[STRIKE]5 ~ sort bedroom[/STRIKE]
    6 ~ declutter my clothes
    7 ~ declutter dds clothes
    8 ~ have 5 family days / afternoons out
    9 ~ no smoking january so far so good
    10 ~ no TV for me -so far achieved
    11 ~ take Christmas Decs down
    12 ~ log all spends in January so far so good
    13 ~ [STRIKE]try to gain 2 extra shifts at work[/STRIKE].
    14 ~ [STRIKE]sort wardrobe[/STRIKE] and get rid
    15 ~ get rid of my Chest of drawers[STRIKE] and my bed side table [/STRIKE]
    16 ~ [STRIKE]empty car [/STRIKE]/ clean car
    17 ~ [STRIKE]sort kitchen[/STRIKE]
    18 ~ sort kids toys
    19 ~ keep the place tidy and as clutter free and organized as possible.
    20 ~ dentist appointment
    21 ~ sort out about paying school fees
    22 ~ pay school fees
    23 ~ compare and swap broadband
    [STRIKE]24 ~ cancel now TV [/STRIKE]
    25 ~ finish my book!
    26 ~ have a store cupboard week (don't go food shopping for a week)
    27 ~ make £250
    June 17 £16,000 debt ~ nov 18 DEBT FREE •June 21 £16,308 debt / july 22 debt free •Original mortgage free date 01/06/2059 current mortgage free date 01/05/2046
  • Tomorrow. Sort school fees.
    Pay catalogue
    Book dentist appointment
    Pick up prescription from doctors
    EBay listing
    Hoover / mop
    Swimming lesson (already paid for)
    June 17 £16,000 debt ~ nov 18 DEBT FREE •June 21 £16,308 debt / july 22 debt free •Original mortgage free date 01/06/2059 current mortgage free date 01/05/2046
  • January goals
    1 ~ have 20 nsds 2 so far
    [STRIKE]2 ~ save £1300[/STRIKE]
    3 ~ stick to budget so far achieved
    4 ~ paint hallway
    [STRIKE]5 ~ sort bedroom[/STRIKE]
    6 ~ declutter my clothes
    7 ~ declutter dds clothes
    8 ~ have 5 family days / afternoons out
    9 ~ no smoking january so far so good
    10 ~ no TV for me -so far achieved
    11 ~ take Christmas Decs down
    12 ~ log all spends in January so far so good
    [STRIKE]13 ~ try to gain 2 extra shifts at work[/STRIKE].
    14 ~ [STRIKE]sort wardrobe and[/STRIKE] get rid
    15 ~ get rid of my Chest of drawers[STRIKE] and my bed side table [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]16 ~ empty car[/STRIKE] / clean car
    [STRIKE]17 ~ sort kitchen[/STRIKE]
    18 ~ sort kids toys
    19 ~ keep the place tidy and as clutter free and organized as possible.
    20 ~ dentist appointment
    [STRIKE]21 ~ sort out about paying school fees
    22 ~ pay school fees [/STRIKE]
    23 ~ compare and swap broadband
    [STRIKE]24 ~ cancel now TV[/STRIKE]
    25 ~ finish my book!
    26 ~ have a store cupboard week (don't go food shopping for a week)
    27 ~ make £250
  • Tomorrow.
    Sort school fees. ✅
    Pay catalogue ✅
    Book dentist appointment
    Pick up prescription from doctors
    EBay listing
    Hoover / mop
    Swimming lesson (already paid for)
  • Nothing spent today outside of budgeted bills.

Swimming later then I'm going to take the Xmas tree down tonight and may start painting the hall.
  • currently sat watching paint dry. :rotfl:
    On the plus side I already had the paint so a no spend and it gets something else crossed off my list although at this rate I'll be finished at Christmas. Going from bright red back to magnolia so when we do eventually move it's easier to touch up before we leave
  • Yesterday we ended up doing another food shop. £31 spent.

Today £5 spent to put in a card for sons friend as he's been invited to his party this evening.

Tea is cooking to stop us being tempted to buy takeout on the way home from the party.

I'm full of cold and lacking energy after working yesterday evening until 10pm and going back in at 8am this morning. So tonight I'm going to have a bath and relax with my book or get an early night.

Back in work Monday. Tomorrow we have the pantomime.
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hope you feel better and enjoy the pantomime.
  • Thank you. I seem to have a bad cold. head hurts. full of cold chesty bad cough. not back in work now till Wednesday afternoon and then off till the weekend as its ds1s birthday on Friday.

So I'm going to just keep on top of the house. And stay at home other than work and a food shop. As I felt rotten the other day so just got Some of what was on the list.

On the upside. I've been noting Our spends daily. And I've listed a few items for sale. Providing they sell and I do all my overtime set this month I still hit our 4k target but we will see how the selling goes.

Ds1 is having a tea party and movie night at Home with a few friends and family for his birthday so nice and cheap. And was what he requested.

I finished work at ten tonight. I'm off to bed now as I'm still feeling very tired. I hope I feel better soon

£5.25 spent today at Sains. Milk. Lacto milk weetabix and a tin of beans. :eek:
  • Stayed at home since last posting as still not feeling well.
    Got electric today. £20
    Got a letter to say our water payment will be increasing by £6 a month.
    Work later. Then I'm off till Saturday as its eldests birthday Friday. Need to make or buy a cake for him
    He's asked for money so that's easy enough will put £50 in his card. Also going to give him an extra £20 to pick out some more trousers when he goes shopping with his money as he needs some. A family member has brought him a coat so he will have a spare. And the rest of the family have given him money.

He also needs new school shoes. So I need to find a good hardwearing pair.

One of my items has sold. Will add the money to the savings when they collect / Pay.

I've ordered a wig. As I've tried for a while to get my hair back blonde and it's just not happening. So I decided to finally bite the bullet and purchase one and it means I won't have to keep spending money dying my hair for a while. The plan is to cut it short and wear the wig when out and at work and let my head breathe at home. I know it will help me feel confident again so for just that alone it will be worth it.

I have my brothers 21st birthday this month (money already put aside for him along with eldest)

I wont be topping up my Giff gaff this month. If I do find I need some minutes I'll just top up the £5 package.

I need to keep a close eye on our spends to really work out if our budget is realistic.

I have been noting all our spends so this will be used to look back at how we can improve sooner.

I've also been toying with the idea of not going for a part buy and moving out of the village although this means I'm going to have to put the pressure on oh to get his driving licence .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure