Paying off debt to freedom

Comments

• camz2017
    camz2017 Posts: 347 Forumite
    edited 3 December 2017 at 3:08AM
    Really glad my friends here, needed a close friend to talk to as my heads been absolutely all over the place.

...He's where I get a lot of my nasty behaviours from though, we were always in trouble as kids etc.
    The lady in mcdonalds was being really slow today, and getting the order wrong over and over, he really wanted to get his milkshake, take the lid off and throw it over her. I genuinely had to pull his arm to stop him doing it when she served him... It wasn't even the same person serving as who took the order! Such a d*ck - your typical mercedes driver lol. I'm definitely the good one out of us, also wasn't feeling a police visit!!

Spend today, £3 in mcdonalds (2 mcflurrys and 1 apple pie) - yes I ate them all together lol.
    £12 as we're doing fake xmas dinner tomorrow for me and my friend whos over + my housemate (who may contribute - or provide wine)

Will spend £10 tomorrow max.

Might ask my friend to stay for a week or two, he's between jobs right now (starts a new one in 2018), but it's massively massively sorting my head out having him around. When I grew up, I used to basically live at his (as my family wasn't great), and would always fall asleep next to the guy... so quite happy to share my enormous super king bed... To be clear, he is the only exception everyone else can sleep downstairs.:)
    BC 0/15305.83 MBNA: 0/11231.16 TESCO 0/822.87 LOAN 0/4272.67
  • camz2017
    edited 3 December 2017 at 9:30PM
    Spent today £7.49 - £6.50 on alcohol, 99p on a mcflurry (I know I have an issue), I have a sugar addition and it's getting worse haha.

Fake xmas was so much fun :) My friend got me a dashcam, he knows I'm always involved in dramas on the road... Was so excited installing it lol. I can start sharing with you my driving dramas in VIDEO format - YAY! Get ready, you can all hear me shouting at people now in Full HD.

I don't get how anyone lives without a car, I honestly drive every single day, I have done 10,000+ miles since April. Maybe as I'm a northerner I'm used to driving, but this whole you can live in London without a car nonsense is amusing... You can, but it's gonna suck lugging 12 bottles of water 20 mins down the road.

Did gym 5am to 8am (3 hours of gym), 1 hour cardio, 2 hours of weights etc... I honestly can't move my whole body right now but I LOVE it, feel proud, like I'm going to make some serious gains.
  • natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    camz2017 wrote: »
    My friend got me a dashcam, he knows I'm always involved in dramas on the road... Was so excited installing it lol.

Yeah, my OH managed to crack my windscreen and break the auto-dim on my rearview mirror when he installed mine!!
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • camz2017
    How in the world did he manage that!? That’s hilarious... I like to think I’m quite handy, feel free to invite me over in future for technical installations. :)

I’m going to pop some lights up on the house later, make it nice and Christmassy.

Just headed to b&m on the hunt for cheap bulbs - 4 blew last night all at once. Tesco’s price of £3 per bulb scared me.
  • natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    camz2017 wrote: »
    How in the world did he manage that!? That’s hilarious...

Decided to hard-wire it in, RV mirror closest point of power.... took the surround apart and broke the connector for the auto-dim... after blowing up the dashcam (points round the wrong way) he put the surround back on, gave it a good thump and cracked my windscreen! A lovely radiating crack.... 3 days before my MOT was due by which time it had spread right across my screen in 5 directions!! I was not laughing!!

How you getting on with the festive lights?
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • camz2017
    edited 14 December 2017 at 3:39PM
    Decided to hard-wire it in, RV mirror closest point of power.... took the surround apart and broke the connector for the auto-dim... after blowing up the dashcam (points round the wrong way) he put the surround back on, gave it a good thump and cracked my windscreen! A lovely radiating crack.... 3 days before my MOT was due by which time it had spread right across my screen in 5 directions!! I was not laughing!!

How you getting on with the festive lights?
    Oh my god!!! :eek::eek: He really over complicated things haha.
    I just got the dashcam wire, the cable slotted right under the ceiling of the car and then behind the rubber bit around the door. I then entered the cable under the passenger glove box (there's some plastic I can pop it under), and to the cig port. You don't see a cable. I'm way too lazy to try and get things hard wired!

Lights look good, found them in the house already, lit up around the door nicely.
  • camz2017
    ...As a sidenote in the end Natwest declined me for the loan, so now I have things sitting at silly APRs, but in a way it's a kick up in the right direction to make me deal with things. I called MBNA they said my credit limit was too utilised for any deals to show right now, but they did increase the limit to 12K meaning as of next month if I am eligible offers will begin showing (start of Feb onwards they said). They also moved my debt down to 6.9% until June 2019, and some of it to October 2019, I did try to flirt with the lady a little in the end lol, she spoke to a manager. Good result.
  • Hello! I have read through your diary and I think you’re doing well! It’s a shame about the loan but well done for calling the bank and getting them to change the interest rates- hopefully that will make a massive difference! I also spend way too much on food! Sunday roasts in nice pubs are my biggest downfall... have you managed to cut down at all?
    ETA x
  • camz2017
    Cut down massively on food, still spending more than I would ideally want to but I've come to terms with it, and just budget for it. It has meant I've had to sacrifice eating out and going out a lot, as well as basically deciding to not buy new clothes for a while, but it's all priorities. What I have done is to setup a second bank account with Monzo, where I have a standing order enter every 14 days with my budget, this way I can only spend what I have. I've shifted away from using my AMEX to buy everything (I think Credit is a bad idea for me right now).

Lunch wise, I either take in Lunch or have the £3 tesco meal-deal, no exceptions. I prefer taking it in as then I get much better protein and macros for the day. I seem to have developed a new habit though, crazy amounts of red bull lol - my end of years been stressful I'm barely sleeping. I did however get it cheap at a bulk buy store.

Also yay - new people!!! :) Thanks for reading!
  • camz2017
    edited 6 December 2017 at 7:38PM
    Going on a double date tonight with my friend, someone he met and then me and one of my ex's friends lol... I wont even lie I'm doing this purely to annoy my ex, but still quite excited for the date!! I haven't been on one in ages, like months. Nothing to expensive, just a meal out, probably spend £15 to £20.

also I suck at taking lunch to work, I end up eating it before lunch haha - and then I get hungry again later...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport