Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • angela2011
    • By angela2011 26th Oct 17, 5:37 PM
    • 457Posts
    • 135Thanks
    angela2011
    bitcoin trading.
    • 26th Oct 17, 5:37 PM
    bitcoin trading. 26th Oct 17 at 5:37 PM
    Thinking of investing some cash in to trade in bitcoins. Been looking at cryptoallday and was wondering if anyone had used them before.

Any advice would be great...

TIA...
Page 17
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 26th Jun 18, 9:48 AM
    • 4,460 Posts
    • 7,080 Thanks
    Malthusian
    Wise man say: as long as people are chasing rainbows the clever people will still make money in rainbow-chasing running shoes and anti-leprechaun spray.
    • cajef
    • By cajef 17th Jul 18, 2:51 PM
    • 4,820 Posts
    • 3,866 Thanks
    cajef
    Never a good idea to fully quote spam, I would edit your post and delete the spammy bit and put xxxxxxxxxxxx so it does not remain on the forum.
    Last edited by cajef; 17-07-2018 at 2:55 PM.
    I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
    • msallen
    • By msallen 17th Jul 18, 3:00 PM
    • 861 Posts
    • 956 Thanks
    msallen
    Never a good idea to fully quote spam, I would edit your post and delete the spammy bit and put xxxxxxxxxxxx so it does not remain on the forum.
    Originally posted by cajef
    I disagree. Now when the original post is deleted but someone searches for the name of the spamming company, rather than finding nothing here, they find evidence of their "undesirable marketing practises". i.e. a negative result rather than a neutral one.
    • bowlhead99
    • By bowlhead99 17th Jul 18, 3:37 PM
    • 8,157 Posts
    • 14,900 Thanks
    bowlhead99
    I disagree. Now when the original post is deleted but someone searches for the name of the spamming company, rather than finding nothing here, they find evidence of their "undesirable marketing practises". i.e. a negative result rather than a neutral one.
    Originally posted by msallen
    I'm not sure I necessarily agree with that approach of preserving the spam's name for posterity.

The problem is that most people using search engines do not follow the links to read every corner of the internet where the name comes up... so they would not follow through to this site and find that evidence that the company in question indulged in a bit of junk marketing. But the company might have a mild boost to the total number of search engine hits whenever you put its name in a search bar, due to being mentioned on more web pages. Any publicity is, as they say, good publicity.

In other situations where for example a company shill has set up a thread innocently enquiring about some dangerously risky or outright scam 'investment opportunity'... and a savvy forum user has done some research and provided a scathing commentary on just how risky the offer is and why it carries all the hallmarks of a scam... I'm typically one of the people saying please don't mark it as spam, as it would be a great shame if the thread got deleted because then nobody searching MSE or Google is going to benefit from the research that proved it a likely scam, or would find out what sort of things you can look out for when evaluating if something's legit.

I appreciate this sounds like a double standard but I think the difference is:

1) if something is just blatant spam and quickly eradicated with the spam button, we should not give them the satisfaction of keeping their company name on our community pages, but

2) if something is shown to be a scam or dangerously misleading and we have done some digging and recorded chapter and verse about why the offer is bad, risky, fraudulent etc in a sequence of posts within our community, it is very useful to keep that content 'alive' for people using the Search tools to find and be well warned, rather than us need to be on our guard that it will come around again and either we have to repeat ourselves or risk it not getting shot down so effectively the next time.
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 18th Jul 18, 9:39 AM
    • 4,460 Posts
    • 7,080 Thanks
    Malthusian
    Anyone dealt with brightertrade?
    Originally posted by Juliannedix
    Almost certainly no-one here has, because

1) It is not authorised to conduct business in the UK, or even its home country of Estonia. It's even managed the rare feat of garnering a warning from the Estonian regulator.

2) More generally, this is a Savings and Investments forum, and people who have no savings because they blew it all trying to get rich quick with CFDs from Estonian brokers have no reason to use a Savings and Investments forum.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

18Posts Today

4,623Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin