Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lonelyrat
    • By lonelyrat 18th Oct 17, 7:48 PM
    • 472Posts
    • 1,214Thanks
    lonelyrat
    LonelyRat's (not so lonely) Road to Riches
    • 18th Oct 17, 7:48 PM
    LonelyRat's (not so lonely) Road to Riches 18th Oct 17 at 7:48 PM
    Hello everyone I have been posting for a few months now over on the general Debt Free Wannabe board but have decided what I'm wanting to do seems more like a Debt Free Diary, so here I am!

I started trying to tackle my situation in June with around 7,500 of debt and no clue what to do about it. I made a basic, confused, sort of plan to tackle it and got cracking... I managed to make a tiny dent but wasn't doing particularly much and still felt completely overwhelmed. One night, after a few (read: many) wines, a desperate internet search for "help, debt" brought me here. I began reading through other people's threads and started to get a better idea of what I should be doing (hello snowballing - how had I not heard of you?!). In August I got the balls together to post my first thread. I got some good advice, began to feel more motivated and focused and, above all, started to feel like there was light at the end of the tunnel

There are a number of reasons why I want to start this diary. Most importantly I feel like it will help me be more accountable for my actions. I've made a series of poor decisions which have led me to the money mess I'm in now. I need to unlearn bad habits and by writing everything down and checking in a few times a week I'm hoping to start reprogramming myself.

Some general info about me and my life:
    I have just turned 27 *shudder* and am partnered up with OH. We have been together a few years and live together with his parents in Bonny Scotland. A few months ago as we used to rent a flat together but really couldn't afford it so we've moved in with his parents to reduce outgoings and get this debt busted with the ultimate aim of saving towards a deposit (something that seemed completely unattainable even just a few months ago). I work in a dead end customer service role at a bank and he is a student who is currently in his last year of study (hallelujah)!

Hobbies for me include drinking wine, but I am attempting to cut this down and have gone sober for October. Hopefully I can carry it on indefinitely!

I got paid yesterday so money has been allocated to where it needs to go and here are my most up to date balances:

Current Debt / Debt at first DFW post

Overdraft 1 950 / 1950
    Overdraft 2 83 / 450
    Loan 472.29 / 770
    Santander CC 2744.45 / 2770.90
    Very BNPL 263.98 / 288.98
    Capital One (1) 0 / 404.25
    Capital One (2) 0 / 179
    Barclaycard 0 / 390

Total Debt 4513.72 / 7203.13

If anyone is interested in my short journey so far it can be found here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5690629#topofpage
    Last edited by lonelyrat; 01-05-2018 at 9:19 AM. Reason: Edited to make less lengthy
    Total Debt : 1723.49 / 7266.93
    Weight Loss: 19.2 / 45kg
Page 22
    • Lucifa73
    • By Lucifa73 7th Sep 18, 10:58 AM
    • 7,467 Posts
    • 9,697 Thanks
    Lucifa73
    So sorry to hear you are struggling. Get to your GP and get signed off work. And PLEASE let me know if there is anything I can do while you get back on your feet. The debt/weight are pressures you need to let go of for now too. Right now YOU are your number one priority. Getting back to walking may help lift things a bit maybe but don't put pressure on yourself or put yourself down if you don't do it.

OH loves you and will be hurting for you honey - I know Hubbles really struggled when I had PND because he could offer no practical help and felt helpless. (Generally) men like to fix things and feel frustrated when they can't.
    Tesco CC 020718: 3502.86/240918: 3172.14 9.44%
    Surveys cashed 14.84/cleared 21.45/pending 0.90... (plus 600 YouGov points...)
    50ps challenge:19.00 5ps challenge: 4.10

• doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 7th Sep 18, 12:06 PM
    • 3,518 Posts
    • 19,450 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    Lucifa73 has said it all really. Good advice.
    The only thing I can add is how good it is it to see you back and know you are being taken care of.
    Small steps and you will get there. ((hugs))
    Emergency fund 1060/1000
    NSD November 5/30
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 7th Sep 18, 6:06 PM
    • 1,677 Posts
    • 16,094 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Aw. Lonely Rat, I am so sorry you're feeling like this.

A few years ago my DS. same age. was going through the same thing. I have no idea what caused him to feel this way but he has got over it. Took a while but he's come out the other side. We had a wonderful, understanding GP which helped enormously. He self referred himself to a group who helped him greatly. It honestly was the turning point when he realised he couldn't go on the way he was. The support from people who didn't know anything about him or judge him was a great help. Maybe it could help you too? xxx
    • lonelyrat
    • By lonelyrat 11th Sep 18, 8:27 PM
    • 472 Posts
    • 1,214 Thanks
    lonelyrat
    Thank you everyone for being so nice, I really appreciate it I'm just trying to take everything one day at a time and see how I get on. I cancelled my GP appointment (well, got OH to cancel for me) because I thought I was feeling OK-ish but I think I was maybe just feeling to nervy to go through with going.

Am going to be brave and call tomorrow as I do definitely think I need to go. I cried twice in work today and didn't even make it to the bathroom to do it in private. I had a really nice lady on the phone who had got into some issues gambling and I just wanted to help her so much, but was so limited in what I could actually do. I felt helpless and I just hurt for her. She hadn't slept last night because she was so worried and she was just so brave in calling. I managed to help her but it felt like a plaster over a gaping wound and I just wish I could have done more. Another gentleman was calling as his wife had passed away, they'd been married for 60 years and the way he was talking about her was so lovely. I hurt for him too... I imagined him at home without his wife and just couldn't stop crying. It was embarrassing and the girl sitting next to me looked at me like I had two heads. I'm clearly not emotionally stable enough to be allowed to talk to people

Silver Queen thank you, I obviously don't want you to be in a marshmallow too BUT at least we can be marshmallow pals together. I would like to give CBT a go, I just haven't got round to it. Anything that involves phoning anyone takes me a long time to get round to. I really will try and get it sorted though as I'm sure there are things I probably do need to talk through.

Thanks BelleOfBilboa The to do list took 2 days rather than one, but I did manage it. I phoned the insurance (a phone call - go me!) and they said I need proof of ownership so am currently awaiting that from my phone provider. Am glad I got the ball rolling with it as I have no idea how long everything takes. I am quite enjoying not having a phone though... I feel very free not checking emails or instagram every 20 minutes. Am still walking less than I would like but am determined to go out and get my 10,000 tomorrow.

Lucifa don't worry I will let you know if I need anything! Thank you for being so lovely I definitely am going to relax on the budget a little and try not to stress about my weight. It's hard to let go of things I've been fixating on for a while but I do think I don't have space now for everything. Am still a bit unsure where I stand debt wise as I must admit I've been doing the old "head in the sand" trick but I plan on only paying about 100 to the virgin card on payday and keeping the rest of my wage back.

I think in hindsight it would have been far better if I had just lowered the payments I was making to both OH and my debt while he's not working. Because I'm only part time it really wasn't realistic to expect we could smash our debt and still get by. Maybe for a month or two, but it's been since June now and I think all the stress of managing it had got too much.

I think you're right about OH perhaps feeling frustrated he couldn't help and "fix" me. I know he loves me and it can't be easy seeing someone you love in the state I was in. He has been looking after me, I've been lucky and had quite a lot of hair stroking while falling asleep. Can't ask for much more than that!

doingitanyway it's good to see you, seeing me, being back (that might be the cringey-ist thing I've said/ typed in a while, you're welcome!) Thank you very much for checking in. I plan on spending tonight and tomorrow snooping around diaries and am very much looking forward to seeing how you are getting on with your various frogs.

Toni'sfriend thanks for sharing about you're DS. I actually really like the idea of a group... On the one hand it fills me with dread/ anxiety but on the other hand it seems like it would be really lovely. It's something I think I'll consider. Will re-evaluate everything after I've put my big girl shoes on and gone to the GP again.

So, a new to do list. Will see if I can manage this all tomorrow... Keep your fingers crossed for me!

1. Phone GP
    2. Check bank accounts/ credit cards
    3. Shower
    4. 10,000 steps (I want to do this myself, not with OH... I want to try and remember that I enjoy it )
    5. Catch up on the past few weeks of diaries
    6. Laundry

Will be trying to be in bed for 10.30 tonight as well. My sleep pattern has gone all wonky, which makes me feel a bit crummy. Will endeavour to fix this asap.

Thank you again everyone for being so lovely... My diary is well and truly not very MSE anymore, but thank you for sticking with me! Hopefully I will be on the straight and narrow again soon
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 12th Sep 18, 9:35 AM
    • 1,677 Posts
    • 16,094 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Lonelyrat - You live in Scotland? I could PM you with the name of the group. They have a very good webiste which gives details of what they do,
    • lonelyrat
    • By lonelyrat 12th Sep 18, 9:55 AM
    • 472 Posts
    • 1,214 Thanks
    lonelyrat
    Toni'sfriend that would be great, if you dont mind! It is something I'd like to explore.

So far today is not shaping up to be everything I had hoped it would. Been 55 minutes trying to get through to the GP. The only way you can book an appointment is if you call and speak to a doctor between 9-11 and 2.30-4. I keep getting an automated message saying the lines are busy then it cuts you off. There was a message saying for a review appointment to press a different option so I did that, but then the lady I spoke to said I needed to call back using the other option. I said that it kept cutting me off and she said it was so you don't have to wait in a queue. But I feel like being in a queue is far better than being hung up on.

I feel defeated and haven't even had my breakfast yet

Will just keep trying and if I can't get through before 11 will try and get to motivation to go on my walk.
    • Silver Queen
    • By Silver Queen 12th Sep 18, 1:53 PM
    • 487 Posts
    • 2,229 Thanks
    Silver Queen
    One day at a time! It will all be OK in the end. Just focus on one thing at a time, one day at a time and soon you'll look up and realise that the mountain has been conquered
    Debt Totals November 2018::
    350 Natwest Credit Card / Now 0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) 15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now 8,750 500 train ticket loan from parents / Now 0 (paid off 16/02/18) 2,000 Overdraft Now 0 (paid off 09/03/18)
    • lonelyrat
    • By lonelyrat 12th Sep 18, 9:20 PM
    • 472 Posts
    • 1,214 Thanks
    lonelyrat
    Thank you Silver Queen... Wise as always! You are very right, I made it through the day just one bit at a time and I feel OK

1. Phone GP
    Felt like such a disaster in the morning... Called every 2 minutes from 9.00 - 11.00 and never even got in the queue. Called back when they re-oppened at 2.30 and did eventually get through. I really don't mind waiting, I know how busy and under pressure the surgery is, it's just the fact I couldn't even get in the queue to speak to someone.

I just felt so useless. I felt sort of like, how can I ever get better if I can't even phone the doctor? OH did help when I was a bit teary about it all as he said that no one could get through, not just me. So it put it in a bit of perspective I guess... Gave me the courage to try again in the afternoon anyway, as I had just been going to call it quits.

Anyway, I have an appointment tomorrow with a new doctor as mine is away this week. Maybe I will have more success tomorrow than at my previous visits. I can feel my stomach churning at the thought of it, but I will be brave.

2. Check bank accounts/ credit cards
    Nope. Will do this on Friday as am off then.

3. Shower
    Kind of? Tried but the shower won't turn on. Ended up turning on the hot water and OH washed my hair for me in the bathroom sink. Not quite what was planned but was nice being looked after and I am squeaky clean now thankfully. My hair was pushing it a bit

4. 10,000 steps
    Just over 6,000. Because my phone is broken I have no music so it's hard to switch off in the same way. Took the dog though and she had fun. Will work up to the ten thousand and maybe see if I can borrow OH's phone.

5. Catch up on the past few weeks of diaries
    Sort of done. Skimmed a few but not caught up on everything yet. Will try and have more of a nosey tomorrow.

6. Laundry
    Three loads. Washed, dried and OH put everything away. He also hoovered and changed the bed which always makes me feel nice.

Am going to get in bed now and read a few chapters of my book. One thing I bought when I was spending silly money was a new Kindle. I was going to return it but I've actually got a lot of use out of it. I love reading and had really let it take a back seat. Since getting this new one (it's backlit! ) I've read 5 books and am feeling like my brain isn't as much mush as it was. Have decided I will be keeping it.

I have a meeting with my manager tomorrow. I think it's just a monthly catch up but I'm not sure. I'm a bit nervous about it for some reason... I feel like the last few weeks my performance has not been great and am worried I will get pulled up for it. Wish me luck!
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 13th Sep 18, 9:35 AM
    • 1,677 Posts
    • 16,094 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Hope your appointment goes well. xxx
    • SSDD23
    • By SSDD23 13th Sep 18, 9:45 AM
    • 397 Posts
    • 878 Thanks
    SSDD23
    Good luck for your appointment xx
    Money made in November: 17.67/100.00 // October NSDs: 1/15 SPC #029
    Total Debt: 4,852.52 Total Repaid: 1963.88 Total Savings: 0.00 (Physical Savings) 73.32 (XMAS19 Savings)
    • doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 13th Sep 18, 10:08 AM
    • 3,518 Posts
    • 19,450 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    I hope the GP appointment goes well too.

Having targets sounds like a good idea and it looks like you are doing fab.

OH washing your hair is lovely

Have a little treat for facing the GP. A reward for attending the appointment.
    Emergency fund 1060/1000
    NSD November 5/30
    • lonelyrat
    • By lonelyrat 13th Sep 18, 9:44 PM
    • 472 Posts
    • 1,214 Thanks
    lonelyrat
    Thank you guys It actually went a lot better than I expected I felt sick beforehand as I was so nervy, but it was OK in the end. New doctor was lovely, she was quite understanding and made me feel more comfortable than I have done before. She didn't immediately want to talk medication which was good. I mentioned that I was finding it frustrating as I couldn't identify the root cause of why I'm in such a muddle at the moment and then she talked me through a technique to try and identify it. But also told me to not worry, as there may be no cause.

She did decide to up my medication so am now maxed out on what I'm on. She said not to worry about that though as we may reduce it again, or change to something different, depending on how I get on. I've got to go back in 4 weeks and discuss how I'm feeling on the new dose. But if it doesn't agree with me I can go back before then.

Had the meeting with my TL. I was worrying about nothing (as usual). It was just a normal catch up - so it was actually fine. Turns out I do get a bonus this month, despite the disciplinary, so quite chuffed about that. It's 150, so not great, but it's 150 I didn't know I was getting Will aim to pay it to the debt but we shall see. I don't want to put too much pressure on right now. Debt is still all interest free and will be until 2020, so I can take a month while I get back on track.

Emailed phone insurance with my proof of purchase/ ownership for my phone so am hoping I will be getting it fixed. Never claimed on phone insurance before so unsure how it all works. My only other experience with insurance is the Copenhagen kafuffle (still ongoing ).

Tomorrow there is no to do list. The only thing I really need to do is sort out where I stand with the finances. I will definitely be sitting down and totting up the damage. Needs to be done, but I'm not looking forward to it. Oh also, doingitanyway, I will be having a treat tomorrow for my good behaviour re: visiting GP. OH has said we can go do a hill walk somewhere am very much looking forward to it. Will be nice to get out and about somewhere different. Feeling decidedly un-fit so ideally this gets me back into walking.

Quite a positive post this evening - here's hoping there's more positivity on the way
    • lonelyrat
    • By lonelyrat 14th Sep 18, 9:17 AM
    • 472 Posts
    • 1,214 Thanks
    lonelyrat
    Ok, so have sorted where I am financially. It's not great, but not the end of the world. Debt is up by 1093.49 It's made up of a number of silly things. I lost the plot it seems. There are some returns that I can do, so that's something

No point getting too upset about it. It is salvageable.... Plan for this month is 50/ 100 to the debt depending on how I stand. Am going to do something EssexHebredian suggested on my old thread which was to do a new SOA (will base this on the last three months so covers good months and the last month, which was decidedly bad ) then use the remainder as spends/ debt repayments
    BUT don't pay anything over and above the minimums until the end of the month this month while you make sure the new budget works. Once payday arrives again, pay everything left in the account from the previous month to the first debt to be targeted - and revise the budget as needed if you over or under allowed on any category.
    I think this will help me get back in the swing of things and hopefully take the stress/ pressure off until I feel a bit more stable. Am hoping to find more of a balance going forward... Before I was keep to just rush through it and get debt free ASAP but this time I will try a more slow and steady approach.

Anyway, that's finances done for now. Am currently waiting till half 9 when I'm allowed to wake up OH and get going on our adventure
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 14th Sep 18, 9:19 AM
    • 1,677 Posts
    • 16,094 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    I'm so pleased everything went well.
    • doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 15th Sep 18, 7:27 PM
    • 3,518 Posts
    • 19,450 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    Well done for facing up to the finances and getting back on track. Don't beat yourself up just put it behind you and keep going.

I hope you enjoyed your walk in the hills
    Emergency fund 1060/1000
    NSD November 5/30
    • lonelyrat
    • By lonelyrat 16th Sep 18, 11:47 AM
    • 472 Posts
    • 1,214 Thanks
    lonelyrat
    Thank you Toni'sfriend and doingitanyway

Off work and going to have a 'nothing' day. Will potentially borrow OH's phone and go a walk but it is quite grim and dark here. Constant smir and don't really feel like getting wet and cold... We shall see

Will be an NSD as all I have planned (other than maybe going a walk) is watching iplayer and having a shower. Started a new show last night called Killing Eve, it has good reviews and stars Sandra Oh (grey's fans will be happy haha!) Also finished a book yesterday so shall hunt about for a new one to read. Payday tomorrow so that's potentially lifting my mood.

Adventure didn't end up happening, but that's OK as it's my birthday at the end of the month and there is an adventure planned for then... I'm pretty sure it's camping but don't know where! Am feeling excited about that, although the control freak in me is a bit stressed at not being in on the plans.
    I have time booked off for my birthday (10 days off an unnecessary amount of time, so I may recall a few) and there's only 6 more shifts to go until I'm off. It's all that's been keeping me going is knowing I've got time off soon

Have a lovely, relaxing (hopefully) Sunday everyone
    • redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 16th Sep 18, 8:28 PM
    • 2,003 Posts
    • 12,406 Thanks
    redofromstart
    Sorry to read about your challenges, I find walking really helps me. Sometimes putting one foot in front of the other is as much as you can do, but at least you are doing something other than giving in - thats what I tell myself anyway.

I have a backlit kindle, love it. Would live on beans to replace it. Keep an eye out for the kindle unlimited offers.
    • Lucifa73
    • By Lucifa73 17th Sep 18, 1:21 PM
    • 7,467 Posts
    • 9,697 Thanks
    Lucifa73
    Lovely to hear the positives in your posts! I think slow and steady makes sense, at least until both of you are earning!

I think a group is a great idea. I attended one when I had PND after having NJ and it was great to know I wasn't the only one feeling like that. Getting to the first one was a bit of a gut-churner though! Maybe get OH to walk you to the venue and meet you after?

Massive hugs. Luc x
    Tesco CC 020718: 3502.86/240918: 3172.14 9.44%
    Surveys cashed 14.84/cleared 21.45/pending 0.90... (plus 600 YouGov points...)
    50ps challenge:19.00 5ps challenge: 4.10

• doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 17th Sep 18, 9:22 PM
    • 3,518 Posts
    • 19,450 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    I can see things are improving for you little by little.

It's great that you have booked off time for your birthday too
    Emergency fund 1060/1000
    NSD November 5/30
    • lonelyrat
    • By lonelyrat 22nd Sep 18, 7:29 PM
    • 472 Posts
    • 1,214 Thanks
    lonelyrat
    Redofromstart walking really does help, am just finding it really hard to get into for some reason - potentially as the weather's changed and it's quite grim here a lot.
    Sometimes putting one foot in front of the other is as much as you can do
    That's so true... A couple of weeks ago I couldn't even manage that. I am feeling miles better. Don't know if it was the meds being at the wrong dose or if I was just going through a really low time for some reason, but I feel well and truly on the way back to being a more cheery version of me now. The backlit kindle is a game-changer! Although my bedtime has gotten more erratic as I can't stop reading at night

Thanks Lucifa73 I've whiffed on calling anywhere ... I do really want to get myself organised with something.... Am just working up to it (slowly, as usual). I think it would help so much, I'm just v. nervy. OH would walk me if I asked, it's just a case of me getting brave enough to get something sorted.

Doingitanyway - Little by little!

This past week has been a bit up and down...

At my work there is a team who work on simplifying processes to make things better/ more streamlined for colleagues (and hopefully, by extension for customers). They were looking for a volunteer ... No extra money/ change to the job I currently do other than I need to put in some work at home. But I thought it would do me good to help with the stagnation I feel and to try and push myself out of my comfort zone. The colleague who runs it got back to me and said she was happy for me to be part of it so I was really excited!

Buuuuut the next day one of our Team Leaders pulled me off the phones and said that I'm not going to be able to do it and she mentioned my disciplinary warning and the fact that it means I'm not even supposed to apply for anything like that. I hadn't realised because it doesn't involve a change of role/ pay and doesn't seem to be anywhere in our policies... Initially I was really embarrassed and felt stupid for thinking that I could get involved but now I'm a bit frustrated.

There's no real benefit for me to do it, other than to make me feel a little less that my brain is turning to mush. Last review period I was rated as 'nearly successful' due to the disciplinary warning - which is totally fine and I knew it would affect applying for other jobs in the business/references for external jobs. It's just demoralising because I'm actively trying to be more successful and helpful to the business by offering to do more work and I've been knocked back, due to being so terribly unsuccessful. It's like they've got me in a loop of failure

It also made me feel uncomfortable because it wasn't a manager who was involved in the disciplinary process and I thought it was meant to be confidential. I think maybe I got the wrong end of the stick though and it's just me that needs to keep it confidential from my peers, not the TL's. Still made me feel a bit crummy that all the managers have probably had a number of chats about me.

All in all it's been a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions but I've decided it's a good thing. I was starting to sink into the job again and had forgotten my motivation for wanting to get out. This has kind of re-energised me to want to find something else to do. Just a few more months to go... If I keep my head down I will be fine.

ANYWAY... that's my whining over. In summary it isn't the end of the world Better things will be coming.

Hopefully we will still be moving down south at the beginning of next year. It could be hard to organise though and may be put on the back burner as OH still doesn't have a job and I'm nervy about moving with no money. Doesn't seem responsible or really feasible to be honest. My wage is ok to cover us for now but I don't have enough to make any real savings and really do feel for us to move forward he needs to get something. I'm worried as well as during the summer it was OK as he could say to prospective employers that he had decided to take the summer off after University. But now it's getting to the point that he's just 'unemployed'.

He really doesn't want a desk job but he's been applying for weird jobs. He just got knocked back from a potato processing plant... But he's never worked in a factory before and has a uni degree, so it kind of makes sense that he isn't their first pick?! I really wish he would stop being so picky but I'm feeling less stressed about it than I was which is good. Keep your fingers crossed he is employed soon and we can actually plan to move forward. There's quite a lot of jobs in the town we'd move to and i'm confident I could get something... Just need to get his confidence up.

I've been doing some overtime at work this week and have some scheduled for next week. Just a few hours after my shift but it's better than nothing. Might make an extra 30ish next month which would be good Only two more shifts to go until my time off so am quite happy

Got an email from the phone insurance approving my claim so called them back yesterday and they emailed me a postage label to send my damaged phone off. Should have a shiny new one in about 3 working days Phone call to the insurance went really well, which is a first! I made it through the conversation without stuttering or getting stressed and I wasn't nervy beforehand. I was very proud I do need a few days to recover before I attempt any more calls.. But I managed it all the same.

Payday has come and gone and have made a payment of 123.49 to the Virgin card - so new debt total is 1600. Also paid just over minimums to OH's cards and have money sitting in my direct debit account. Have a solid chunk available for spending this month and have already been tracking spends.

Have the day off tomorrow and will be heading into town to return some impulse purchases from Primark. Should get 23.50 back. I only went in for tights and socks and ended up buying a duvet cover, hangers and smart boots for work?! Don't know what happened there. Anyway, they will be returned I now have tights and socks and have no reason other than the return to set foot into any clothing store this month. Tomorrow OH will be coming with me to keep an eye on me and make sure I don't make any other purchases

We are just about to crack on with the extended version of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. My favourite films I have popcorn and a big bottle of diet coke as a treat (times have changed.... 5 months ago i would already be a few glasses of wine in by now!)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

302Posts Today

4,080Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thank you to the team at the Westen eye hospital a&e. I scratched my eye ball in my sleep, then woke up with pain.? https://t.co/VJMwQfsRxv

• I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Follow Martin