Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Saga
    • By Saga 21st Oct 17, 8:00 PM
    • 42Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Saga
    Experian vs ClearScore
    • 21st Oct 17, 8:00 PM
    Experian vs ClearScore 21st Oct 17 at 8:00 PM
    Firstly, I do appreciate that we should not worry about credit scores as lenders take any notice of them.

That said, what likely reasons are there for me having a 999/999 Experian score but only 487/700 ClearScore (Equifax) score?

I have no debts (credit card used regularly & paid off in full every month), have but never use o/d, utilities on DD or paid off immediately, have always been on electoral roll, never had any CCJs/IVAs, lived at last 2 addresses for >10 years.

Just a little baffled as the CS report actually says there are ten positives and zero negatives on my file. How am I supposed to improve my score if there are no negatives?
    ---
    100% debt-free!
Page 2
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 12th Apr 18, 8:18 PM
    • 31,690 Posts
    • 19,985 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Scores are being ignored, more to the point they are baffling and give no indication as to what the actual problem is.

I don't think I have said I have ever struggled to pay any of it? I have chosen to fund it through short term finance rather than a long term mortgage (most people would re-mortgage or take out home improvement loan or withdraw savings) therefore saving money on interest.

I would rather have my savings earning me money (all be it interest is low) and take advantage of the 0% or low rate as I can afford to do so.

Consolidation would mean less DD's coming out throughout the month easier to sort your finances that is all!
    Originally posted by DizzyBrunette
    Consolidating rarely works as something else crops up.
    Lenders will see it as extra debt, how much are you thinking of applying for ?

Have you tried applying to a lender ?
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,097Posts Today

5,277Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin