Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

Brexit, the economy and house prices part 5

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Tromking wrote: »
    It maybe coining a phrase from earlier in the day but this is a Brexit thread, why are you bringing up a domestic UK issue?

There was a bus sized post-it note linking brexit and the NHS during the referendum campaign. Farage disowned it within hours of the result but Boris persists.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    gfplux wrote: »

+30 years ago when my French wife first came to London she was told by other French people who had experience of the NHS

“If you fall ill...........go straight to the airport!”

Given the present crisis do you think the advise would be any different today?

A complete slander on those that work in the service day in day out. Seems as if the divide between culture is as great now as was the case 30 years ago. Perhaps if you lived in the UK you could a contribution by paying taxes.
  • Tromking
    Tromking Posts: 2,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    There was a bus sized post-it note linking brexit and the NHS during the referendum campaign. Farage disowned it within hours of the result but Boris persists.

Merely a tongue in cheek riposte to our friend from Luxembourg who felt certain posters were going off subject.
    Quite relaxed about such things myself.
    Any comment from you on the Austrian fascists?
    “Britain- A friend to all, beholden to none”. 🇬🇧
  • System
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    A complete slander on those that work in the service day in day out. Seems as if the divide between culture is as great now as was the case 30 years ago. Perhaps if you lived in the UK you could a contribution by paying taxes.

When both the PM and health secretary are apologising for the health service they're running the obvious conclusion is things aren't going so great.
  • Thrugelmir
    When both the PM and health secretary are apologising for the health service they're running the obvious conclusion is things aren't going so great.

Do you know how many appointments get cancelled at your local hospital because people don't turn up?

How would you propose decluttering A&E of non urgent cases?

How would you propose coping with a flu epidemic?

Better discussion is to be had by listening to those actual running the service. Trouble is doesn't make good media for the political twitter facebook brigade.
  • System
    Tromking wrote: »
    Merely a tongue in cheek riposte to our friend from Luxembourg who felt certain posters were going off subject.
    Quite relaxed about such things myself.
    Any comment from you on the Austrian fascists?

Austrian Fascists? Yes, horrible racists - you shouldn't complain because the same reasons that delivered these vile creatures also delivered your brexit result.

The fascists will be out next time as people wonder what came over them. Much like I'm sure a goodly bunch of people who voted for UKIP in 2015 wouldn't admit to it now.

Double bonus - the fascists will be for one vote only; brexit is forever.
  • Thrugelmir
    Austrian Fascists? Yes, horrible racists - you shouldn't complain because the same reasons that delivered these vile creatures also delivered your brexit result.

The fascists will be out next time as people wonder what came over them. Much like I'm sure a goodly bunch of people who voted for UKIP in 2015 wouldn't admit to it now.

Reaction to the EC in Brussels perhaps......
    A fascist is a follower of a political philosophy characterized by authoritarian views and a strong central government — and no tolerance for opposing opinions.
    :think:
  • System
    Do you know how many appointments get cancelled at your local hospital because people don't turn up?

How would you propose decluttering A&E of non urgent cases?

How would you propose coping with a flu epidemic?

Better discussion is to be had by listening to those actual running the service. Trouble is doesn't make good media for the political twitter facebook brigade.

What are you asking me for? Last I heard the government ran the health service and not me.

They've had to apologise for doing a rubbish job of late. Maybe they're not up to it.
  • Tromking
    Tromking Posts: 2,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 4 January 2018 at 10:04PM

So your guessing that Mainland Europe’s burgeoning fascist problem is merely a temporary aberration are you?
    I fear you may be in for a major disappointment.
    Mainland Europeans are installing these scum into Government positions now, if this your EU you can keep it.
    “Britain- A friend to all, beholden to none”. 🇬🇧
  • System
    Reaction to the EC in Brussels perhaps......

:think:

To be honest I blame the people who vote for fascists for the election of fascists rather than those who don't.

That definition does sound like a few of the more fervent brexiteers who post here. The three I have in mind are all the same poster though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure