Bank Account for a Will Trust

I am a trustee for my father's will trust and I am looking for a current account to store some surplus funds of the trust to cover tax and any legal bills going forwards. It is not a large sum of money (<£20,000).
We are currently using a business account with HSBC and they have started charging a monthly fee for the account despite the activity on the account is negligible. I was told by HSBC when I queried the charge that I was started on a free banking deal for 18 months but this offer lapsed - but this was not made clear to me when the account was opened. They told me I should of opened a community / society account at instead of a business account but that again was not the advice I was given at the time. They could not guarantee that they would open a will trust account as a community account now.
I have started to look around for another account that does not charge but finding it difficult because one of the trustees / beneficiaries lives in New Zealand. Lloyds were happy to open an account as a community / society but backed out as soon as they discovered that all the trustees and beneficiaries are not UK based.
Does anyone know of a bank that is a bit more friendly to will trusts and open an account for me with a foreign resident as one of the beneficiaries / trustees. :huh::huh::huh:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport