Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • neha9
    • By neha9 4th Oct 17, 2:21 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    CCJ for parking in residential permit
    • #1
    • 4th Oct 17, 2:21 AM
    CCJ for parking in residential permit 4th Oct 17 at 2:21 AM
    Hi All,

    My husband has been issued charge certificate for parking in the residential permit area. He has a valid residential permit.

    He actually changed his car in april and informed the local authority. He received an email confirming the records have been updated for the new car.

    In may he was issued PCN for the new car for which he appealed and it was cancelled. The mail stated that the records have been updated and nothing needs to be done.

    In june he again received a PCN for the same and he emailed them on the same day. He didn't get any reply.

    In july we moved out of London and we just found out that he has been issued a charge certificate of 195 and the dead line was 30th September. If the fine is not paid, the case will be taken to CCJ. Just to save his credit profile he paid the fine as there was no option of appeal offered. We tried to ring NSL and walthamforest but nothing seems to work.

    What options do we have now? Any advice would be of great help.

Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Oct 17, 5:47 AM
    • 18,003 Posts
    • 28,504 Thanks
    • #2
    • 4th Oct 17, 5:47 AM
    • #2
    • 4th Oct 17, 5:47 AM
    As we tend to major on private parking tickets here, PePiPoo will be your best bet for council tickets. Register there (but please note that a hotmail address won't work) and post a new thread; here's your link:

    Have a read through some of the other threads there before you post your own to get the hang of what information they need from you in your opening post - but as a minimum you will need to post redacted photos/scans of all correspondence you've received from the council (both sides, if appropriate) as they need to see all the small print.

    PePiPoo has an excellent success record in dealing with council tickets.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 4th Oct 17, 2:21 PM
    • 2,759 Posts
    • 3,430 Thanks
    • #3
    • 4th Oct 17, 2:21 PM
    • #3
    • 4th Oct 17, 2:21 PM
    Dont use a hotmail address when signing up
    You will need copies of everything, including appeals and responses to date,as well as a CLEAR chronology
    You MUST leave in dates on documents.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

468Posts Today

5,138Users online

Martin's Twitter