Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • angela2011
    • By angela2011 26th Oct 17, 5:37 PM
    • 454Posts
    • 132Thanks
    angela2011
    bitcoin trading.
    • 26th Oct 17, 5:37 PM
    bitcoin trading. 26th Oct 17 at 5:37 PM
    Thinking of investing some cash in to trade in bitcoins. Been looking at cryptoallday and was wondering if anyone had used them before.

Any advice would be great...

TIA...
Page 8
    • 4 Pete's Sake
    • By 4 Pete's Sake 5th Feb 18, 7:47 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    4 Pete's Sake
    So many people have been predicting the bursting of the Cryptocurrency Bubble and now it is in full flow.

Bitcoin: 18/12/17 $19500 - Now $7000 a 64% fall
    Ethereum: 14/1/18 $1353 - Now $676 a 59% fall
    Ripple: 5/1/18 $3.45 - Now $ 0.69 an 80% fall
    Bitcoin Cash: 21/12/17 - Now $3551 Now $907 a 75% fall

This is just the beginning. Expect all of them to drop by at least 95% from their highs. It's Dot.com all over again and many young people are getting burnt.

The wise will have heeded the warnings and top sliced or sold all of them already.

I feel sorry for all those taken in by advertising over recent months, some referring to growth of 49,000% etc with no real warnings about how the price can also crash.

I wonder if some Solicitors will see potential here to make claims of mis-selling.

What will be next?

Perhaps someone selling computer codes to bubbles located in black holes. They could call them "Gullibubbles".

Checkout the latest falls here:

https://coinranking.com/
    Last edited by 4 Pete's Sake; 05-02-2018 at 7:54 PM.
    IF THIS POST HAS BEEN HELPFUL - PLEASE CLICK ON THANKS
    • planteria
    • By planteria 5th Feb 18, 11:24 PM
    • 4,972 Posts
    • 1,104 Thanks
    planteria
    ...Expect all of them to drop by at least 95% from their highs....
    Originally posted by 4 Pete's Sake
    Bitcoin at $975 and Ethereum below $68. i'd buy at those prices, all other things being similar to their state now.
    • Bravepants
    • By Bravepants 5th Feb 18, 11:26 PM
    • 399 Posts
    • 432 Thanks
    Bravepants

I wonder if some Solicitors will see potential here to make claims of mis-selling.
    Who would they be making these claims against?
    • BananaRepublic
    • By BananaRepublic 6th Feb 18, 7:28 AM
    • 1,191 Posts
    • 871 Thanks
    BananaRepublic
    Bitcoin is down 68% from its peak, and still going down. It's not nice for the investers/mugs [delete as applicable] but it will be interesting to watch how this evolves over the rest of the year.
    • martinsurrey
    • By martinsurrey 6th Feb 18, 8:20 AM
    • 3,340 Posts
    • 4,091 Thanks
    martinsurrey
    Bitcoin at $975 and Ethereum below $68. i'd buy at those prices, all other things being similar to their state now.
    Originally posted by planteria
    Why bitcoin and not a random other alt coin?
    • 4 Pete's Sake
    • By 4 Pete's Sake 7th Feb 18, 5:39 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    4 Pete's Sake
    Who would they be making these claims against?
    Originally posted by Bravepants
    It could be those making the outrageous growth predictions in adverts but I'm sure that if there is a claim to be had then solicitors would find someone to blame.

The problem could be that the Cryptocurrency Market is still completely unregulated.

Therefore it is a total gamble.

There will be "Dead cat bounces", which will make some hold rather than sell but the overall trend is still downwards.
    • 4 Pete's Sake
    • By 4 Pete's Sake 7th Feb 18, 5:44 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    4 Pete's Sake
    Originally posted by planteria
    Give it a few more months and your wish may well come true.
    • 4 Pete's Sake
    • By 4 Pete's Sake 7th Feb 18, 5:52 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    4 Pete's Sake
    Why bitcoin and not a random other alt coin?
    Originally posted by martinsurrey
    There are now 2831 Cryptocurrencies to choose, you can view them all at:

Just click on heading "CRYPTOCURRENCY" and it will take you to #2831 NumbersCoin. New ones are being invented every day. The scammers inventing them are the people who are making money out of this.
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 7th Feb 18, 6:58 PM
    • 1,583 Posts
    • 1,312 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    It could be those making the outrageous growth predictions in adverts but I'm sure that if there is a claim to be had then solicitors would find someone to blame.
    That isn't mis-selling.

The problem could be that the Cryptocurrency Market is still completely unregulated.

Therefore it is a total gamble.
    The high volatility has nothing to do with whether the market is regulated or not. High volatility is due to wild speculation and fact that the asset has no clear reason for its valuation.
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 7th Feb 18, 6:59 PM
    • 1,583 Posts
    • 1,312 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    There are now 2831 Cryptocurrencies to choose, you can view them all at:

Just click on heading "CRYPTOCURRENCY" and it will take you to #2831 NumbersCoin. New ones are being invented every day. The scammers inventing them are the people who are making money out of this.
    Cryptocurrency isn't a scam. It may be a poor investment choice, but it isn't a scam.
    • FREDERICK BIRKS
    • By FREDERICK BIRKS 21st Feb 18, 11:09 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    FREDERICK BIRKS
    I have just put 250 pounds into bitcoin with kayafx firm as any one heard off this one as the person is very pushey to get me to put more money in it he as traded with the money and made 99.0 pounds in 1 hour i do not want to put more money in so need some help
    • BananaRepublic
    • By BananaRepublic 21st Feb 18, 11:35 AM
    • 1,191 Posts
    • 871 Thanks
    BananaRepublic
    I have just put 250 pounds into bitcoin with kayafx firm as any one heard off this one as the person is very pushey to get me to put more money in it he as traded with the money and made 99.0 pounds in 1 hour i do not want to put more money in so need some help
    Originally posted by FREDERICK BIRKS
    Then don't put any more money in. Please read the comments on this page:

http://scambroker.com/kayafx/

• dealer wins
    • By dealer wins 21st Feb 18, 11:45 AM
    • 5,738 Posts
    • 10,868 Thanks
    dealer wins
    Definately a scam, write of your £250 and wise up big time to the scams out there. Google "common scams" and spend a few hours reading all about them and how to not be a victim next time!
    Choose life
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 21st Feb 18, 1:10 PM
    • 1,583 Posts
    • 1,312 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    It sounds very much like you have been scammed. Bitcoin itself is not a scam, but there are people who will scam you by claiming to invest your money in Bitcoin.

You have almost certainly lost your £250, but still try to get it back out. Don't give them any more money,
    Last edited by ValiantSon; 21-02-2018 at 1:13 PM.
    • TBC15
    • By TBC15 21st Feb 18, 4:59 PM
    • 451 Posts
    • 211 Thanks
    TBC15
    When snake oil becomes popular there will be numerous purveyors of snake oil, some will be charlatans.

The question is do you really want snake oil?
    • Bravepants
    • By Bravepants 21st Feb 18, 5:20 PM
    • 399 Posts
    • 432 Thanks
    Bravepants
    Dear me, if you have to gamble your money sign up to Coinbase.
    • 4 Pete's Sake
    • By 4 Pete's Sake 18th Mar 18, 12:49 AM
    • 268 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    4 Pete's Sake
    You think that you have put £250 into a Cryptocurrency, well you haven't. Research it on the Web. you have put your money into a broker who trades Foreign Currencies. As it happens you may well do better with that than with a Cryptocurrency. Most have now had their "Dead cat bounce" and are now dropping further again. Not surprising when the likes of Google are going to stop carrying their adverts.
    Last edited by 4 Pete's Sake; 27-03-2018 at 2:11 AM.
    • Mickygg
    • By Mickygg 18th Mar 18, 9:43 AM
    • 1,413 Posts
    • 1,145 Thanks
    Mickygg
    Do you seriously have to ask? At what point did you think it's all legit when they told you you had made 40% within an hour??

It's so annoying that we have these scammers, but even more annoying people fall for this.

If it sounds too good to be true, it is a scam!

Your £250 is gone. Just read the comments on the link.
    • sabretoothtigger
    • By sabretoothtigger 24th Mar 18, 5:52 PM
    • 10,004 Posts
    • 6,600 Thanks
    sabretoothtigger
    When snake oil becomes popular there will be numerous purveyors of snake oil, some will be charlatans.

The question is do you really want snake oil?
    Originally posted by TBC15
    What about the poor snakes, what happens to them

The real argument on BTC is around any economy it forms. The froth is all the speculation and on that people are leaning a bit too much but there is some use case in play and that part is interesting.

I think most of the crypto rise is nothing to do with tech, its inverse to dollar printing and loose money. If we ever enter a harsh monetary policy environment then it will be hard times for crypto and all sorts of industries. But meanwhile it will froth on imo, time to be hard bearish was on the highs, Im interested in forthcoming innovation possible.
    See my sig quote from Bernanke, we arent going backwards on this

Holding money, btc, dollars, euro whatever cash value isnt 'investment'.
    Thats the most glaring mistake, I dont hold EURO especially unless I will use it etc. I would criticise not enough use BTC but if the usage levels are rising thats not bearish.
    Last edited by sabretoothtigger; 24-03-2018 at 5:56 PM.
    Tokyo residential prices have gone from 4x London in 1990 to ľ London in 2014
    Maybe this is one of those cases where you canít go home again,
    by Ben S. Bernanke, former Fed chairman
    • 4 Pete's Sake
    • By 4 Pete's Sake 27th Mar 18, 3:02 AM
    • 268 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    4 Pete's Sake
    The smaller cryptocurrencies CC's are leading the way with further falls to levels last seen over 3 months ago. Bitcoin being the biggest has also fallen but not by quite as much. However it will inevitably follow soon.

CC's have had large falls before but soon recover. However Ethereum for example is 65% below where it was before 15 weeks ago, likewise Ripple is 82% below where it was 12 weeks ago. Previously when there have been big percentage falls they have bounced back up very quickly, usually within weeks, but this time it is different. The downward trend is continuing and is prolonged.

The ridiculous rise was built on sentiment rather than a solid foundation and could not have been predicted. However analysis of the currents trend suggests that this will go the same way of many shares that end up 99% below their highs.

Ripple was around 03.45c (99% below the $3.45 high) during much of April 2017 and I fully expect it to be back there some time this year. I'll refer back to this post when it gets there.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,533Posts Today

5,814Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin