Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MrsLWW
    • By MrsLWW 2nd Oct 17, 7:59 AM
    • 84Posts
    • 256Thanks
    MrsLWW
    Yolt App
    • 2nd Oct 17, 7:59 AM
    Yolt App 2nd Oct 17 at 7:59 AM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've a fully researched App Banking guide you may find helpful.

Back to the original post...

------

Hi all,

just wanted to share a great wee app I found. It's called Yolt - it's currently only for UK use. Basically you can add all of your bank accounts into the app and it gives you real time balances. It also has things such as spending categories, top merchants that you use etc.

I've been using it for the past few weeks and I have to say it's flipping great. It's by the banking group ING so security is no issue.

Just wondering if anyone else is using it, wonder what you think of it. Also hope it helps someone else.

L Xx
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 22-02-2018 at 9:37 AM.
    Debt peak approx 30,000 now debt free!!!
    My parents always said "If you can't afford it cash, you can't afford it!" so true!.... mind you, turns out we can't afford much lol
Page 2
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 16th Feb 18, 4:05 PM
    • 3,916 Posts
    • 1,037 Thanks
    Anthorn
    OK I got Yolt and added my bank account and almost immediately hit a stumbling block: It can only calculate income and relate it to budgeting for monthly income. If you get your income fortnightly as I do Yolt is pretty much a waste of time! My regular income which goes into Starling Bank is the same every month without variation at all but Yolt just cannot do it.

The very first thing that anyone should do when comparing such apps is whether it can cope with your income! If it can't it's just occupying space and won't be used very much.
    • Mr Goodkat
    • By Mr Goodkat 18th Feb 18, 8:57 AM
    • 429 Posts
    • 245 Thanks
    Mr Goodkat
    Been looking at Yolt because it has been paired with Starling Bank but I don't see the value of it except that it will eventually be able to tell me if I can afford to pay what I usually pay next month.

I'm concerned about security. While I don't mind whacking 20 quid a week into the largely unproven Moneybox mobile app I'm dubious about connecting all my bank accounts to a similarly unproven mobile app. The question of security appears to revolve around Yolt being a product of Dutch Bank ING. Oh well that must be OK then? Not. Didn't ING's UK offering go under to be taken over by Barclay's Bank? And what price "bank security" when we know from recent memory that banks get hacked, c.f. Tesco Bank.

Overall I'll need at least two years track record before I look at Yolt again!
    http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/141354-yolt-what-is-it-and-how-will-it-help-you-manage-your-money
    Originally posted by Anthorn
    It seems you got impatient old boy and downloaded Yolt before they had at least two years track record!
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 18th Feb 18, 4:11 PM
    • 3,916 Posts
    • 1,037 Thanks
    Anthorn
    It seems you got impatient old boy and downloaded Yolt before they had at least two years track record!
    Originally posted by Mr Goodkat
    Completely irrelevant as with your reply to my post in the Metro Bank thread!
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 18th Feb 18, 4:27 PM
    • 3,434 Posts
    • 2,389 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    OK I got Yolt and added my bank account and almost immediately hit a stumbling block: It can only calculate income and relate it to budgeting for monthly income. If you get your income fortnightly as I do Yolt is pretty much a waste of time! My regular income which goes into Starling Bank is the same every month without variation at all but Yolt just cannot do it.

The very first thing that anyone should do when comparing such apps is whether it can cope with your income! If it can't it's just occupying space and won't be used very much.
    Let them know: https://www.yolt.com/contact.
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 18th Feb 18, 4:34 PM
    • 3,916 Posts
    • 1,037 Thanks
    Anthorn
    Originally posted by SnowTiger
    Already done that. But they will be aware of it because a pop-up advice is programmed in the app which is how I knew that they can only compare monthly income.
    • Mr Goodkat
    • By Mr Goodkat 19th Feb 18, 2:29 PM
    • 429 Posts
    • 245 Thanks
    Mr Goodkat
    Completely irrelevant as with your reply to my post in the Metro Bank thread!
    It is relevant, as you commented earlier in the thread about not trusting Yolt because of some inaccurate claims you were making about their owners ING and then going on to say you wanted them to have over two years of operations without problems before using the Yolt App.

You have once again jumped in with both feet and another example of your hypocrisy on this forum.

Shame Yolt will not work for you because now you have got past the concerns you had about them earlier than you advertised you could have used the help to budget and in time get the more perfect than perfect credit history that you desire but mistakenly believe you have already!

All the best!
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 19th Feb 18, 4:58 PM
    • 3,916 Posts
    • 1,037 Thanks
    Anthorn
    It is relevant, as you commented earlier in the thread about not trusting Yolt because of some inaccurate claims you were making about their owners ING and then going on to say you wanted them to have over two years of operations without problems before using the Yolt App.

You have once again jumped in with both feet and another example of your hypocrisy on this forum.

Shame Yolt will not work for you because now you have got past the concerns you had about them earlier than you advertised you could have used the help to budget and in time get the more perfect than perfect credit history that you desire but mistakenly believe you have already!

All the best!
    OK let's look at that post again:
    That is irrelevant to this thread. And your last post quoted above is also irrelevant to this thread: For example what does my credit history have to do with it? I think this thread might be beyond your understanding or is there some other reason for your off-topic posting?
    • bluesky2011
    • By bluesky2011 12th Apr 18, 6:32 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bluesky2011
    As far as I can tell Yolt is the only third party providing Personal Finance software that is accredited by Open Banking and registered with the FCA. https://www.openbanking.org.uk/regulated-providers/
    However I sadly think it is only available on Android or IOS, not on a PC via a browser. Any thoughts anyone?
    • colsten
    • By colsten 13th Apr 18, 12:57 PM
    • 9,229 Posts
    • 8,078 Thanks
    colsten
    I have experimented with the Volt up and lost the will to live in the process. Adding accounts takes ages, and Volt can't eliminate painful log-ins such as the requirement for a security gadget for M&S. For some banks, you have to do the set up twice before you can see all your accounts - e.g. for Lloyds, 1 set up is required for current accounts, and then another 1 for savings accounts. I also didn't like the categorisation Yolt applies to transactions, and I haven't found a way to tailor what it does. Response times are pretty awful, especially if you have plenty of accounts.

I will stick with accountunity for the time being, even though it uses ancient technology and I'd really fancy something more modern.
    • premierfella
    • By premierfella 14th Apr 18, 4:42 PM
    • 863 Posts
    • 475 Thanks
    premierfella
    For some banks, you have to do the set up twice before you can see all your accounts - e.g. for Lloyds, 1 set up is required for current accounts, and then another 1 for savings accounts.
    Originally posted by colsten
    To be fair to Yolt, it is relevant to mention the reason - because they are using Open Banking where it is available (i.e. for current accounts at banks who made an effort to meet the Open Banking rollout date!) Surely that's a positive?
    • bluesky2011
    • By bluesky2011 14th Apr 18, 7:27 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bluesky2011
    I have to say I have had a very fast response from Yolt which is encouraging, its the sort of reply that makes me want to sign up! - see below

"Thanks for getting in touch!

We're currently working on perfecting the app for mobile devices (Android and iOS versions). We've had other Yolt users requesting us to add support for desktop and even a web version. I'll add your request to our user wish-list and discuss it with the team.

As Yolt is currently in open Beta, the list of suggestions and new features to be rolled out is constantly being updated. So keep an eye on your inbox, we`ll keep you posted on what!!!8217;s new with each release."

• lizloz
    • By lizloz 17th May 18, 11:00 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    lizloz
    yolt - yodlee and dodgy bank account access
    yolt is the 1st time i have ever entered any banking details n to my phon, never again!

Sadly I broke my phone, twice, recently. I'm not paying for it to be mended again. However whilst its been broken and inactive I have noticed dodgy last access to my Nationwide account. Nationwide have been great at helping however it was extremely worrying until they gave me the IP address that had accessed my accounts.
    Yodlee - which I presume is in relation to my YOLT account. However as far as I was aware the app only syncs when i put my access number in, and certainly my phone needs to be turned on, so why is this company accessing my account? It does not appear to be accessing my other accounts willy nilly.
    Can't close my account or turn off access to yolt on phone now without the recovery code that I didn't generate before I broke it. THerefore having to go into every single bank account to change login information which after years of having secure accounts with specific login details that I could remember, is going to give me a monster headache.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 17th May 18, 11:04 AM
    • 32,584 Posts
    • 20,502 Thanks
    DCFC79
    yolt is the 1st time i have ever entered any banking details n to my phon, never again!

Sadly I broke my phone, twice, recently. I'm not paying for it to be mended again. However whilst its been broken and inactive I have noticed dodgy last access to my Nationwide account. Nationwide have been great at helping however it was extremely worrying until they gave me the IP address that had accessed my accounts.
    Yodlee - which I presume is in relation to my YOLT account. However as far as I was aware the app only syncs when i put my access number in, and certainly my phone needs to be turned on, so why is this company accessing my account? It does not appear to be accessing my other accounts willy nilly.
    Can't close my account or turn off access to yolt on phone now without the recovery code that I didn't generate before I broke it. THerefore having to go into every single bank account to change login information which after years of having secure accounts with specific login details that I could remember, is going to give me a monster headache.
    Originally posted by lizloz

Why use the app in the first place ?

How come you broke your phone twice ?
    • tonycottee
    • By tonycottee 17th May 18, 1:46 PM
    • 1,124 Posts
    • 2,122 Thanks
    tonycottee
    I've been using the app for a while and not had any problems. I couldn't link my Amazon credit card though, which is where I spend the most, so it's not a great help for me.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

166Posts Today

1,371Users online

Martin's Twitter