Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • malid
    • By malid 22nd Sep 17, 2:36 PM
    • 354Posts
    • 166Thanks
    malid
    Aerolite Luggage Guarantee
    • 22nd Sep 17, 2:36 PM
    Aerolite Luggage Guarantee 22nd Sep 17 at 2:36 PM
    I have Aerolite suitcases which have a 10 year warranty against defects in material and workmanship (not airline damage).

The stitching on one of my suitcases has come apart and it is less than 3 years old. I have the product tags and the original receipt but I cannot find a contact address or email for Aerolite.

Does anyone have any information or can give any advice? As I see it now, the only option I have is to take the suitcase back to the shop where it was bought.

Thanks in advance
    Don't let them grind you down; fight for your rights
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 22nd Sep 17, 3:04 PM
    • 12,466 Posts
    • 8,416 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 22nd Sep 17, 3:04 PM
    • 22nd Sep 17, 3:04 PM
    Aerolite is a brand owned by USB International.

http://usbinternational.com/about-us/

Contact them at http://usbinternational.com/contact-us/
    • malid
    • By malid 22nd Sep 17, 3:33 PM
    • 354 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    malid
    • 22nd Sep 17, 3:33 PM
    • 22nd Sep 17, 3:33 PM
    Many thanks for your swift and useful response - much appreciated.

Cheers
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 22nd Sep 17, 7:08 PM
    • 12,466 Posts
    • 8,416 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 22nd Sep 17, 7:08 PM
    • 22nd Sep 17, 7:08 PM
    Good luck with your claim. If you remember, it might help others if you post the results back here.
    • malid
    • By malid 22nd Sep 17, 7:21 PM
    • 354 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    malid
    • 22nd Sep 17, 7:21 PM
    • 22nd Sep 17, 7:21 PM
    I have set the ball rolling and will definitely report back here. Let's see if this guarantee is worth the paper it's written on.

Thanks
    • potpan
    • By potpan 11th Aug 18, 4:52 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    potpan
    • 11th Aug 18, 4:52 PM
    Aerolite Luggage
    • 11th Aug 18, 4:52 PM
    I purchase 2 Aerolite Bags 2 years ago. The stitching has torn & USB International Ltd. has agreed to replace. they want to charge me shipping form UK. to USA for more than I paid for the luggage. They are inflexible they won't ship to my original store Burlington Coat factory. Any suggestions?
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 11th Aug 18, 4:55 PM
    • 12,466 Posts
    • 8,416 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 11th Aug 18, 4:55 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 4:55 PM
    I purchase 2 Aerolite Bags 2 years ago. The stitching has torn & USB International Ltd. has agreed to replace. they want to charge me shipping form UK. to USA for more than I paid for the luggage. They are inflexible they won't ship to my original store Burlington Coat factory. Any suggestions?
    Originally posted by potpan
    If you are claiming under their guarantee then you are bound by the terms of it. If they say you ned to pay shipping then that's what you need to pay.
    • malid
    • By malid 11th Aug 18, 6:36 PM
    • 354 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    malid
    • 11th Aug 18, 6:36 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 6:36 PM
    I had the same response from the company so useless. I decided to take them back to the shop - success.

Take the luggage back to the store where you bought them. That's what I did in the UK on two different occasions and to different stores. No quibble the first one - money back immediately. Second one tried to fob me off but I stood my ground and got the full refund.

Sale of goods act may be different in the UK but worth a try. Good luck.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,474Posts Today

7,312Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin