PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 12th October 2017

Comments

• CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,757 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good morning all. Just waiting on the pet food delivery this morning then it'll be a trip to the hospital to get the dressing on my leg changed. I'm going every second day just now but it would be good if today's dressing could hold out a bit longer so I don't have to go on Saturday when there isn't a dedicated dressing nurse. As usual I'll be taking my knitting with me.

Afterwards I've offered to look for some teabags that my friend wants as they had them in Asda for £1 yesterday, then it will be home to bake some brownies for the House Troll. I finally managed to do Sundays ironing last night and if I have time I could do with pushing the lawn mower round the back garden again.

Elona I can't really sit and rest my leg. It's looking like it's going to be fairly long term and there's me, me or me to do most of the bigger stuff. I try and sit with my foot up of an evening which will have to do for now.

Nelski Your book club nights seem most enjoyable :)

tru one of my best friends bought me a small treasure chest for Christmas the year before last. It had half a bottle of gin and some chocolate in it - he knows me well :rotfl: It's actually a lovely reusable box that came from Amazon if the one from the works isn't sturdy enough.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Good Morning chums and up with the birds this morning as the new Aldi's was opening at 8.00 :) Yes I am that sad :):):) but did my first big shop of the month there and was very pleased with my haul and spent just a tad over £26 which has stocked me up with a few bits and things I was running out of .Beautiful shop and they have done it so well it was packed first thing and everyone seemed pleased with the result.
    Just waiting for my gardener Mick to arrive and plant some bulbs and mow the lawn for me .He is such a nice chap and keeps the garden looking really nice its my treat to myself as I can no longer manage the bending or mowing anymore. The DGS are good and would do it if I asked but I am quite happy to pay him £12 a fortnight which to me is cash well spent (I do give him a cuppa and some HM cake as well :):))
    The sun has just come out and the forecast is good so I will get my washing out on the line to give it a good blow today.Beds all stripped and remade so thats another job done .I'm on a roll this morning and its only 9.25 :):) Have a good day chums

JackieO xx
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs))))))))) if you need one.

This late getting up is becoming a habit, it was after 9am again this morning. I am going to set the alarm tonight, half the morning is gone before I get my feet on the floor.

Had a good sewing afternoon yesterday, the last pot holder and one of the Christmas tree wall hangings, I just have the binding to put on the wall hanging. The bits are cut out for another one. Once thats done I will have everything out and check through. I might make a couple more tissue holders, they are ok for £1 and they use up scraps. I was horrified at the strip box, its full, no idea what I am going to do with it all. The Christmas strip box is almost as bad!! No more fabric buying for me.

The laundry is on the line. OH is going to carry on doing the shed, he was not happy yesterday, it was supposed to rain and didn't.

Supper tonight fritatta with tomato and celery salad and a jacket spud, the cold days are coming its time for comfort food. I have some cubed bits of ham for the fritatta.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all,

I've come out for breakfast. My kitchen is a no go area and the noise from the tile cutter is going through me.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all,

Dgs was taken to nursery school a bit reluctantly but cheered up in the car when I started singing silly songs to him.When we woke up and looked out we saw that someone had stolen half of next doors path:mad: Had a look back on our cctv and it was 10 to 12 last night.They had a walk up our neighbours on the other side first too.Didnt bother with ours but we have a gate on.Our 'guard dog' never made a sound,neither did theirs.She usually barks at any unusual sounds in the night.They were there over 10 minutes helping themselves :mad:

I got DS to drop me at As da on the way back from nursery.I have been going to Ald! but needed some things I couldnt get there.It meant I spent £30 more than I have been doing but our meat supplies were running very low with me using up from the freezer while DH hasnt had much work.They have gone off to do a job today ,and I think they have something lined up for next week.It feels bliss to have the house to myself :D
    The good side of them being at home has meant the work in the cellar is almost finished apart from some cupboards either side of the chimney breast.He'll get the wood for that when he gets paid off this job.I'm thrilled at how it looks as it hadnt been touched since we were flooded nearly 2 years ago.We probably wouldnt have done as much to it without all the road and drainage repairs but as they have now blocked off the offending culvert ,hopefully we shouldn't have any problems.

My cousin is coming this afternoon,she has been sewing something and has got stuck so wants my opinion,so that'll be nice-haven't seen her for 3 weeks or so. Also had a nice lunch out with my ex Sis-i-L and friend yesterday,just a sandwich and coffee at an Italian deli quite near to us.

Anyway hope everyone has a good day and hugs if you're not feeling great.
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I don't have enough laundry to put the machine on but it is a good drying day. I made a lamb and veg stew which I will have for lunch and put some in a lidded container in the fridge for later.

While I was volunteering at the library a case of wine was delivered and left with a neighbour (family birthday next week) so popped over to collect it but no answer so will try later.

My new super king duvet arrived yesterday and is now on my bed. It seemed lighter in weight but not in warmth as the old one dragged off the bed and was a nuisance.

DDs boyfriend bought me a proof read copy of a thriller signed by the author and I have just started reading and am enjoying it. The author is Paul Finch and he used to be in the police.

Cleaner is coming round soon to give me a hand so I will tidy downstairs and sort out clean laundry etc and load dishwasher.

Cranky

I had not realised the treatment would need to be more long term and had hoped for your sake that a couple of weeks would sort it out.
    Fingers and toes crossed for you.

Hugs to all.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • System
    When we woke up and looked out we saw that someone had stolen half of next doors path Had a look back on our cctv and it was 10 to 12 last night.They had a walk up our neighbours on the other side first too.Didnt bother with ours but we have a gate on.Our 'guard dog' never made a sound,neither did theirs.She usually barks at any unusual sounds in the night.They were there over 10 minutes helping themselves

What a blasted cheek!

I'm in Youngests bad books. He wants to paint the walls in his bedroom gunmetal and navy.... Ive told him he can paint them whatever colour he wishes as long as he paints the walls back to a more neutral colour when he moves out. Gunmetal and navy? It will be like a permanent night in there.
    "but its my bedroom" he said
    "yes but its in our house and do you think board of £25 a week gives you the right to do what you want to it and leave us to put it back to what we class as an acceptable colour?" Seems like a nice clean sizeable room isnt enough any more.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Judi

Gunmetal and navy in wallpaper would be easier to change and would still give the look he wants. He would probably then moan about it being more expensive and time consuming to put on the wall but - tough!!!!! ;)
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • System
    elona wrote: »
    Judi

Gunmetal and navy in wallpaper would be easier to change and would still give the look he wants. He would probably then moan about it being more expensive and time consuming to put on the wall but - tough!!!!! ;)
    Thats an option i could live with. I'll mention it tonight.:)
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Afternoon all
    Was up at the crack of dawn this morning ( well 7.15am is early for me ) awaiting the DGC arrival at 7.50am. DGS couldn't get enough breakfast down him and consumed one and a half large chocolate croissants and a pain au chocolate. He has put in his order for tomorrow of bacon, sausage and egg, he's getting cheeky now he's 8 :rotfl:. Meanwhile DGD didn't want to go to school as she had a sore foot ( methinks she wanted to stay with us again as it's much more fun ) but ate the other half of the croissant and a bowl of coco pops. Both were in school at 9am.
    I have just come back from Dads where I stripped his bed and remade it, then cleaned his bedroom top to bottom. ( He does try to help but ends up wheezing too much ). Then I hoovered down the stairs and cleaned his bathroom, kitchen worktops, sink and the floor. I am going to go back one day next week to finish the downstairs rooms.
    School pick up is at 3.20 and 3.30 but we have to leave just before 3pm so that we can find a parking space. DSiL is on collection tonight, about 4 to 4.30. as DGS has football practice.
    Dad will come over later for tea which will be lamb curry a la Mr Fix It, with all the fixings ( poppadoms, bhjais etc ). Had to keep him busy today too :rotfl:.
    Tru you're welcome
    Cranky hope your leg heals soon
    RosyRed the cheek of some people, that takes the biscuit ( er sorry, path - I'll get my coat :rotfl: )
    Judi my parents allowed me to choose the colours in my bedroom when I was a teenager. I had bright orange and deep purple wallpaper. I thought it looked cool :D.
    TA I hope you enjoyed your mystery outing.
    Hugs to all
    nan
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure