Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 23rd Oct 17, 9:38 PM
    • 447Posts
    • 1,177Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    Best put on my big girl pants! my saving for a deposit diary
    • 23rd Oct 17, 9:38 PM
    Best put on my big girl pants! my saving for a deposit diary 23rd Oct 17 at 9:38 PM
    My diary to debt free and saving for a deposit by 35 .*updated feb 2018 - aim to be homeowners by if not hopefully before 30*

we aim to save 25k before even going to the bank for a dip

current age 25 . current financal status . trying but not trying hard enough . in debt with hardly a pot to wee in ... it has to change ... from today

we have consolidated our debts as of November so will just do an update regarding extra payments and a remaining balance every few months.

for the most part this will be my diary on saving for a deposit the highs lows and raising 3 children all currently 8yo or younger while doing it .
    Last edited by mumof3.12kindebt; 25-02-2018 at 10:13 PM.
Page 11
    • debtaghh
    • By debtaghh 10th Apr 18, 7:14 AM
    • 1,459 Posts
    • 5,509 Thanks
    debtaghh
    What an inspirational post. It sounds like you are doing amazingly, well done.
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 11th Apr 18, 12:23 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 1,177 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    I have work later.
    I've tided the house so I'm going to make a cuppa take some painkillers amd have a bath
    Tomorrow I need to get middle child in to the doctors again for another ear infection.

NSD Today. Yesterday was just a small spend on milk
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 12th Apr 18, 1:33 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 1,177 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    doctors done... more antibiotics for little man

20 spent yesterday.

myself and oh are off out tonight for a rare date night. cinema and food. should be nice and to be honest its long over due and very much needed

day off today and tomorrow

i need to sort my emails and register for my dementia training course. also need to sort out with my tutor about my diploma . its going to be a busy few months doing both the courses and working but will be worth it .

off to do the rest of the housework . ive also chased ds2 pediatrician secretary as he was due an appointment in February and we still haven't heard anything about his next appointment .
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 12th Apr 18, 3:28 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 1,177 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    Guess who's employer has told my pension provider I'm no longer working for them... That would be mine. I worked there yesterday I'm back in the weekend. I wasn't aware that I'd been sacked. Because so far I haven't been sacked. and I haven't been told to leave or that they plan on sacking me so I guess he's told them that to get out of paying.... Or maybe he will be sacking me... We will see. Fed up with working under him..plan to get my.diploma and leave but not until I've fort for my pension contributions off him
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 13th Apr 18, 8:15 AM
    • 447 Posts
    • 1,177 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    13/04/18
    loan stands at 7800 once this month dd has gone out

savings stand at 4000

conversation got onto the subject of marriage last night. we both agreed we would love to have a simple stripped back wedding. but oh was worried about what people would say. me i couldn't care less what people think, but its looking like we may get married before youngest starts school which would be nice. we also talked about possibly another baby , again it wouldn't be for a few years, if i am going to apply to do nursing id like to do that first. its looking like the year we turn 30 or thereabouts could be a busy year !

on the spend front we spent 9 in nandos and 3 at the cinema thanks to vouchers we had for xmas for nandoes and free cinema tickets .. film was great . food was good. and we gave the nearly full tub of popcorn we had left to two homeless people sleeping on the street .. they were so so thankful i was crying as we walked away from them .. i can't even begin to imagine what it must be like for them ...

anyway 2nd load of washing is on, middle childs bed has been stripped . kitchen is tidy lounge is tidy,,, (thats what happens when my ex mil comes over to babysit the kids) win win !!

all the kids have had breakfast

i keep thinking about getting a better table for our kitchen but partner said the one we have is better here as its a small kitchen and folds down when we dont need to use it and when we put both sides up all 4 of us can fit round it and baby goes in her highchair,... its old virtually retro it was my nanas and i think its just because it doesnt look very nice is why i keep wanting to buy a new one. but practicality wise we wouldn't get better than the one we have.

off to find something to do... think it looks like a few hours playing with the kids .. happy days
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 13th Apr 18, 11:36 AM
    • 447 Posts
    • 1,177 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    bathroom been deep cleaned

going to list some stuff on fb for sale. only a few items but if they sell ill put the money in the house box
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 13th Apr 18, 4:28 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 1,177 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    off to a!di to do a food shop. Im armed with a list! And aim to stick to it. Will use my phone to add it up as I go along to try and stick to budget.

Off we go will update when I get back
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 13th Apr 18, 4:29 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 1,177 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    oh I have spent the afternoon sorting the fridge. Pantry and drinks cupboard. It looks so organised!
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 15th Apr 18, 7:08 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 1,177 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    87 spent in the last few days on food. Just finished a shift at work. Kitchen looks like a tornado has swept through it. I put dinner in the slow cooker before I left this morning. So everyone has been fed even though ibonly walked through the door half an hour ago.

I'm off too sort the house out then I'll have something to eat.

House and kids sorted for bed to start with then I'll see what energy I have for anything else
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 16th Apr 18, 1:33 AM
    • 447 Posts
    • 1,177 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    Recieved the school admissions offer for ds2. So accepted his place. I think we have a meeting with them and his sen nursery next month.
    I'm 4lb off my target weight (gained 12lb so far.)

As of Sept eldest will be going into year 5 at school and I hoped to move before he started high school.
    That doesn't seem that far away now!

We will see. We are heading in the right direction at least
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 17th Apr 18, 11:19 AM
    • 447 Posts
    • 1,177 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    so I've just worked out since having my loan 5 months ago. I should of paid off 980 . I've actually paid off 3300.

Our savings are still at 4000

Oh Is going to help me tomorrow link my spread sheet to my phone.

Yesterday I filled my tank so that was just under 50 in fuel.
    Today I brought tobacco and filters. I need to sort out my vape to help me cut back down.
    Tomorrow I have a scan on my womb ovaries and bladder

I'm not sure if I have already updated but my smear and blood tests all came back normal.
    One major issue I'm having at the moment is my bladder if the scan is clear I'll be put on medication for overactive bladder. I also need to try and source some help regarding my pain. I'd like to try that needle thing. I think that can be used for pain. As I'm going through quite a bad patch. I've also been referred to wheelchair services as I still have my paediatric wheel chair. So I'm in need of a new one. I wont qualify for an electric one though which will ultimately give me more independence as I can no longer push myself in a self propelled. So this is anothrt thing I'm going to have to look at buying in the future.

I'm feeling a little deflated at the whole money situation ATM. I'm not sure if we will get our savings back upto 5k by the end of the month. But I am still trying to be careful with money. I'm hoping if I can get my pain and muscles back under control I can increase my working hours towards the end of the year.
    I need to ask my gp about trialling baclofen (sp) again. I also need to get into The doctors as I've ran out of tramadol. As I have been reliant on it everyday for the last 10 days. I only ever take this pain killer if I absolutely have to. It's my last resort.

I'm 25 and reliant on so much medicstion . Mainly pain relief this is something. I want to explore othet options and I'm going to be in pain fot the rest of my life and at 25 I'm still extreamly young. I don't want to be on morphine etc in ten years. Because what options does that leave me in my 40s 50s 60s etc.

On the upside we have only spent on essentials the last few days
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 19th Apr 18, 1:31 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 1,177 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    So the good news
    ~ Dispite being in alot of pain with my legs (going through a bad patch with my cerebral palsy ATM) we have kept on top of the housework.
    ~ I've managed to get 3 loads dry on the line. So haven't had to use the tumble dryer.
    ~ the pool is being filled for when the kids are home
    ~ the lawn has been cut

Bad points.
    ~ I've been spending. By the time this month is out it may be our worst month so far on this journey . . I need to give myself a talking too. !!
    And I promise from now until the end of next month I will stick to my budget.
    ~ my scan showed I have bladder issues (was less than 1/4 full and I was dying for a wee.) so that needs further investigations . There's also an issue with my cervix which is why I'm getting pain and bleeding but the scan lady advised if I can live with it to leave it as treatment will be invasive and it's not cancerous. I also have a small cyst on my right ovary (I've had these before that have got as big as 7cm in the past.) again ATM nothing to worry about. So it's just my bladder I need further investigations for.

I've wrote my list of things to mention to sons pead Dr when we go.

Overall things are okay I just need to get back on to the budget wagon and stop spending unnessisary money.

Here's hoping the savings would of increased by next month.
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 19th Apr 18, 4:37 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 1,177 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    There is a table top sale of second hand uniform next Tuesday at the school so I've put it in the diary for partner to go down early while I'm at work to try and get some jumpers for ds2 who will be starting in September and older son as he needs some too hoping he can bag some as they sell them at 2/.3 each and they are normally 15 each so will save us a fortune!

Another up side. We dont have much easy meal stuff left in the freezer and it'd boiling today . The old me would of ordered take out and got it delivered. Instead I went to Tesco for sunscreen and grabbed some pizzas. Sunscreen 5 . Pizzas 7 with dough ball sides. Saving us 33 vs ordering take out!

Kids have friends over and are currently playing in the pool. One of the neighbours dragged her kid back round home crying. We missed the mom to say she's welcome to join them. So getting partner to shout over the fence

Baby is inside with me in the shade. We have the fan going it's lovely and cool.

I'm doing tea for 6 to allow them plenty of fun time in the pool.

Loving this weather. !
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 19th Apr 18, 4:40 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 1,177 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    we have an aim to be able to start looking to buy 2 years from now.

I'm drawing up a countdown to put on my fridge tonight. Along with our savings goals underneath (just so it's not visable to everyone who goes in our kitchen)
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 19th Apr 18, 7:22 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 1,177 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    okay so our countdown is done and printed off and is up on my kitchen wall.

24 months from next month is what ive done, with a

'may 2020 .. property search begins'

we have another piece of paper underneath with the savings aims

right .. time to stop messing about and get my good head firmly screwed back on!

lets do this ....

as of today

debt 7800

savings 3600
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 20th Apr 18, 11:58 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 1,177 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    Officially started my Diploma today.

Really going to get my head down and prove to my employer I can do this and that not only am I a hard worker I'm a good student too

This will keep me off internet window shopping at least.

Hope to do my level 4 and 5 in the future
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 24th Apr 18, 9:41 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 1,177 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    Hoping to get some overtime between now and the end of the year. I was going to use the money to get ahead of our countdown but I want to build up around 6k in emergancy fund before we move also do any overtime is currently going in there until further notice.
    Eldest has a residential trip coming up we have. 160 left to pay.
    Work again tomorrow afternoon. Worked this morning too.
    I've been quite the busy bee. Been keeping on top of the house work better than I ever have. Feels good to wake up to a spotless lounge and kitchen.
    Resorting our room tomorrow before work.
    Studying Thursday and Friday and back in work Saturday. Day out on Sunday hopefully
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 26th Apr 18, 11:56 AM
    • 447 Posts
    • 1,177 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    Residential trip paid for.

Had the letter last week. And an email from school this morning to say it was over the pavement due date. Feel sorry For any families living pay check to pay check with no savings. Who had forgot about it as the only other letter that was sent was in September when the deposit was due to be paid.
    Anyway that's 160 paid out today.

Ill do an update on finances. Next month

Will be doing some more studying tonight
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 27th Apr 18, 12:11 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 1,177 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    Didn't do any studying last night. But did this morning.
    All rooms are clean and tidy.
    Both sons have a friend over tonight to play and for tea.
    I've done all my essential phone calls etc this morning. All rooms are clean and tidy.
    I've slipped up again this month with spending. Brought some stuff for the kitchen that TBH we didn't really need.
    My dads birthday on Monday so need to sort something for him

I have 9 questions left that my tutor set me for my diploma and 10 left of my dementia course . Going to crack on with it again when ds2 has finished lunch.

I have put all of the laundry away apart from two sons. Will put theirs away before I do the school run this afternoon.
    WM & TD are on.

I'm on track with my count down I think so that's good. Will check and sort banking shortly.

Haven't done any overtime again this month. So will be expecting a low pay month again.
    Any overtime previously id just bee n putting in savings or towards debt.

Hoping to get some overtime from August onwards. If not before.
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 27th Apr 18, 1:04 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 1,177 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    I've just sat down and worked out the Finances for between now to July as was feeling a little deflated.
    We should be on track if not ahead of our countdown come July. So that's some good news
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

314Posts Today

1,697Users online

Martin's Twitter