Another free postcode lottery

I found another free postcode lottery that I don't think we know about here yet. I did search and couldn't find it here.

The trouble is, I don't know where to stick it. Should it be just posted on the regulars? And/or on the main board? I think it should go on the main board, as some will miss out on seeing it otherwise.

So, if anyone wants to (politely) tell me where to stick it, I will. Or if it's complicated, pretty please can someone else do it? It will save time, because I would only mess up, probably several times over.

Linky: https://myfreepostcodelottery.com/

Thanks

Blu X
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I'm meant to be
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apology
THIS IS ME!

Comments

• kittycatty
    kittycatty Posts: 3,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Hi Blu, I think you add it to the main board and then add the post link on to the end of the daily thread. x
    Think it's about time the comping fairy remembered where I am! lol

• Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    kittycatty wrote: »
    Hi Blu, I think you add it to the main board and then add the post link on to the end of the daily thread. x

If I do, what end date do I give? I think I'm going to leave this for someone else to do. If anyone wants to, feel free. If not, well, it's up to you guys.

Blu X
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,889 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Most of the others don't have a post on the main board they are just in the regulars section and on the article on the main site by the "coupon kid"
  • Blulu
    I think I should explain why I posted this thread.

I don't like to enter competitions outside of MSE without checking/posting about it here. I mentioned it here to try to be helpful. I realise it would've been a lot more helpful if I had posted the competition properly, wherever these regulars are supposed to be posted. However, the last time I did this with an on-going competition, it was a nightmare. I kept messing it up and being asked to go back and add/change something, or link to somewhere, and then change that again. I am very stretched for time at the moment and it just doesn't make sense for me to go through that again. It would be better if someone who knows what they're doing posted it instead; not to be helpful to me (I already know about this comp), but to be helpful to the forum. If that doesn't happen, it's no skin off my nose, but it means others will miss out.

Also, I honestly think there is a flaw in our system if comps like this are not posted on the main board. I am sure that a lot of people won't see new posts in the regulars board. If you agree, than perhaps we should think of a way to post them on the main board too? I did wonder, what about posting them with an end date of "E: 31/13". Would that stop them being expired? Failing that, it might be worth posting them with an end date of the end of the year. That would at least give those currently here a chance to see new regular comps.

I apologise to anyone who thinks I haven't done this the right way, but I am genuinely trying to do what I can to be helpful, stopping short of doing something I know I would only get wrong.

Blu X
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • mjm3346
    edited 7 October 2017 at 11:05AM
    I tried that with the FPL, posted in a Jan with an end of year date

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=69932951&postcount=80

there were a few comments

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3295466&page=5

before it was merged into the post in regulars (if it wasn't moved the first day it was the next).
  • Blulu
    Thanks mjm. Perhaps it is worth opening the debate up again, to see if it is worth changing the system. I might post about it on a separate thread, with a poll to see what others prefer. I think it was great that you posted about the lottery on the main board, and it's a shame it was moved.

Blu X
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • mjm3346
    Blulu wrote: »
    Thanks mjm. Perhaps it is worth opening the debate up again, to see if it is worth changing the system. I might post about it on a separate thread, with a poll to see what others prefer. I think it was great that you posted about the lottery on the main board, and it's a shame it was moved.

Blu X

Thanks, I wasn't impressed when it didn't even last 48 hours on the main.

Perhaps all of them could be put on one post on the main with links to each site and/or the posts in regulars - maybe with end-date of 31/12
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure