Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Magnum0121
    • By Magnum0121 6th Oct 17, 11:55 AM
    • 34Posts
    • 7Thanks
    Magnum0121
    Claim Form - UK Car Park Management
    • 6th Oct 17, 11:55 AM
    Claim Form - UK Car Park Management 6th Oct 17 at 11:55 AM
    Hello,
    A couple of weeks ago on the day I was meant to be going on holiday I received a letter before claim from Gladstones. Obviously there was no time to respond as I was catching a flight, so had to respond when I got back. I sent a robust response to the LBC but it was too late, the 14 days was up and they didn't mess around with the claim form!

I've frantically read the newbies thread again and it says "small claim? Start a new thread please"
    I've registered with MCOL so I now have until the end of he month to sort this out but I'd rather nip it in the bud.

The parking charge in question was for "breaching the terms of parking" on the land of a residential site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Page 3
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 5th Apr 18, 2:55 PM
    • 2,270 Posts
    • 2,672 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Youd have to ask permission, as this is a reserved activity. SO you need to AS A MATTER OF URGENCY write to the court.
    Dont delay on this. Do this now.
    • Magnum0121
    • By Magnum0121 5th Apr 18, 4:22 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Magnum0121
    Ask permission for what? Sorry if I missed something
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 5th Apr 18, 4:39 PM
    • 6,645 Posts
    • 5,829 Thanks
    KeithP
    Permission to represent the defendant without her being present.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 5th Apr 18, 5:15 PM
    • 2,254 Posts
    • 3,996 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    Basically if you roll up to court attempting to represent someone, and you are not a solicitor, you'll be told to go away. The case will then be heard on papers only. So your choices are

1. Ask the court, given the circumstance, could you represent.
    2. Request papers only and forget about #1
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
    • Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 5th Apr 18, 5:47 PM
    • 958 Posts
    • 1,838 Thanks
    Johnersh
    I don't see this one being granted. I suspect restoring it as a paper hearing is best you can hope for, but good luck. I hope I'm wrong.
    "The best advice I ever got was that knowledge is power and to keep reading."
    DISCLAIMER: I post thoughts as & when they occur. I don't advise. You are your own person and decision-maker. I'm unlikely to respond to DMs seeking personal advice. It's ill-advised & you lose the benefit of a group "take" on events.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Apr 18, 10:18 PM
    • 56,160 Posts
    • 69,834 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Youd have to ask permission, as this is a reserved activity. SO you need to AS A MATTER OF URGENCY write to the court.
    Dont delay on this. Do this now.
    Originally posted by nosferatu1001
    Hang on, he doesn't.

Basically if you roll up to court attempting to represent someone,
    He isn't.

Magnum0121, please let this thread go quiet on the subject of who is having to attend court.

I have printed off the full copy of the lease and the relevant case transcripts as mentioned.
    Unfortunately cannot find the Excel v Mr B one!
    Which one is that?

Which transcripts are you using?
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 05-04-2018 at 10:22 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Magnum0121
    • By Magnum0121 6th Apr 18, 9:29 AM
    • 34 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Magnum0121
    These are the transcripts:

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/208537969/JOPSON_V_HOMEGUARD_2906J_Approved.pdf?mobile_site= true

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/206910945/High_Wycombe_Three_Approved_Judgment.pdf?mobile_si te=true

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/209202605/UKPC_v_Masterson_B6QZ4H3R.pdf?mobile_site=true
    • Magnum0121
    • By Magnum0121 6th Apr 18, 10:54 AM
    • 34 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Magnum0121
    Could someone please help with a witness statement?
    I've had a search and can't find one on the forums that fits into residential matters
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 6th Apr 18, 11:44 AM
    • 2,270 Posts
    • 2,672 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    A WS is a series of facts. Starting with who the RK of the vehicle is is the usual point, and just go forwards in time from the parking event to now.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Apr 18, 7:20 PM
    • 56,160 Posts
    • 69,834 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Although this one (below first link) is part of defence wording, these points about needing a consensus, and the Landlord & Tenant Act, could be squeezed into a WS about a residential car park by saying no such consultation took place, etc.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74067081#post74067081

and here's a WS about a residents car park:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73427485#post73427485

HTH
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Magnum0121
    • By Magnum0121 9th Apr 18, 11:10 AM
    • 34 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Magnum0121
    First WS draft.
    I'm drawing a blank here as to what else to mention without turning the WS into another defence.

IN THE COUNTY COURT - Claim No.:

Between

CPM UK LTD (Claimant)

-and-

************ (Defendant)

I, ****************** of **************, *********, ***********, **** *** am the defendant in this case.

1. The facts in this statement come from my personal knowledge. Where they are not within my own knowledge there are true to the best of my information and belief

2. I authorise ********* ******** to represent on my behalf in my absence

3. I am not liable to the Claimant for the sum claimed, or any amount at all and this is my Witness Statement in support of my defence as already filed.

4. I assert that I am the registered keeper of the vehicle in question in this case. I was not the driver of the car at the time of the alleged contravention.

5. The claimant has no knowledge of who was driving the car on this or any occasion, but I can confirm that I was not the driver on this occasion.

6. This Claimant should never have issued to a registered keeper, a document described as a !!!8216;liability notice!!!8217; (LN) because they were not availing themselves of any right to !!!8216;keeper liability!!!8217;. This right is offered under statute to parking operators and landholders, ONLY if they comply with Schedule 4 of the POFA 2012, which Excel admit they do not. Under the applicable BPA Code of Practice at the time, a LN was a document only for cases where an operator could hold a keeper liable under the POFA. This LN was contrary to DVLA rules which prohibit misleading keepers as to whether they are the liable party.

7. The Claimant seeks to apportion blame to a keeper for not responding to their letters and for not naming the driver.

8. It is noted that there is no breach of contract as the signage is forbidding.

9. My lease does not forbid parking. A copy of the lease has been filed with this Witness Statement and mentioned in my defence.
    • Magnum0121
    • By Magnum0121 9th Apr 18, 3:49 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Magnum0121
    Also, can anyone show me a copy of the POFA 2012? The government legislation website isn't working.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/schedule/4/paragraph/4/enacted
    • Castle
    • By Castle 9th Apr 18, 4:14 PM
    • 1,635 Posts
    • 2,192 Thanks
    Castle
    Also, can anyone show me a copy of the POFA 2012? The government legislation website isn't working.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/schedule/4/paragraph/4/enacted
    Originally posted by Magnum0121
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/schedule/4/enacted
    • Magnum0121
    • By Magnum0121 9th Apr 18, 4:20 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Magnum0121
    That's the same link that I posted that doesn't work:

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 5 at column 242: EntityRef: expecting ';'
    Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Apr 18, 4:21 PM
    • 56,160 Posts
    • 69,834 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    CPM UK LTD (Claimant)

Is that how their name is given on the claim form? I thought it would be UK Car Park Management Ltd as per their company registration:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07383860

You do not need to say this but I know who you mean. I would remove this:
    2. I authorise ********* ******** to represent on my behalf in my absence
    To the other regulars, it is OK, it's not a lay rep with no RoA. Magnum0121, ask that person for comments on your WS, off forum and do not mention them here.

This is a bit of a mess even having tidied up the Smart Punctuation error you are getting:
    6. This Claimant should never have issued to a registered keeper, a document described as a 'liability notice' (LN) because they were not availing themselves of any right to 'keeper liability'. This right is offered under statute to parking operators and landholders, ONLY if they comply with Schedule 4 of the POFA 2012, which Excel admit they do not. Under the applicable BPA Code of Practice at the time, a LN was a document only for cases where an operator could hold a keeper liable under the POFA. This LN was contrary to DVLA rules which prohibit misleading keepers as to whether they are the liable party.
    For example why does it say 'Excel'? Wrong PPC! And why are you talking about a LN when UKCPM probably did comply and are not ''admitting they do not'' rely on the POFA. the opposite is likely to be true, with UKCPM, they no doubt are relying on the POFA.

Remove that.

Why did you not include any of the linked words I showed you, about the ?Landlord & Tenant Act

You have made no attempt to show ANY evidence at all with this WS, eeek! What about the primacy of contract that the Defendant is relying upon? The proof of that?

You need to ask the person who will be in court about this WS and evidence, or you could ruin the case.

If you are getting assistance I would take it off forum now and let this thread go quiet.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 09-04-2018 at 4:28 PM.

• Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 9th Apr 18, 5:01 PM
    • 1,348 Posts
    • 2,695 Thanks
    Lamilad
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9dxxrwu5thz6wdo/TAB%203%20Exhibit%20IL1%20PoFA%202012%20Sch%204.pd f?dl=0
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,346Posts Today

8,681Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just a quick note. I've been overwhelmed by the strength of support by my campaign to stop facebook fake ads today? https://t.co/KexhjVVznY

• RT @mmhpi: On the eve of tomorrow's #RecoverySpace debate in parliament, we just delivered our 10,000 letters to the Chancellor. People in?

• Interesting piece yet they asked me if it was a publicity stunt and I said yes partially, in order to raise awarene? https://t.co/FdKcO1uMLx

• Follow Martin