IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Indigo railway parking notice

Comments

• Interesting - as I progress with this appeal, they are clearly trying to make this harder - or at least more misleading.

When I untick the "were you the driver" box, another drop down appears that states I MUST supply the drivers name and address. Im assuming Mr A Non and N/A are the suitable answers here.

Im really starting to dislike these guys...
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,343 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Im assuming Mr A Non and N/A are the suitable answers here.

Why not.
    Im really starting to dislike these guys...
    No love left? :D
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Sorry for the string of posts on this one, but I wanted to alert people to something on the Indigo appeal site.

When un-ticking the box for registered driver, the evidence picture I uploaded disappeared. When I re uploaded that, the box magically re-ticked itself and I nearly saved with the box ticked.

I had to untick the box first in order to be able to upload the evidence picture.

A devious tactic if ever I saw one.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    But I've already just posted in post #9 what to do about that. Told you what to do.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi guys,

I have had my first stage appeal to Indigo rejected as expected, and no POPLA code offered as expected. I just wanted to check that as things stand there is still no POPLA on offer for byelaws?

In that case I just sit and await my invitation to magistrates court within the 6 months. And of course reading avidly the debt collectors letters.

Incidentally, I read in one of the threads that the debate about this was supposed to happen with government in Jan? There is nothing in the parliamentary on this scheduled in Jan 2018, so who knows.

Ill be writing to David Dunford in the DVLA and Steve Clark in the BPA to ask what they are doing about this as well. Fun times.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    mainly correct

the second reading for the Sir Greg Knight bill is late feb or early march 2018 as was discussed on the ONE SHOW last week or recently
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 16 November 2017 at 10:55PM
    In that case I just sit and await my invitation to magistrates court within the 6 months. And of course reading avidly the debt collectors letters.
    Yes.
    Ill be writing to David Dunford in the DVLA and Steve Clark in the BPA to ask what they are doing about this as well. Fun times.
    Good. I would also write to the Secretary of State for Transport and state that if the Govt are minded to move the goalposts to allow private firms to issue 'contractual' rip-off £100 charges, and illegally clamp cars for 'debt allegedly owed' then it will be a national disgrace.

It would be the single most ridiculous backward step in terms of statutory rules about parking on private land, since the POFA Schedule 4, in 2012, when the Govt allowed themselves to be steered and lobbied by the British Parking Association (the Trade Body for the clampers!) to allow 'keeper liability' swallowing the LIE that it would reduce the burden on the courts. Suggest the DFT might like to check the current burden on the county courts system, this year, from the private parking industry and take a long hard look at the situation before moving any more goalposts for the scammers:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/clamping-is-back-but-is-it-legal.html

Add that it is bad enough that the BPA has just weeks ago, arbitrarily pulled the plug on any form of ADR for railway ''parking charges'' when they mimic byelaw penalties (despite the fact POPLA were prepared to assess such cases). This creates a situation where there is no valid appeal open to the public, giving the likes of Indigo and CP Plus far too much free rein - a dangerous situation for consumers. These two are not firms to have any influence over such decisions.

Copy in your MP as well as the DFT/Secretary of State for Transport.
  • Thanks redx - found it here - https://services.parliament.uk/bills/2017-19/parkingcodeofpractice.html

Good point Coupon, Chris Gayling will be getting a letter as well.

In terms of lobbying, have people been sending letters to Andy McDonald (Shadow minister for Transport) as well? Labour are really seizing hold of the 'voice of the people' issues at the moment, and this could be another way to get visibility.

info@andymcdonaldmp.org
  • Coupon-mad
    Good plan.

I hate politics - the pompous idiots almost all bore me senseless - but you are right.
  • Hi guys,

As expected, I've received my ntk and the merry-go-round continues.

Being in a pedantic mood, I checked off POFA2012 against the letter and it is riddled with issues (they really aren't very good at this).

One thing has caught me unawares. The ntk offers me as keeper the option to appeal the notice within 28 days (the same offer that was offered to the driver with the original on screen ticket). It then offers me as keeper the option to refer my case to POPLA. Apologies if this is covered in the newbies thread, but I don't think I've seen it in there:

1. Shall i use a variant of the blue text appeal from the newbies thread again? I've already used it in the appeal to Indigo online, but as they offer me another opportunity to appeal it would seem rude not to take the option.

2. As they are offering me POPLA in writing, is this binding on them even though POPLA doesn't cover Bye-laws any longer? I believe I read something about this in another Indigo thread, but for the life of me cant find it now.

3. The letter states "You may be legally liable for this offence even if you were not the driver at the time". Am I right in taking this to mean they allege keeper liability?

4. Should I cite that the ntk has take 71 days to arrive, or should I hold that back for a possible court appointment? or do they take off the original 28 days to appeal from this calculation (in which case it is between 29-57 days.

5. Should I cite the various POFA errors at this stage, or again hold them back until a possible later date?

6. Or should I just ignore?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport