE and CAC, or on the following bond markets: Mot, Emot and Etlx.

Last edited by giocoforzauno; 20-06-2018 at 2:32 PM. Reason: New Promo From Italian to Uk
Page 3
    • Shedman
    • By Shedman 1st May 18, 12:10 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    Shedman
    Just spotted a 2.95 card shipping fee for the Debit Card.
    Has anyone been charged this when they got their Debit Card?
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 1st May 18, 4:10 PM
    • 1,711 Posts
    • 4,310 Thanks
    Zanderman
    Can anyone let me know how long it took from opening the account to getting the necessary emailed codes to let you get access to the client portal? I registered yesterday at around 11.30pm, received notification of account details etc, but not had any access codes yet. I am reluctant to transfer in the 1000 until I can see the account online (even though obviously I have the account details to set up the transfer).
    Originally posted by Shedman
    Just for follow up in case it helps anyone else the userid came through by email at 2.08am this morning so can now get into account.
    Well, you've done better than me. My account confirmation emails came on Friday, with a promise of access codes by email and text 'later' to see the account online. No emails or texts or codes Friday, or over the weekend. Nothing Monday and nothing today, Tuesday, so still no access to the account which they said was open on Friday. Queried it today and got a simple message back basically saying just to wait, no reason given for the delay or even acknowledging a delay.

I wouldn't mind - but judging by your experience they can do this quite quickly.
    • GlennTheBaker
    • By GlennTheBaker 2nd May 18, 1:20 PM
    • 2,792 Posts
    • 1,817 Thanks
    GlennTheBaker
    Just spotted a 2.95 card shipping fee for the Debit Card.
    Has anyone been charged this when they got their Debit Card?
    Neither me nor my wife were charged. The cards arrived very quickly via DHL.

Well, you've done better than me. My account confirmation emails came on Friday, with a promise of access codes by email and text 'later' to see the account online. No emails or texts or codes Friday, or over the weekend. Nothing Monday and nothing today, Tuesday, so still no access to the account which they said was open on Friday. Queried it today and got a simple message back basically saying just to wait, no reason given for the delay or even acknowledging a delay.

I wouldn't mind - but judging by your experience they can do this quite quickly.
    Originally posted by Zanderman
    Strange as both our sets of access codes were received very quickly.
    This space has been intentionally left blank
    • Shedman
    • By Shedman 3rd May 18, 8:13 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    Shedman
    Deal extended to 29 May
    Referral offer appears to have been extended to 29 May

"Invite your friends to open a Fineco account using your Friend Code. Just log into your customer area to find your code. And remember, this offer is only valid until 29/05/2018"

If anyone wants a referral then if you use mine and send me a PM to let me know when your account is open and 1000 paid in, then I will give you 25 of my cashback when I receive it:

Use my Friend Code UK1672174 to open a Fineco account now and we can both choose between a 70 reward or 100 commission-free trades. Fineco's smart services include banking, trading and investing, all from one single multicurrency account. https://bit.ly/2qoVPlp
    Last edited by Shedman; 03-05-2018 at 8:25 PM.
    • buyhighselllow
    • By buyhighselllow 6th May 18, 10:23 AM
    • 103 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    buyhighselllow
    Getting Money out ...Do you need a card or request a security code is posted ? I'm reluctant to transfer the 1K until I know I can get it back without hassle.
    Do you get a personal referral code only once you have put 1K in

Everything otherwise is set up and activated, I thought I had requested a debit card but it says not in my account details..its a bit of a fiddly bank this one.
    Over 2K made from bank switches and P2P incentives since 2016
    • GlennTheBaker
    • By GlennTheBaker 6th May 18, 11:35 AM
    • 2,792 Posts
    • 1,817 Thanks
    GlennTheBaker
    I have been able to transfer money in and out without any real issues. The payments are not as quick as Faster Payments but don't take forever either.
    • buyhighselllow
    • By buyhighselllow 6th May 18, 12:03 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    buyhighselllow
    I have been able to transfer money in and out without any real issues. The payments are not as quick as Faster Payments but don't take forever either.
    Originally posted by GlennTheBaker
    "Remove transaction limits

Activate all your account services by entering in the box the 8 central digits of your Fineco card. If you have not requested any card, enter the security code that we sent to your home address."

I've got this message when I go to Bank Transfer, I've not received a security code by post yet
    • Shedman
    • By Shedman 6th May 18, 2:46 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    Shedman
    Getting Money out ...Do you need a card or request a security code is posted ? I'm reluctant to transfer the 1K until I know I can get it back without hassle.
    Do you get a personal referral code only once you have put 1K in

Everything otherwise is set up and activated, I thought I had requested a debit card but it says not in my account details..its a bit of a fiddly bank this one.
    Originally posted by buyhighselllow
    If you requested a debit card it initially looks like you don't have a card (and keeps trying to get you to choose one) but after a day or two on the page you see first after you've logged in you should see in Latest Activity with Pin section (below the the big Banner pic) it saying about the card. If you then look on the Banking Tab towards the bottom the card section should show your card and it's status (eg not activated and Shipping).
    • buyhighselllow
    • By buyhighselllow 7th May 18, 10:04 AM
    • 103 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    buyhighselllow
    Cheers Shedman. I can see the card is on its way.

I tried to transfer in a couple of quid yesterday as a test run..my account has a load of 0's prior to the main digits which I removed except 1 to make it 8 digits..its still not showing in the account, I'm wandering if I should have removed all the 0's or its just slow because of the "bank holiday"
    • luke2010
    • By luke2010 7th May 18, 11:17 AM
    • 116 Posts
    • 3,362 Thanks
    luke2010
    Yeah removing the 0s to make 8 digits is correct!

Transferring from Barclays into Fineco took one working day for me. Probably slow due to the bank holiday
    • luke2010
    • By luke2010 7th May 18, 11:43 AM
    • 116 Posts
    • 3,362 Thanks
    luke2010
    At the moment Fineco Bank are running a promotion that when you deposit 1000 you get a 70 bonus using a refer a friend link. You need to sign up by 29/05/18 and deposit by 29/06/18. The account is also useful as you can choose a euro debit card (and you can exchange between to euro) for when you are travelling. I've received the bonus and have transferred the money straight out again no problem.

Bank website - https://finecobank.com/uk/

Link to begin application is https://finecobank.com/uk/apriconto/scelta-online-cp?cp=UK7486863

Use this link to apply for an account before 29/05/2018 and we will both get 70 when you open an account and make an initial deposit of 1000. You can withdraw the deposit immediately afterwards if you want.

Recommendation

They used to pay the bonus the day after you deposit however from feedback and asking Fineco it appears that everyone gets the bonus on a set date. Most people are hearing 22/05/18. You don't need to keep the deposit in the account to get the bonus so my recommendation is apply ASAP. Deposit when you have the money and withdraw straight away after (if you deposit in the AM it shows in the PM and takes one working day to come back again.)

You can't withdraw the money until you activate the online payment section of your account which you can't do until you get your card. It will act like you haven't got a card until you receive the card so don't worry about it saying about requesting a security code you just need the middle digits of your card when it arrives

When transferring to Fineco simply remove enough 0s at the start to make the account 8 digits long.

T&CS

https://finecobank.co.uk/uk/promo/mgm37/details.html

Make sure to use the Promo code or you don't get the free 70 -
    UK7486863

Thank you
    • buyhighselllow
    • By buyhighselllow 7th May 18, 12:13 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    buyhighselllow
    At the moment Fineco Bank are running a promotion that when you deposit 1000 you get a 70 bonus using a refer a friend link. You need to sign up by 29/05/18 and deposit by 29/06/18. The account is also useful as you can choose a euro debit card (and you can exchange between to euro) for when you are travelling. I've received the bonus and have transferred the money straight out again no problem.

Bank website - https://finecobank.com/uk/

Link to begin application is https://finecobank.com/uk/apriconto/scelta-online-cp?cp=UK7486863

Use this link to apply for an account before 29/05/2018 and we will both get 70 when you open an account and make an initial deposit of 1000. You can withdraw the deposit immediately afterwards if you want.

Recommendation

They used to pay the bonus the day after you deposit however from feedback and asking Fineco it appears that everyone gets the bonus on a set date. Most people are hearing 22/05/18. You don't need to keep the deposit in the account to get the bonus so my recommendation is apply ASAP. Deposit when you have the money and withdraw straight away after (if you deposit in the AM it shows in the PM and takes one working day to come back again.)

You can't withdraw the money until you activate the online payment section of your account which you can't do until you get your card. It will act like you haven't got a card until you receive the card so don't worry about it saying about requesting a security code you just need the middle digits of your card when it arrives

When transferring to Fineco simply remove enough 0s at the start to make the account 8 digits long.

T&CS

https://finecobank.co.uk/uk/promo/mgm37/details.html

Make sure to use the Promo code or you don't get the free 70 -
    UK7486863

Thank you
    Originally posted by luke2010
    At what stage do you choose between the 70 or the 100 trades and how ?
    • Shedman
    • By Shedman 7th May 18, 1:34 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    Shedman
    "The awarding of the bonus is dependent on the acceptance by the customer (both the host and the guest) of a relevant contractual supplement [this is the choice between the 70 and free trades]. A pop-up with the above-mentioned contractual supplement will be shown by the 10/07/2018 in the Client Area and exclusively for those who will have met all the conditions"

Not sure if those of those of us that signed up before they extended the offer from 8 May to 29 May will now have to wait till then rather the original date.

With regards to the funds transfer - it has been commented in the Assetzcapital forum on P2PIndendentforum that there have been problems with some link process between Barclays and receiving entities that has caused slow transfers so that might your issue if you are using Barclays and probably will not be solved until after Bank Holiday
    • rogueosb
    • By rogueosb 7th May 18, 4:09 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rogueosb
    Hey everyone,

If you'd like to use my referral code, its:

UK1664661

Thanks!
    • GlennTheBaker
    • By GlennTheBaker 8th May 18, 7:11 PM
    • 2,792 Posts
    • 1,817 Thanks
    GlennTheBaker
    You receive a message when logged in advising your bonus is ready for selection and you simply choose which one you would like.
    • Shedman
    • By Shedman 10th May 18, 7:53 AM
    • 160 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    Shedman
    Just a heads up warning for anyone that has recently signed up to the Fineco referral deal and wants to transfer some of their money back to their usual bank that First Direct charge 6 as they appear to treat it as a payment in from a foreign bank (which somewhat surprised me as I was under the impression it was Fineco UK - hence under UK banking auspices - especially as the bank account had a UK sort code and there had been no costs transferring the money into Fineco).

I will query it with FD and Fineco.

Anybody transferred any money back to another UK bank and not incurred any fees If so please let me know which banks (I have most of them )

Update:

Apparently Fineco use Faster Payments on way in (so no charges) but Swift for payments out to UK banks - hence some banks may treat this as a foreign payment in. Not happy about that.
    Last edited by Shedman; 10-05-2018 at 8:14 AM.
    • luke2010
    • By luke2010 10th May 18, 9:18 AM
    • 116 Posts
    • 3,362 Thanks
    luke2010
    Which bank did you transfer back into? Maybe we can get a list of banks that you aren't charged?

I transferred back into a Barclays account and wasn't charged

EDIT: Must have been fast asleep when I read the above. I see you used First Direct
    Last edited by luke2010; 10-05-2018 at 9:57 AM.
    • GlennTheBaker
    • By GlennTheBaker 10th May 18, 6:31 PM
    • 2,792 Posts
    • 1,817 Thanks
    GlennTheBaker
    I used Santander and no fees were charged on the inbound transaction.
    • somsman
    • By somsman 14th May 18, 7:15 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    somsman
    I have signed up (or tried to!) using luke2010's code, but at the stage of signing with the two codes sent by text, the screen displayed an error message with no explanation or option to proceed. Did anyone else have a problem with this step?

I tried resuming the application through both the welcome email and the 'signature request email', but both resulted in error messages (in Italian no less...)
    • luke2010
    • By luke2010 14th May 18, 7:32 PM
    • 116 Posts
    • 3,362 Thanks
    luke2010
    How strange. No never had an error message nor has any of my family. Did you try another web browser?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,226Posts Today

7,452Users online

Martin's Twitter