IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

LPS - Parking Charge Notice - Stratford On Avon

Hi All, hopefully you can help - not sure if this can be appealed or a slam dunk by myself:

Parking board had usual prices on an a note saying "An evening charge of £2.00 applies between 16:00-08:00 - I waited a few minutes till it got to that time and then paid the £2. when it printed out it said departure time 17:59 :mad: - not really thinking i assumed this would be ok as the £2 paid took the parking duration into the "overnight period" anyway but I guess that would be classed as an additional charge to what I paid?

I don't recall if there was a time display on the ticket machine.

Returned later to receive the Parking Charge Notice from LPS - invoice was times at 18:51.

Do I have a chance of an appeal?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,255
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Returned later to receive the Parking Charge Notice from LPS
    Which ‘LPS’? Just look at the number it could be! Please be precise rather than using acronyms, as advice might well be different for some of them.

http://www.bmpa.eu/company_guide_j_to_o.html
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Umkomaas
    Forumite

Thanks for confirmation. BPA operators so can be beaten at POPLA, but you must appeal first to LPS, who will reject it (don’t expect anything else - there’s no profit for them in cancelling a ticket!).

Go to the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 and read it, then use the blue text template initial appeal - use it exactly as it is, no additions or edits.

Get your POPLA code, then read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3 which tells you how to win at POPLA (do some advance reading there between sending your initial appeal and getting the LPS response - up to 35 days for them to do so).

Come back once you have your POPLA code and give us a look at the first draft of your POPLA appeal.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• super, will do! I'm abroad second week of November so the 35 days should give me plenty of time to submit to POPLA.
  • Umkomaas
    Forumite
    edited 21 October 2017 at 11:49AM
    super, will do! I'm abroad second week of November so the 35 days should give me plenty of time to submit to POPLA.

I think you misunderstand. LPS have 35 days to respond to your initial appeal. With their response they will include a POPLA code. Sometimes it takes 35 days (sometimes longer), but it could equally come within a few days.

After you have your response and code, you have 28 days to appeal to POPLA.

Important.

If your PCN was a windscreen ticket, you should delay sending in your initial appeal until around day 25/26. It’s explained in post #1 of the sticky. So do not be hasty at this stage.

I am presuming you haven’t had anything through the post yet from LPS?

• Yes was a windscreen PCN, with being away 6-19th Nov I will send the initial appeal when I get back.

Nothing in the post too, only got the PCN last night - I have recently moved house so would be interesting if they do find my new details!
  • Umkomaas
    Forumite
    Nothing in the post too, only got the PCN last night - I have recently moved house so would be interesting if they do find my new details!
    Have you updated both your driver’s licence and your V5 (logbook) with the DVLA? Separate notification for each. Otherwise LPS will be communicating with your former address - not recommended.

Do you have a mail re-direct in place? If not, while this PCN is hanging over you, that needs to be done urgently.

• Yes to all above :)
  • Umkomaas
    Forumite
    Yes to all above :)

OK, that’s good, thanks.

You’re not really looking for LPS to be acquiring your data from the DVLA, then they won’t be able to invoke Keeper liability. As they can’t get your data until day 28, the purpose in making your initial appeal around day 25/26 (with your name and new full address) is to head them off from the DVLA and get them communicating with you directly.

The NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 explains the strategy in more detail.

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,607
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yes was a windscreen PCN, with being away 6-19th Nov I will send the initial appeal when I get back.
    No, because that will be too late.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure