Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 2nd Oct 17, 1:13 PM
    • 967Posts
    • 827Thanks
    scd3scd4
    24/7 Home rescue. {Text removed by MSE Forum Team}
    • 2nd Oct 17, 1:13 PM
    24/7 Home rescue. {Text removed by MSE Forum Team} 2nd Oct 17 at 1:13 PM
    Pasted from TrustPilot

Steven Powell.....

247 Home Rescue offered me a month's free cover if I left them a five-star review so I am somewhat dubious about the authenticity of their reviews now but - so far so good. The website was easy to use and it appears that their products are the most competitive in the market. The only thing I found slightly confusing is that the product benefits are jumbled up across each cover level which makes it a bit more difficult to see what additional benefits each level offers.

TrustPilot are as bad.........they know this is a rogue company.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/247homerescue.co.uk
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 11-09-2018 at 9:18 AM.
Page 4
    • lovesgshp
    • By lovesgshp 14th Sep 18, 9:51 PM
    • 1,295 Posts
    • 725 Thanks
    lovesgshp
    Glad they are not servicing heat pumps, as all would be condemned. Does not sound like a professional company.
    As Manuel says in Fawlty Towers: " I Know Nothing"
    • Aozard
    • By Aozard 16th Sep 18, 10:13 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Aozard
    24/7 Ripoff
    So just looking for some advice, i have been a member of this company for 2 years. From the start they knew my boiler was over 10 years old. We recently had a fault and rang them informing them that there was a disabled family member in the house.
    They came 3 days after the fault reported and the engineer cleaned a part on the boiler and left. We rang him back after 15 minutes to say the fault was still happening. He came back, cleaned another pipe and left again. We then ended up ringing the company as the same fault was still showing up. They told us the technician would come at the end of the week, 5 days now after the fault was reported. He came, he cleaned another part and left, the fault came up again and we were left having to contact the company again.
    I rang the next day to find out what was happening and was told that they would be back in touch with me. They then rang me 8 days after the fault reported to say that the boiler was beyond economical repair and that they could not help me any further. i sent a complaint letter to which i just got the following,
    "Thank you for your e mail. We appreciate the time you have spent writing to us setting out your complaint. The matter has been referred to the customer retention department to investigate the issues that you have raised. We confirm that we have reviewed your complaint and in doing so have read the notes on the system and spoken to persons with direct involvement in your matters. We set out below the result of our findings:-

The crux of your complaint relates to the boiler being deemed beyond economic repair. We confirm that we have investigated this issue. It would seem following the attendance of the engineer costings were sent to the technical team. An assessment was undertaken which included factors such as cost of repair, cost of labour and age and value of the boiler. Following this assessment your boiler was deemed beyond economic repair. In such circumstances your claim cannot be progressed any further. I understand that you were sent a detailed e mail setting out the costings relevant to your case. Please see below copy email for ease of reference:-

Having reviewed the documentation, we can confirm the engineer has identified a number of components that require replacing and the subsequent labour hours to try and fix the boiler.

The diagnosis and quotation that has been received is based on ensuring we maintain the life of your boiler and that all work undertaken is so that your boiler is fully functional and does not require any further work.

The indicative cost quoted by the engineer to carry out the repairs to the boiler would exceed the current market value of the boiler. Based on this information we have deemed the boiler to be beyond economic repair. This means the cost of repair is greater than 60% of the manufacturerís current retail price.

In terms of depreciation, as an example, if you were to apply 10% annual depreciation to the boiler with a base price of £700, the boiler value after 6 years is £414.00

Price of Boiler 10% Depreciation

Year 1 £ 700.00 £ 70.00

Year 2 £ 630.00 £ 63.00

Year 3 £ 567.00 £ 56.00

Year 4 £ 511.00 £ 51.00

Year 5 £ 460.00 £ 46.00

Having reviewed the circumstances of your case it is my view the correct procedures were followed and the technical departments assessment that your boiler was deemed beyond economic repair was appropriate.

Therefore I feel it is justified to close your complaint."
    I have p[aid this company over £500 in 2 years only to find now that they would never have fixed any issue with the boiler due to its age.
    • Samblack2018
    • By Samblack2018 16th Sep 18, 11:53 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Samblack2018
    Urgent warning, Avoid, Avoid

This company is now under investigation by the gas regulator for compliance issues. I recently referred the company and its engineer *Name removed by Forum Team*, based in the Northeast, for issuing a CP12 (Landlords gas safety check) when none of the legally required checks were carried out.

This company and its engineers are caring out unnecessarily and unsafe work.

If you have had any work carried out by this company and are concerned, then you should contact the regulator, who will be able to help. gassaferegister.

I have been promised 4 management callbacks and no one has spoken to me to date, they refuse to give their public liability insurance details (if they have any).

I have now canceled the policy and used the direct debit clawback scheme to recover all the money taken by this rotten company. The company is also breaking the direct debit rules and taking a random amount of money from their customers' bank account.

They are paying people for 5-star reviews.

They are not regulated, this is not emergency cover, and it is on a one-month rolling contract.

247HOME RESCUE is a trading style of 247 Home Assist Ltd.

The engineers are contractors to another company called 360 home response.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. *Details removed by Forum Team*
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam1; 17-09-2018 at 5:55 PM.
    • Kellym79
    • By Kellym79 17th Sep 18, 9:56 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Kellym79
    I see this shambles of a company are still removing bad reviews on trust pilot! Iíve been checking in ever since my experience with them and feel utter dismay at the way they cover things up, remove poor reviews and basically fob people off. I urge anybody to report them to watchdog and rip off Britain and post reviews on here too. Notice they have replied to threads on here now. Absolutely shocking ☹️. I am gutted that they continue to get away with this
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

92Posts Today

1,921Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin