PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Help with my muffins

Hi guys ..

I'm on mega bake today and I have just realised that the first batch of muffins that I have put into the oven I never oiled tin :(

It's a Lakeland push bottom tin any ideas what I can do ?

Thanks Lisa x
DFW
January £0/£11,100

NSD
January 1/31

Comments

• Leave them in the tins until they are completely cold, they might pull away from the sides at that point and you'll be able to tip them out. If not try using something plastic (plastic knife maybe?) to ease round the edges of the individual muffin and hopefully you won't scratch the tin. If they really are well and truly stuck and you can't shift them the best way to get them out is to cut them into quarters across the middle and use a plastic spoon to get them out. You can still eat them but they won't be easy to use in lunch boxes.
  • mumofthetwins
    mumofthetwins Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    Thanks MrsL ... can't believe I forgot .. just rushing round with kids ��

I'll let them cool until lunch time and give it a go

Thanks Lisa x
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Leave them in the tins until they are completely cold, they might pull away from the sides at that point and you'll be able to tip them out. If not try using something plastic (plastic knife maybe?) to ease round the edges of the individual muffin and hopefully you won't scratch the tin.
    Then twist then in their moulds rather than pull, you’ll have a better chance of extracting them whole that way.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • mumofthetwins
    Thanks VfM x
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,910
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I don't mind eating damaged muffins

(very naughty since I don't do carbs!)
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• mumofthetwins
    Well guys .. followed your advice and bang lovely muffins and as good as new tin

Thanks a million ladies x
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I love apple and cinnamon muffins ,my DGS works at weekends in a local restaurant and sometimes brings the left over ones home on a Sunday night and I'm the only one who likes cinnamon ,so happy days I get to take them home :):):)
  • mumofthetwins
    Jackie .. 100%. Agree I love apple and cinnamon.. just thinking I haven't made it in a while .. so making those next though ��
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    JackieO wrote: »
    I love apple and cinnamon muffins ,my DGS works at weekends in a local restaurant and sometimes brings the left over ones home on a Sunday night and I'm the only one who likes cinnamon ,so happy days I get to take them home :):):)
    Oh JackieO how I wish I hadn’t read this at the start of the day...now I really fancy something cinnamon-y and naughty!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure