Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lola Pampola
    • By Lola Pampola 15th Oct 17, 11:42 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Lola Pampola
    Beloved JLA VCS invoice
    • 15th Oct 17, 11:42 PM
    Beloved JLA VCS invoice 15th Oct 17 at 11:42 PM
    Hello everybody!

In July a friend was picking up her BF from airport and it was almost 10pm so it was dusk...not quite good visibility. Aparently she parked on double red lines (although without realising) for not longer then 2 min, time for him to jump in. She never received a first letter from VCS, straight to the one from BW legal threatening County Court Claims.

She was thinking to paying a decent fee, but 160 pounds its straight outrageous. I know that there is a never ending line on this subject, though they where not quite recent so i said I try a new thread.

She is consider arguing that I she didnt get the first letter and considers paying the first fine, but no chance the second, increased one.

Option number two, ignore it all together?

Would you please advise her on option 1? What are the chances an argument like that can stand a chance? Does it worth giving it a shot?

Thanks a million all you very intelligent and generous (with your time) people!
    Last edited by Lola Pampola; 16-10-2017 at 9:00 AM. Reason: protecting personal identity
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 15th Oct 17, 11:45 PM
    • 8,707 Posts
    • 8,621 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 15th Oct 17, 11:45 PM
    • 15th Oct 17, 11:45 PM
    Lola Pampola, welcome.

The first thing you need to do is edit your post to avoid identifying the driver.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 16th Oct 17, 12:03 AM
    • 18,900 Posts
    • 23,885 Thanks
    Redx
    • 16th Oct 17, 12:03 AM
    • 16th Oct 17, 12:03 AM
    edit post #1 and then ignore anything except an LBC or an MCOL

they have 6 years to issue an MCOL
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • abedegno
    • By abedegno 16th Oct 17, 8:25 AM
    • 95 Posts
    • 142 Thanks
    abedegno
    • 16th Oct 17, 8:25 AM
    • 16th Oct 17, 8:25 AM
    There are bylaws in place at JLA, VCS cannot persue you.
    Last edited by abedegno; 16-10-2017 at 10:32 AM.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 16th Oct 17, 8:48 AM
    • 18,955 Posts
    • 29,829 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 16th Oct 17, 8:48 AM
    • 16th Oct 17, 8:48 AM
    There is nothing VCS will accept only a cheque for the full amount. No one (ever) has been told they must pay a LJLA parking charge by a court, because VCS daren't go near one as they risk their Airport cash cow (most people are intimidated by their letters into paying up, but you’re one of the canny ones to come here for advice).

No point in your friend trying to offer up any argument about not receiving the initial NtK, it won’t wash. Why pay anything, when ignoring means she pays nothing?

So she should just stay in ignore mode, steel herself for a few threatening letters, come back if she is the very first person - ever - to receive court papers for LJLA.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 16-10-2017 at 9:55 AM. Reason: After OP edit
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Lola Pampola
    • By Lola Pampola 16th Oct 17, 8:54 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Lola Pampola
    • 16th Oct 17, 8:54 AM
    • 16th Oct 17, 8:54 AM
    So at this point this parking invoice wont show in any of my friends records? like credit check or anything like that?
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 16th Oct 17, 9:08 AM
    • 3,128 Posts
    • 4,793 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 16th Oct 17, 9:08 AM
    • 16th Oct 17, 9:08 AM
    So at this point this parking invoice wont show in any of my friends records? like credit check or anything like that?
    Originally posted by Lola Pampola
    No it will not, stop overthinking this.
    The two posts above yours explain all you need to know.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 16th Oct 17, 9:12 AM
    • 8,169 Posts
    • 10,698 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 16th Oct 17, 9:12 AM
    • 16th Oct 17, 9:12 AM
    Originally posted by Lola Pampola
    100% NOT

Only court action and your friend lost would spark that off

Do what Umkomaas says
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Lola Pampola
    • By Lola Pampola 16th Oct 17, 12:18 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Lola Pampola
    • 16th Oct 17, 12:18 PM
    • 16th Oct 17, 12:18 PM
    AI sir! Yes Sir!
    • Lola Pampola
    • By Lola Pampola 12th Apr 18, 9:16 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Lola Pampola
    Hey hey everybody! My friend remembered that if she changes address she should let bw legal know? I was trying to help her out with that and find out what is the right way to do that? Should she write a letter to them, informing them like that? Could I have some advise please?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Apr 18, 9:18 PM
    • 18,900 Posts
    • 23,885 Thanks
    Redx
    yes, is the simple answer

quote the pcn ref , and BW LEGAL reference , her old address and new address for service of papers

get a free certificate of posting from the PO Counter and pin it to a copy of the letter and she keeps it in her file
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,268Posts Today

8,012Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin