Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • si_dean
    • By si_dean 18th Oct 17, 10:13 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 7Thanks
    si_dean
    Bw legal letter ..... LJLA
    • 18th Oct 17, 10:13 PM
    Bw legal letter ..... LJLA 18th Oct 17 at 10:13 PM
    Hi guys,

I've editted this post a little from my original one,
    As i didnt mention that this case was as a result of stopping (bery briefly)
    At Liverpool JOhn Lennon Airport!

To set the scene.....
    Car was stopped (for about 10 secs) in my car at Liverpool airport back in April of this year to pick g.f up. 3 letters from VCS (vehicle control services) were sent out (but to my previous 'parents house address" as i have moved house. After ignoring the 3 x letters in question from the VCS, they say its now been passed to BW Legal, and its been sent to my current address this time!

Now we are up to date, this is the stage we are at now.

As i ignored the 3 previous letters i thought that would be the lot, but now they have gotten my actual address from somewere (i don't know were and isn't this surely a breach of any consumer protection rules??).
    With this in mind, technically speaking as this letter from
    BW Legal is the first from them, i could argue this is the first corrispodancr ive had alltogether about the fine full stop? Would this work or would they twist this somehow?

I was initially thinking of ignoring this first letter from BW LEGAL, but looking at lots of threads about this & other similar scenarios, the advice is to NOT IGNORE, but with those, the circumstances can differ!

To summarise, The info on the BW Legal letter states the date on contravention is 02-04-17 and the balance is 100 pcn plus vehicle control services of 60 = total current balance of 160!

With the above info in mind, as this is the first lot of literature come to my current address, were do i stand with this.

To confirm, this is my first BW Legal letter "threatening"..... not saying its going to happen, but "threatining" me saying i "may" be liable for court fee's , further solicitors fees and CCJ's bla bla bla! The attached letter accompanying the BW legal letter is one from VCS, just confirming that as I have not made any arrangements to pay the previous amount(s) from them, this has been passed to BE LEGAL ..... and suprise suprise, my address now stated in the corner of their letter is my updated address were i love currently..... probably because BW Legal have now told threm of this.....
    Or it wouldnt suprise me if BW Legal have printed both letters off themselves and just dpcked the accompanying letter yo show VCS's watermark and updated my current address in there?

If i have a point to prove here (in ref to them sending previous corrispondance to my old parents house address) what do i need to do or say...... or what letter template should i use ..... or do i jist simply ignore as this was for simply stopping very briefly at liverpool airport to pick my g.f up??

If i do ignore which has been suggested by another member on this forum (thanks again for all your help by the way!) will i get more letters and eventually they will fade ?
    I just want to be certain nothing in the form of a nasty CCJ would appear on my credit file etc?

I have a feeling it wont but some reassurance from the pro's out there would be great
    Last edited by si_dean; 19-10-2017 at 3:12 PM.
Page 3
    • si_dean
    • By si_dean 12th Jan 18, 6:49 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    si_dean
    Hi guys,

Im going to type of my final draft in work this afternoon.

Before i do though, given the majority of my letter this time is stating how text on the signs are not suitable for the speed limit approaching them etc...... well within the letter from
    BW Legal on the lastet one they!!!8217;ve sent me with picture evidence etc, within their closing statement they have put:

!!!8220;Signage on the approach roads is reflective & postioned to face the oncoming motorists & has been approved by senior management at rhe IPC. Text size is relative to the average approach speed of an approaching vehcicle on those roads.

Its our clients position that is the lawful occupier of the site and enforces and manages the site terms in a reasonable manner. This is clearly displayed on the signage located on site. !!!8220;

Now is there anything i can comment / go back to them on (in ref to that bit above) or will this work in my favour anyway as part of my letter ive said the signs are not appropriate for the speed limit of the roads in that area etc. Just thought i would double check before printing it all off.

As always, your feedback is greatfully appreciated :0)
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 12th Jan 18, 8:32 AM
    • 2,748 Posts
    • 3,413 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    You can state that the IPC are not qualified to override the DfT requirements on road signs menat to be read by a moving vehicle. If they disagree with this, then I suggest they take it up with the DfT directly.
    • si_dean
    • By si_dean 12th Jan 18, 10:18 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    si_dean
    Fantastic!
    Thanks for that Nosferatu :0)
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Jan 18, 10:49 AM
    • 7,539 Posts
    • 10,033 Thanks
    beamerguy
    And to add

"been approved by senior management at the IPC"

If this was the case then they need to provide an onsite
    report by these senior managers, if it exists ?

After the joke of BWLegal claiming they would rely
    on Elliot v Loake and the courts knocking them
    off their perch, one must wonder if this will be their
    latest wheeze
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • si_dean
    • By si_dean 12th Mar 18, 9:08 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    si_dean
    Hi All,

So I've just received their latest letter through (I actually thought that would be it but ten part of me realises the letter tennis can go on for quite some time until they realise they are getting nothing from me).

So to bring you all up to date, from the help from people above and some other tips elsewhere, my last letter I sent to them addressed:

* the signs on the roads leading u pto the airport contain ten times the number of words that can be safely read

* The print / font on the signs are not safely readable for a driver with legal eyesight driving as the speed limit of the road.

* I also pointed out facts (as kindly outlined by #beamerguy above) - that if the signs have been approved by senior management at the IPC, then they need to provide an on-site report by these senior managers.

* Added to this factor, I also stated that IPC are not qualified to over ride the DFT requirements on road signs meant to be read by a moving vehicle.

* I then finished by stating 'with all this in mind, plus they still have no proof of any contract they have with the land owners, I robustly conclude that they've failed to show a cause of action for any claim in law. This concludes the matter and I expect to hear no further from then or any agent of theirs. Any other course of action will be prime facie harassment.

------------------------------------------------------

so in their latest letter they have sent me, it pretty much emphasises how much of joke this company are trying to mug people off.

It would seem they have not really bothered reading my last letter (or bothered to address any of points on the letter I sent them) ... probably because they have nothing to come back to me with !!!

When I actually opened up this latest letter of there's, I actually shook my head and laughed at the opening title and sub-heading!

Their latest letter says (Discount Offer) - without Prejudice.
    Immediately underneath this they have stated 'Despite previous reminders you have failed to make arrangements to pay your PCN or provide detailed grounds for disputing the PCN''..... yet ironically they know I have as they have responded each time to my letters they have sent ...... they really do dig themselves a whole when they say things like this"

In the letter, They are basically offering me a 40% discount if I pay within the next 3 weeks bla bla bla, with the subtle threat of county court proceedings and all the usual tosh they come out with!

They have not even addressed any of my points from my last letter (and yes I keep a copy and proof of postage receipt for everything I've sent them for peace of mind).

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Can you lovely people advise how I am best going back to them now in my next letter.
    As always, any helpful hints & tips will be gratefully appreciated. :0)

----------------------------------------
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Mar 18, 9:13 AM
    • 35,869 Posts
    • 20,109 Thanks
    Quentin

Can you lovely people advise how I am best going back to them now in my next letter.
    As always, any helpful hints & tips will be gratefully appreciated. :0)

----------------------------------------
    Originally posted by si_dean
    #6 tells you what to do!!

Just ignore it. Come back only if you get a letter headed :Letter Before County Court Claim!!! (or very similar). No need to keep coming back every time you get a begging debt collector letter......
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    • si_dean
    • By si_dean 12th Mar 18, 9:26 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    si_dean
    the thing is though, I have had those letters with that titled on it, and I Subsequently responded to them.

So with that in mind, I take it with this latest letter from them with a (reduced offer), given that's all that is mentioned then I simply ignore this one too?

Furthermore, As I already received the 'letter before action' etc, what letters do I need to respond too moving forward. I just want to be clear on which ones I need to response to and which ones I can merely ignore?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Mar 18, 9:28 AM
    • 35,869 Posts
    • 20,109 Thanks
    Quentin

Furthermore, As I already received the 'letter before action' etc, what letters do I need to respond too moving forward. I just want to be clear on which ones I need to response to and which ones I can merely ignore?
    Originally posted by si_dean
    Again.

Answered in #6!!

You look to have already sent a rebuttal to your lbcca?
    • si_dean
    • By si_dean 12th Mar 18, 4:11 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    si_dean
    Yes, as already stated i sent a response to their initial letter before claim, so in that case i shall ignore this one
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

443Posts Today

4,834Users online

Martin's Twitter