Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Oatsinthedark
    • By Oatsinthedark 4th Oct 17, 2:02 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Oatsinthedark
    Max estates deposit not returned
    • 4th Oct 17, 2:02 PM
    Max estates deposit not returned 4th Oct 17 at 2:02 PM
    Hi all,

I am in a similar situation to the people in Kathiravans7 thread 'deposit not returned'.
    I moved out a month ago from st faiths lane norwich, and have yet to receive my deposit of 831.50 from max estates/sutton management.
    They said in an email that they told new tenants that the deposit pays the last months rent but i was never informed.
    I have been emailing Angie and Michelle, who are the only contacts that I have been given, for the last month trying to chase them up. Everytime I email they send back an automatee reply saying they will be back in the office the next day but then never reply.
    Also apparently only Michelle can handle the finances but never replies.
    I have been in contact with my letting agent who have sent numerous emails to Angie and Michelle but again no replies.
    What can I do to get my money back? The flat was run inadequately; there was mould, no gas whilst being charged for it, the power kept going out every 2 weeks, no wifi, no lockers or holes for post so it was just left there.

I just want my money back and this grievance to stop
Page 2
    • dimbo61
    • By dimbo61 5th Oct 17, 7:48 PM
    • 9,912 Posts
    • 5,335 Thanks
    dimbo61
    Have they go an office ?
    Perhaps standing outside with a big board !
    • shandymanuk
    • By shandymanuk 5th Oct 17, 9:18 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    shandymanuk
    Have they go an office ?
    Perhaps standing outside with a big board !
    Originally posted by dimbo61
    They do not.
    • miltonkeynes007
    • By miltonkeynes007 27th Mar 18, 9:20 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    miltonkeynes007
    Companies House (which regulates directors of companies in the UK) and the Insolvency Service are always interested in evidence of illegal or fraudulent behaviour in relation to company directors and failed companies.
    If enough people complain then there is a certainty that action will be taken. If few complain then nothing will change.
    You need to write or email the contacts below:
    Danny Holder
    Email: danny.holder@insolvency.gsi.gov.uk
    Phone number: 020 8667 8101
    and Google them to see what they do.
    Also you could write to the Registrar of Companies at Companies House.
    Nicholas Nelson Sutton's address is on Companies House website for a defunct company he owned called WESTHORPE HOUSE LIMITED Company number 10011749. It shows his address as:
    Homestall Manor, Homestall Road, Ashurst Wood, East Grinstead, West Sussex, England, RH19 3PG This is also his operational office. If you Google the address you will see it as the first image.
    If you or anyone you know has lost money owing to the actions of Nicholas Nelson Sutton's companies, please message me back with your story.
    [Some text removed by Forum Team]
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam2; 30-03-2018 at 11:06 PM.
    • miltonkeynes007
    • By miltonkeynes007 29th Mar 18, 10:13 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    miltonkeynes007
    Max Estates
    I've been asked by MSE that given the posting subject, to make sure I was careful not to post anything that could be considered libellous and I haven't. MSE haven't given me any legal advice of course. I was also asked to confirm by another poster that I have permission from the organisation I work with to pursue this. I do have that permission.

I'm pleased with the response so far. Thanks to those that have been in contact especially J. Looks like there are many who have something to say about Max Estates. DM me if you prefer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

145Posts Today

1,625Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin