Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • outofoakes
    • By outofoakes 25th Oct 17, 5:10 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 1Thanks
    outofoakes
    Aegon Retireready
    • 25th Oct 17, 5:10 PM
    Aegon Retireready 25th Oct 17 at 5:10 PM
    Last year, at my 60th birthday, Aegon moved my pension in the Retireready scheme. I was told I could opt to move it back to the original plan but I didn't fully understand and thought I would leave it as they suggested. I am not contributing into the scheme which has a value today of just over 49k but haven't any plans as yet to draw any of it as I am still working part time but I was concerned to see that in the last 6 months the value has decreased by 470.23 (197.85 in charges and 272.48 investment return). Its invested in Scot Eq Cautious Lifestyle PN 2021 ARC, I appreciate that investments can go down but wondered if this seemed a lot to anyone else?
Page 1
    • westv
    • By westv 25th Oct 17, 7:57 PM
    • 4,509 Posts
    • 2,113 Thanks
    westv
    • 25th Oct 17, 7:57 PM
    • 25th Oct 17, 7:57 PM
    0.95% loss is hardly anything.
    • IanSt
    • By IanSt 26th Oct 17, 9:32 AM
    • 259 Posts
    • 191 Thanks
    IanSt
    • 26th Oct 17, 9:32 AM
    • 26th Oct 17, 9:32 AM
    If it were me then the question I would be asking myself is whether this particular fund meets the needs that I have. If it does then a small percentage loss might be okay, however if it doesn't then I would look to see what other funds are available that better meets my specific set of requirements.

The biggest question would be when I thought I would need the money, what other finances I had, and what kind of amounts I would be taking from the pension over what timeframe.
    • outofoakes
    • By outofoakes 10th Feb 18, 12:59 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    outofoakes
    • 10th Feb 18, 12:59 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 12:59 PM
    Thanks for the replies but just had another look at this and my statement now says in the last 6 months there have been 197.69 deducted for charges which I am aware apply to all pensions but investment losses of 1606.02 is worrying me.
    I am hoping to retire in two years time and I am worried that losses at this rate will leave me with a lot less in this pension pot.
    I understand that investments go down as well as up but wondering if I should look at moving this to something else, I would have to take financial advice as I have zero knowledge.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 10th Feb 18, 1:09 PM
    • 92,223 Posts
    • 59,404 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 10th Feb 18, 1:09 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 1:09 PM
    but investment losses of 1606.02 is worrying me.
    And do you worry about the gains during positive periods? (noting your later comment about knowing they go down as well as up)

I am hoping to retire in two years time and I am worried that losses at this rate will leave me with a lot less in this pension pot.
    What method of retirement income are you going to be using?

I understand that investments go down as well as up but wondering if I should look at moving this to something else, I would have to take financial advice as I have zero knowledge.
    It may be that is the right option. It could also be a very bad move as well. It all depends on what your plans are.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

657Posts Today

5,495Users online

Martin's Twitter