Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • tg99
    • By tg99 5th Oct 17, 10:35 PM
    • 661Posts
    • 258Thanks
    Changing previously claimed tax reliefs (EIS / SEIS)
    • #1
    • 5th Oct 17, 10:35 PM
    Changing previously claimed tax reliefs (EIS / SEIS) 5th Oct 17 at 10:35 PM
    Once you have made a claim for tax relief can you subsequently alter how you have allocated it? For example, if I've previously claimed capital gains reinvestment relief for a gain invested into a SEIS company in 14-15, can I write to HMRC (since the deadline for amending the return has passed) and change this such that I instead put the gain into an EIS company thus deferring it - from reading around I can't see why they wouldn't accept this since I'm within the 4 year timeframe for amending / correcting errors but just wanted to see if anyone has any other thoughts? (Note that I would not be altering the income tax relief claim on the SEIS company.)
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

851Posts Today

7,747Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Donald Trump has apologised and admits he said would when he meant "wouldn't" when siding with Putin over US inte?

  • About to watch #AckleyBridge on C4+1. I do enjoy it, even though I always feel somewhat stressed and depressed after watching.

  • RT @stevenowottny: 19/30 UK airports now charge you for spending 10 mins dropping someone off at the terminal - good investigation from @je?

  • Follow Martin