Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Quetzal88
    • By Quetzal88 4th Oct 17, 5:45 PM
    • 19Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Quetzal88
    Hellp with defence, I have been gladstoned
    • 4th Oct 17, 5:45 PM
    Hellp with defence, I have been gladstoned 4th Oct 17 at 5:45 PM
    Hi,

I have read the newbies posts. Thank you for all this helpful factual info. So I am now about to submit may acknowlegement for the claim received from Northampton County Court. I will follow advice a defend in full.

I would appreciate any help I can get at this stage.

the facts:

A member of my family, not me the registered keeper, parked into a private car park managed by Minster Baywatch.

This was not intentional as the car park in in front of shop we normally go to. However now there an APR. So we got the intial letter. We appeal directly to MBW. Of course to no avail. We felt the fine was actually too high in principle. At this stage we made an offer for about half the amount.
    This as rejected. ( kept all correspondance)

We did not apply to POPLA ( maybe we should have..).

This moved on to Gladstone solicitors. Again responded to LBC. Also made a second offer to MBW.
    Letter simply saying that I should now only deal with Gladstone.

No further letter from gladstone but we got the Claim from court in Nothampton.

I have again contacted Gladstone to see if we could make an out court settlement, ( recorded delivery), no reply by so far but it as been a few days.

As time is against me and I have to respond to court I will not wait further.

I went back to car park. Yes there signs, stating this is a private car park.

I want to build my defence on the fact that you cannot read them from a distance ( at least the bit about fine cost). Also when you enter the private car park the sign is on the left side not in front. The sign that is in front against a wall, because the wall is not higher than 6ft the sign is easily hidden by tall cars such as MPV.

Finally if you enter the car park and park on right hand side the there are not any signs directly above those bays. Those are the actual bays closer to the shop.

Thank you.
Page 2
    • Quetzal88
    • By Quetzal88 7th Nov 17, 4:03 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Quetzal88
    I have now received the Direction Questionnaire ( Small Claims Track). How can I unsure that the hearing venue is held near my hometown ?

Thank you
    • Quetzal88
    • By Quetzal88 7th Nov 17, 4:19 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Quetzal88
    Hi, have received the Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track.

Can I please help me with the reasons why SCT is not appropriate for this case. Also I need to unsure the venue is near my home town. So I need a good argument as to why it should take place nearby.

I was away, so I actually only have couple days to fill in the form.

Thank you for any help
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Nov 17, 4:55 PM
    • 35,912 Posts
    • 20,184 Thanks
    Quentin
    Sct is fine.

You won't have any problem getting the hearing (if there is one) at your nearest court. It's the norm

Include the name of the court when completing your questionnaire
    • Quetzal88
    • By Quetzal88 10th Nov 17, 12:18 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Quetzal88
    Thank you, now in the post!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Nov 17, 12:48 AM
    • 58,533 Posts
    • 72,030 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I think you need to re-read the NEWBIES thread post #2 because how to complete each form, question by question, is already explained there by bargepole in a linked post.

See you at Witness Statement stage, read ahead, see what happens when (NEWBIES thread post #2).
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Quetzal88
    • By Quetzal88 1st Mar 18, 2:13 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Quetzal88
    Hi,

Court date now approaching. Here a quicky, is the witness statements that need to be sent to both court and oponent, include evidence such as photographic evidence? I only one driver I am the witness too?

Thank you
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 1st Mar 18, 2:37 PM
    • 7,713 Posts
    • 7,457 Thanks
    KeithP
    Yes and yes.
    • northernt01
    • By northernt01 1st Mar 18, 2:44 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    northernt01
    Hi,

Court date now approaching. Here a quicky, is the witness statements that need to be sent to both court and oponent, include evidence such as photographic evidence? I only one driver I am the witness too?

Thank you
    Originally posted by Quetzal88
    Yes,you need to send both the witness statement (and any evidence including transcripts, photos of signage etc. that your witness statement refers to) to both the claimaint (Gladstones) and the court. if you are defending as the registered keeper or the driver and you don't intend to rely on anyone else account of the events, then only you needs to write a witness statement.

can you upload a picture of the actual sign here if possible? My case involved involved gladstones and a permit holders only sign
    • Quetzal88
    • By Quetzal88 5th Mar 18, 11:23 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Quetzal88
    Yes,you need to send both the witness statement (and any evidence including transcripts, photos of signage etc. that your witness statement refers to) to both the claimaint (Gladstones) and the court. if you are defending as the registered keeper or the driver and you don't intend to rely on anyone else account of the events, then only you needs to write a witness statement.

can you upload a picture of the actual sign here if possible? My case involved involved gladstones and a permit holders only sign
    Originally posted by northernt01

Thank you for your help. I am trying to work out how to upload the picture.
    • Quetzal88
    • By Quetzal88 5th Mar 18, 11:25 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Quetzal88
    Hi, sorry I really cannot see where is the upload button, do you know how to do so. Maybe I can email it to you ?
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 5th Mar 18, 11:28 AM
    • 2,765 Posts
    • 3,438 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    There is no "upload" button.
    Host it on a site such as tinypic (NOT photobucket) and provide the link here. Use the "IMG" tagged links.

IF you get an error message on the forum saying youre not alllowed to post links, change the "http" part to "hxxp", a member here can then make the link work for you after you post it.
    • Quetzal88
    • By Quetzal88 8th Mar 18, 1:59 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Quetzal88
    I hope this can be of some help..

Please note that cars on images have nothing to do with case.

Sign not fully visible, here hidden by small car.

Entrance sign not facing driver ( left hand side)

Last edited by Quetzal88; 12-03-2018 at 2:58 PM.
    • Quetzal88
    • By Quetzal88 12th Mar 18, 3:11 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Quetzal88
    I have now received a notice of dicontinuance from Glasdstone on behalf of Minster Baywatch.
    Clearly stating no furhter action..

Feeling overjoyed!

Thank you for your help and support, nosferatu1001, beamerguy, IamEmanresu , Coupon-mad and
    Quentin.

Your support made the whole difference in standing up to those bullies.
    Last edited by Quetzal88; 26-03-2018 at 9:56 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

131Posts Today

1,359Users online

Martin's Twitter