PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd October 2017

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Morning lovelies
    Thank you for the new thread Valli and for last weeks natty
    Hugs good wishes and posi or coping vibes to all who need them.
    Better go and make a start, want to do the kitchen list plus sone ironing and wallpaper a wall in the lounge if I can today.
    X
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning!

Thanks for the lists, ladies, I'm in, following my own lists.

Have just sprayed the shower tiles with black mould stuff, will rinse later. Kitchen fairly straight so shouldn't take long to whizz round later. I need to nip out - may get a flu jab - and I have college work. I've done part 1 and prepped part 2 so it just needs fitting together so it reads well.

Most rooms are reasonable, some "stuff" left the dining room last week - 2 bags for chazza, some SW recipe books sold and a laundry hamper sold. There was another to be collected but she never arrived and didn't seem to think it was worth contacting me :mad:

Ebeast stuff didn't sell, no watchers even, probably because it was stuff I can't post. Will try once on FB selling pages then I'm giving them away!

Right, account needs checking first!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Ionafan, when you go away and your OH walks the dog, hide the short lead from him, so he HAS to use the long lead, that way he wont get in a muddle and Rosie wont be able to go wandering off.

Thank you for the lists ladies, not that I really followed them last week wops.

So far today
    WM x 4 I think will be on the go
    Beds stripped one remade
    Whole house hoovered
    Toilets bleached
    Bins done
    Maggot bin still soaking
    Kitchen all done

To do today
    Cut lawn weather permitting
    Put green house to bed for the winter
    Food shopping
    Rest

The next couple of weeks at work are going to be interesting as major things are happening we have already been warned to expect to work long and a day off, but we will get the time back and 'be looked after'....................watch this space for further updates of the number of hours I will be owed!! :) So far for last week and earlier I am at 10 hours
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Morning everyone thank you for the list i am in again. Just got weighed and another 2lb lost so 25lb total off to start on kitchen feeling happy. Will catch up with everyone later hope you all have a good day.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,980 Forumite
    Are any of you lovely lot anywhere near Keele university?

My daughter hasn't had her student finance through yet, her phone has broken, she has no idea where she is or how to get to uni from her house.. she may need help lol.. she is a twit!!

2 x WM
    2x laundry on the line.. it's blowing a gale out there.. fabulous weather!

twinkle was sick in her bed last night so all that is in the WM now..

Sorting Next returns and then hopefully I am on my way to get stuff organised..

Oh, and as a little aside note... the mortgage company have agreed I can take over the mortgage in just my name.. they are just deciding whether they need to get CF signature or not as he is not on the deeds.. if they decide they do need it they will take him to court and force him to sign and send him the bill.. Chelsea Building Society may be the best!! And Tom their mortgage advisor is wonderful.. they will be getting a shining review if they pull this off!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    That's brilliant news piggers
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Pigpen this is no help but my son is hopefully on his way home from Keele University. He was supposed to come back yesterday after visiting his girlfriend but missed his train or something. He says the buses are very complicated so your DD is not alone in her confusion. Then again I dont think DS really wanted to leave his GF and come home.

Feeling much more chirpy today, forced myself to go to the gym which helps. I have to rise above the situation at work because I have decided to stick it out for now.

More paid stuff to do. Committee meeting tonight, not very enthusiastic.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,836 Forumite
    Wm is now finished
    All washing folded and away
    Food bought and away
    Phone calls made
    1 fat frog dealt with......... and binned
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    kazwookie wrote: »
    Ionafan, when you go away and your OH walks the dog, hide the short lead from him, so he HAS to use the long lead, that way he wont get in a muddle and Rosie wont be able to go wandering off.
    Ionafan that ^ ^ ^ is exactly what I was going to say! In fact, put the short lead in your luggage, so that he can't inadvertently find it. ;) It's easy enough to set a flexi-lead to a short length if you need to, so he'd be able to manage just fine with just the flexi-lead.
    I never let my guests off lead on their walks, even if I've been assured they have "perfect" recall; there only needs to be something just too distracting for just a second.....
    They get their off-lead exercise in the back garden.;)

Very little Flying happening here; the girls simply take up all my time and energy (but they're worth it).
    Mr LW has gone outside to sweep up leaves - does that count? :o

YL re work - would it help to imagine the idiots sitting there in their unmentionables? :D Might just take the edge off the situation. :o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Mudbath
    Mudbath Posts: 5,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm in and a big thank you for the list which I love as my DH cleaned the kitchen last night so everything is done!

Quiet week for work so hope to have a sort out this week. Famous last words. I may actually just sleep as feeling a little under the weather :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure