Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • beechtreegirl
    • By beechtreegirl 27th Sep 17, 5:58 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    beechtreegirl
    0 WOW
    Can I change passport details after checking in on Ryanair?
    • 27th Sep 17, 5:58 PM
    0 WOW
    Can I change passport details after checking in on Ryanair? 27th Sep 17 at 5:58 PM
    I checked into a flight for myself and daughter, not realising that she had sent her passport away for renewal. This means the passport details I have entered for her are incorrect.
    Does anyone know if this will be a problem at the airport? There is no option for changing these details on the Ryanair website, only for changing the name, which costs 110 each way, more than the flight cost.
    The passport numbers are not printed on the boarding passes, but the check-in staff do look at passports at the gate, and possibly check something on a computer, or have I misremembered that.
Page 1
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 27th Sep 17, 6:22 PM
    • 37,218 Posts
    • 156,807 Thanks
    silvercar
    • 27th Sep 17, 6:22 PM
    • 27th Sep 17, 6:22 PM
    Have you yet done online check in? You can re enter passport numbers at that stage.

At booking stage it matters only that something is entered, as they won't let you proceed with booking without it.
    • beechtreegirl
    • By beechtreegirl 27th Sep 17, 6:36 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    beechtreegirl
    • 27th Sep 17, 6:36 PM
    • 27th Sep 17, 6:36 PM
    Yes, I checked in online today - 3 weeks ahead of the flight, as it was a re-book from one Ryanair cancelled and I thought it might be busy! Last time I waited until free check-in was open, we were not allocated seats together, which is why I decided to get ahead of the game. I used details from a copy of my daughter's passport, realised it would need renewing soon after our trip, texted her - and she told me she'd just sent it off for renewal.
    • loobeylou
    • By loobeylou 8th May 18, 9:53 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    loobeylou
    • 8th May 18, 9:53 PM
    change passport details at online check-in
    • 8th May 18, 9:53 PM
    Ive just attempted online check-in, but since booking in September 2017, hubby and I have renewed our passports.
    Every time I've attempted to change our passport numbers and expiry dates on our new passports, it just clears my entries and returns me to the start of the check-in ID part.
    I've wasted half an hour of my life already!!! Can anyone advise me please????
    • bagand96
    • By bagand96 9th May 18, 3:12 PM
    • 2,871 Posts
    • 1,793 Thanks
    bagand96
    • 9th May 18, 3:12 PM
    • 9th May 18, 3:12 PM
    Try calling Ryanair? Or using their online chat help? Ryanair Online Chat
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

196Posts Today

1,764Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin