Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sennypijama
    • By sennypijama 22nd Oct 17, 11:14 AM
    • 112Posts
    • 173Thanks
    sennypijama
    Unread posts link not working
    • 22nd Oct 17, 11:14 AM
    Unread posts link not working 22nd Oct 17 at 11:14 AM
    Hi

To the left of each thread title is a little dot that can be green, orange or grey. If it is green, clicking it should take me to the first unread post in a thread I've already viewed.

This isn't working for me - clicking it just refreshes the page I'm on.

Is this a problem just for me, or is it a site issue?

SP
Page 2
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 20th Nov 17, 12:42 PM
    • 8,976 Posts
    • 21,739 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Hi sennypijama

I'm very sorry, I didn't manage to get this over to the techies the last time we spoke, I've just sent it now.

The tech team will prioritise it against other work and let me know if they can do it and, if so, when.

Until they get back to me the next best thing in the blue forum is to click the "unread posts" tab in your settings page which shows you threads that have been replied to since you last looked at them.

Also, in both the old green and "new" blue versions you can update your settings to receive email notifications when someone has replied on a thread you've posted on or subscribed to.

I'll get back to you when I hear back from the tech team.

I'm sorry again.

Andrea
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    • hawkwind
    • By hawkwind 16th Dec 17, 10:18 AM
    • 212 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    hawkwind
    Any news on this yet?
    I hardly keep up with any topics now as it's not tablet friendly in the original format and impossible in the newer one.
    Thanks.
    • sennypijama
    • By sennypijama 9th Jan 18, 11:44 AM
    • 112 Posts
    • 173 Thanks
    sennypijama
    Hi Andrea

Have the MSE Techies let you know when they can get this fixed?

Kind regards

Senny
    • hawkwind
    • By hawkwind 1st Feb 18, 10:33 AM
    • 212 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    hawkwind
    Hi, any news on a fix yet?
    I hardly use the forum now as I browse exclusively on tablet and mobile.
    Thanks.
    • t4tremendous
    • By t4tremendous 1st Feb 18, 10:50 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    t4tremendous
    Hi sennypijama

I'm very sorry, I didn't manage to get this over to the techies the last time we spoke, I've just sent it now.

The tech team will prioritise it against other work and let me know if they can do it and, if so, when.

Until they get back to me the next best thing in the blue forum is to click the "unread posts" tab in your settings page which shows you threads that have been replied to since you last looked at them.

Also, in both the old green and "new" blue versions you can update your settings to receive email notifications when someone has replied on a thread you've posted on or subscribed to.

I'll get back to you when I hear back from the tech team.

I'm sorry again.

Andrea
    Originally posted by MSE Andrea
    hi

sorry to hijack this thread

i cannot post on ANY thread without quoting someone

i cannot start any threads as the start thread button simply does not exist anywhere on the site

just speaking to someone about this via pm but as a new member cant send a pm more than once in an hour

any ideas?

has this happened before, is my account a dud

just wanted to get some advice about something else have wound up posting this and sending a pm and spending all my time working out why everyone else can see a post new thread button and i cant?

i also cant reply to threads without quoting someone

any help please?
    • fermi
    • By fermi 2nd Feb 18, 12:10 AM
    • 39,440 Posts
    • 47,472 Thanks
    fermi
    That is not usual, but could be related to recent anti-spam measures.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumhelp.php

• ACCOUNT HELP : If you want to ask about changing your username, have login problems, have password problems or a technical issue please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    This time of night, I imagine any tech issue won't be looked at until morning.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
    • hawkwind
    • By hawkwind 22nd Mar 18, 10:42 AM
    • 212 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    hawkwind
    Any word on this being fixed yet?
    Is been 5 months since the op first posted.
    Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2Posts Today

3,736Users online

Martin's Twitter