Best put on my big girl pants! my saving for a deposit diary

Comments

• We went to the appointment. The consultant at the X-ray dept requested more than just his legs being X-rayed for acurate diagnosis. In the end his whole body was basically xrayed. (head. Torso legs arm hand hips and lower spine) he has enough for his report to the pediatrician so hopefully the next time we see the pediatrician they will be able to tell us if he does or doesn't have a type of skeletal dysplasia. All we can do now is wait.. Now today is done I feel alot more relaxed about it all. The pediatric radiographer and her team were amazing. Really I'm so greatful for the nhs when it comes to stuff like this. Fantastic staff and no huge medical bills or insurance to have to worry about on top. We really are extremely lucky
    June 17 £16,000 debt ~ nov 18 DEBT FREE •June 21 £16,308 debt / july 22 debt free •Original mortgage free date 01/06/2059 current mortgage free date 01/05/2046
  • Pediatrician phoned me earlier.
    Sons bone growth is at 2 year old. He turned 4 last Month. They will take more measurements when they next see him and if he has slow growth will do further investigations
    June 17 £16,000 debt ~ nov 18 DEBT FREE •June 21 £16,308 debt / july 22 debt free •Original mortgage free date 01/06/2059 current mortgage free date 01/05/2046
  • went to see Santa today with the kids. £15 spent
    Did skip runs on Tuesday before work.
    Travelled to Wales to see family yesterday and went out with some work colleagues for a few Xmas drinks last night £2.80 spent. :)
    We have been given some money for Xmas already. It's gone into the house money box. We don't need or want anything so rather it go In there than we waste it on "stuff". Done my budget for next year. Hope to have at least 15k saved by December 2018 not including the 2k which will be the total of our savings the end of this year.

I have cut our budget as far back as I possibly can so now it's just about staying on track.
    Youngest two should be settled soon. So I'm going to finish my meds course. Have a bath read my book and get some sleep.
    Food shop and work tomorrow.
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,894
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    So sorry to hear of the worrying times you have had lately waiting for a diagnosis for your son, but it was lovely to read your earlier positive post and how happy your boy is, I hope you all have a great Christmas :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Wow you have loads of goals- I always find recording them somewhere and then reviewing them throughout the month really helps to push me on.

You’ve got this! :D
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • Thankyou both. It is a worrying time. I think thats why I'm trying to keep busy. I finished my course last night so need to send that today. Need to do a good shop and have family visiting. Work later. And tomorrow off Christmas Eve. Working Xmas day. And off boxing day. Will update later
  • Food shop done. What we haven't got now is tough
    We will be payed early due to Christmas so I need to look out for that and transfer it to the bills account for February.
    I need to see if i can open a help to buy isa. I'm sure I opened another isa this tax year so need to have a look and find out if I need to wait till April or not.
    Looking at our budget we should be able to transfer 1000 to savings on the first of January will update when I do
  • washing machine came up with a fault last night so stopped working . We Googled what was wrong at it turned out to be the filter. Shows it pays to check before Calling an engineer or insurance. Anyway it's sorted now. I had a slight panic last night thinking it was something more wrong .

I need to get milk today as was unable to when shopping as there was non left.

I'm going to have a shower in a minute and then get ready for work as I need to pop to town before work. Parking is going to be horrendous. I'm dreading it already. But I need some new leggings as all of mine have stains on them. And a Christmas jumper for work.

I'm going to leave midday which will give me about two hours before I'll need to head to work.

Tomorrow the boys are going to their dad / nan as normal. Then we are visiting my Nana and then going to the christingle with extended family and my grandma. Then we will chill out with a film and sort the presents ready for Xmas day. Xmas day I will be with the family in the morning. Then the boys are going to there dad/nan and I'm off to work. Boxing Day we will continue the Christmas celebrations with our Christmas dinner and games and films and a family walk.

I don't know if I've mentioned before but the whole of next year we are doing a no spend year. Just bills and essential spends are allowed. To try and hit our savings goal by December.
    Family are buying us a family annual national trust pass so that's some days out sorted. We have an experience day of water zorbing which was mine and my partners Xmas present. I have allocated a set amount each month for Xmas and birthday gifts etc and the same for car costs. Everything has been budgeted for and we have a misc amount each month for things like clothes shoes uniform etc.

At an absolute push sticking to the budget providing our income doesn't change too much I think we should be able to save £17k if partner can transfer the amount I've requested off him each month. Plus we should have £2k saved from this year and I'm hoping to raise an extra £1k in overtime etc to round the savings figure to 20k .

My first aim is 10k then 15k and if I reach that I'll aim for the 20k .
    If we could have the 20k saved by the end of December 2018 we will be in a good position to buy the following year. Although we are still considering the part buy in our village i we can afford it without stretching ourselves.

In September once second born is at school I'm also considering getting a second job but we will see.
  • I've done all my accounts ready for January.
    We shouldn't need anything between now and the new year except electric and milk.

House fund 2000
    House box 120
    Emergancy fund 100
    Xmas/bdays 50

Will also add this month's overtime when I get paid.

I need to save 1666 a Month to hit our 20k target.
    I think we will be looking at saving 1k + overtime more realistically but we will see
  • this is the totals of our balances.
    We need to improve this and quickly
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure