Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • angela2011
    • By angela2011 26th Oct 17, 5:37 PM
    • 454Posts
    • 132Thanks
    angela2011
    bitcoin trading.
    • 26th Oct 17, 5:37 PM
    bitcoin trading. 26th Oct 17 at 5:37 PM
    Thinking of investing some cash in to trade in bitcoins. Been looking at cryptoallday and was wondering if anyone had used them before.

Any advice would be great...

TIA...
Page 9
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 27th Mar 18, 7:51 AM
    • 4,180 Posts
    • 9,393 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    Bitcoin being the biggest has also fallen but not by quite as much. However it will inevitably follow soon.
    Originally posted by 4 Pete's Sake
    Indeed, from your post of 5th Februrary where you stated BTC at $7000 it has now crashed to $8000 this morning.
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek.
    Home is where my books are.
    • 4 Pete's Sake
    • By 4 Pete's Sake 28th Mar 18, 2:24 AM
    • 268 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    4 Pete's Sake
    Indeed, from your post of 5th Februrary where you stated BTC at $7000 it has now crashed to $8000 this morning.
    Originally posted by onomatopoeia99
    You ignore the fact that 2 days later I predicted that there would be dead cat bounces and there were, but these never last. The other 3 Ethereum, Ripple and Bitcoin Cash also had their Deadcat bounces and are now all below where they were on 5th Feb. So don't worry your biggie Bitcoin will soon be below $7000.

People get blinded by greed and the hardest thing of all is to sell and instead they keep holding and watch their money fade away.

Ethereum which many said would overtake Bitcoin is now in Freefall. At its peak it was 1353. Now its $445 - a 67% fall. Ripple is now down 83.5%. Yet you are still can't smell the rat. Do you have any words of comfort for those people who bought at the top and have now lost vast sums of money.
    IF THIS POST HAS BEEN HELPFUL - PLEASE CLICK ON THANKS
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 28th Mar 18, 11:07 AM
    • 4,095 Posts
    • 6,412 Thanks
    Malthusian
    Do you have any words of comfort for those people who bought at the top and have now lost vast sums of money.
    "should have done your research brah, told you not to invest money you couldn't afford to lose brah, all investments are a gamble brah, if you've got another $1,000 handy i know an ICO that's totally going to the moon and will recoup your losses in no time, click this referral link and join my downline"
    • geoff2
    • By geoff2 29th Mar 18, 5:28 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    geoff2
    Greenfields Capital
    I've been caught out by what I think is a scam advert about Dragon's Den backing a bitcoin trading website. It took me through to Greenfields Capital and I ended up depositing 500. The website is nothing like I expected and looks like a professional dealing site (although I've seen mention elsewhere that it's fake). I've told them I want to have my money back and close the account. They say I have to "verify" the account first, by sending copies of the (debit) card I used to pay them, my driving license or passport, and a utility bill. Should I have to do that? Is this normal practice for currency sites? Feeling very stupid ...
    Last edited by geoff2; 29-03-2018 at 5:29 PM. Reason: Typo
    • In For A Penny
    • By In For A Penny 29th Mar 18, 7:56 PM
    • 335 Posts
    • 304 Thanks
    In For A Penny
    I've been caught out by what I think is a scam advert about Dragon's Den backing a bitcoin trading website. It took me through to Greenfields Capital and I ended up depositing 500. The website is nothing like I expected and looks like a professional dealing site (although I've seen mention elsewhere that it's fake). I've told them I want to have my money back and close the account. They say I have to "verify" the account first, by sending copies of the (debit) card I used to pay them, my driving license or passport, and a utility bill. Should I have to do that? Is this normal practice for currency sites? Feeling very stupid ...
    Originally posted by geoff2
    Could have been worse. . . You could have bought Bitcoin.
    • 4 Pete's Sake
    • By 4 Pete's Sake 30th Mar 18, 2:31 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    4 Pete's Sake
    Geoff, If it is a scam outfit and you send them these type of documents then they would have all they need carry out an identidy fraud. They know what car you used to pay with and its number so they should not now need to see the card. Speak to Citizens Advice Bureau and consider reporting them to Action Fraud.

Meanwhile - Cryptocurrencies are still crashing.
    • 4 Pete's Sake
    • By 4 Pete's Sake 30th Mar 18, 3:10 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    4 Pete's Sake
    Originally posted by onomatopoeia99
    And today your beloved Bitscoin hit $6617. But you ain't seen nothing yet. $1000 is coming again.
    • In For A Penny
    • By In For A Penny 30th Mar 18, 3:24 PM
    • 335 Posts
    • 304 Thanks
    In For A Penny
    Is this what roped you in? Oh boy.

http://www.socialnewsreports.com/lp/beauty/mj/cnntech-dragondenbitcoin/?tracking=guwop&name=Bitcoin+Trader&sxid=3xjjhfm3b %20%20eo4&domain=www.telegraph.co.uk&campaign=7515 98&ad=%20%20520591
    • Aegis
    • By Aegis 30th Mar 18, 4:57 PM
    • 4,894 Posts
    • 3,108 Thanks
    Aegis
    Oh dear! Just goes to show that scammers will do anything to get their victims.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser
    Anything I say on the forum is for discussion purposes only and should not be construed as personal financial advice. It is vitally important to do your own research before acting on information gathered from any users on this forum.
    • 4 Pete's Sake
    • By 4 Pete's Sake 30th Mar 18, 5:30 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    4 Pete's Sake

Greenfields Capital is an unlicensed Forex broker that opened in 2017. Greenfields Capital is owned and operated by Yolenger, s.r.o., which is located at: 500/9, Dopravni Street, Uhrineves, 10400, Prague, Czech Republic.
    Their contact phone number in the United Kingdom is: +44 203 582 9743, and customer support email is: Compliance@greenfieldscapital.com.
    • 4 Pete's Sake
    • By 4 Pete's Sake 30th Mar 18, 6:00 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    4 Pete's Sake
    So many people have been predicting the bursting of the Cryptocurrency Bubble and now it is in full flow.

Bitcoin: 18/12/17 $19500 - Now $7000 a 64% fall
    Ethereum: 14/1/18 $1353 - Now $676 a 59% fall
    Ripple: 5/1/18 $3.45 - Now $ 0.69 an 80% fall
    Bitcoin Cash: 21/12/17 - Now $3551 Now $907 a 75% fall

This is just the beginning. Expect all of them to drop by at least 95% from their highs. It's Dot.com all over again and many young people are getting burnt.

https://coinranking.com/
    Interesting to see how the above 4 CC's have fares since my post on 5th February.

Bitcoin: 18/12/17 $19500 - Now $6700 a 65% fall
    Ethereum: 14/1/18 $1353 - Now $375 a 72% fall
    Ripple: 5/1/18 $3.45 - Now $ 0.49 an 86% fall
    Bitcoin Cash: 21/12/17 - Now $3551 Now $682 an 81% fall

Get out while you can!!
    Last edited by 4 Pete's Sake; 30-03-2018 at 6:10 PM.
    • peter suckley
    • By peter suckley 10th Apr 18, 11:21 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    peter suckley
    bitcoin
    Do not invest its a CON
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 10th Apr 18, 12:20 PM
    • 7,137 Posts
    • 7,564 Thanks
    eskbanker
    Do not invest its a CON
    Originally posted by peter suckley
    As currently worded that doesn't actually add anything to the thread - if you have any specific experience of the subject (e.g. having your fingers burnt) then it would obviously help if you explained exactly what happened and why you feel it's a con (or even a CON!), but if you just want to sound off based on what you've read or heard then that doesn't really contribute much....
    • MpcyroS
    • By MpcyroS 11th Apr 18, 11:12 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MpcyroS
    Good idea. Before starting you need to prepare and get basic knowledge about trading. Trading have some risks and you must keep it in mind. However, it will be a good investment and you will likely make a profit.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 11th Apr 18, 11:29 AM
    • 7,137 Posts
    • 7,564 Thanks
    eskbanker

Does anyone know when the schools go back....?
    • hildosaver
    • By hildosaver 11th Apr 18, 2:07 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 433 Thanks
    hildosaver
    I laugh when I see people mocking bitcoin and ridiculing those who invested in it. This 'crash' has only brought it back to the value it was about 6 months ago. If you had bought before then you would still be quids in.

Give it a couple of years and even those who invested when it hit the ATH will be laughing imo.
    Mortgage balance September 2012: 121,086 (First ever OP)
    Mortgage balance March 2018: 77,650
    • Aegis
    • By Aegis 11th Apr 18, 2:38 PM
    • 4,894 Posts
    • 3,108 Thanks
    Aegis
    I laugh when I see people mocking bitcoin and ridiculing those who invested in it. This 'crash' has only brought it back to the value it was about 6 months ago. If you had bought before then you would still be quids in.

Give it a couple of years and even those who invested when it hit the ATH will be laughing imo.
    Originally posted by hildosaver
    What do you feel is the right value for bitcoin, then? And why?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser
    Anything I say on the forum is for discussion purposes only and should not be construed as personal financial advice. It is vitally important to do your own research before acting on information gathered from any users on this forum.
    • hildosaver
    • By hildosaver 11th Apr 18, 3:14 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 433 Thanks
    hildosaver
    It's current value is probably about right for now but I fully expect it to rise significantly again within the next 2 years. It will have future crashes back down as well but I expect every crash to stop higher than the last. It's in it's nature to grow in value due to it's scarcity and what I believe will be a transformation of finance over the coming years. Bitcoin is virtually unstoppable at this point nomatter what the value is. It's the technology of the future.
    Mortgage balance September 2012: 121,086 (First ever OP)
    Mortgage balance March 2018: 77,650
    • Bravepants
    • By Bravepants 11th Apr 18, 3:27 PM
    • 402 Posts
    • 435 Thanks
    Bravepants
    It's current value is probably about right for now but I fully expect it to rise significantly again within the next 2 years. It will have future crashes back down as well but I expect every crash to stop higher than the last. It's in it's nature to grow in value due to it's scarcity and what I believe will be a transformation of finance over the coming years. Bitcoin is virtually unstoppable at this point nomatter what the value is. It's the technology of the future.

Most of the limited audience for crypto currencies are probably now immune to the hype:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-10/bitcoin-is-a-disease-in-barclays-model-that-says-prices-peaked

The recent bubble won't happen again.
    • Lungboy
    • By Lungboy 11th Apr 18, 4:20 PM
    • 1,369 Posts
    • 1,313 Thanks
    Lungboy
    It's the technology of the future.
    You're conflating the currency with the tech behind it, block chain. They are 2 very different things.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

110Posts Today

1,711Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin