Long Term Partner Becoming Personal Trainer (Jealousy etc)

Options

Comments

• NoNoDrama
    Options
    How would you feel if she told you to change your career because she'd heard some people in it had affairs?

My career is !!!! as is her current one so I wouldn't mind one bit!
  • 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    NoNoDrama wrote: »
    She is very driven and hell bent on making a career out of it. I've researched and it's a very seedy industry , I can't be in a relationship with somebody who is in this field.

? :(

You sound like a pathetic prat.

Very low self esteem and selfish too.

Do her a favour and end it.

I call a wind up.
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • decbel
    decbel Posts: 2,804 Forumite
    Options
    We have a good relationship and everything is still there....

....but! She is becoming obsessed with the gym and is now training to become a personal trainer.

I don't want to lose her but I can't get my head around the intimacy of it all. Being called out x amounts a day to assist clients, some of which will be male undoubtedly.

She is very driven and hell bent on making a career out of it. I've researched and it's a very seedy industry , I can't be in a relationship with somebody who is in this field.

I've raised it with her but she just snaps and plays the don't you trust me card.

I'm a pragmatist and just look at these things logically.

My stomach is in knots thinking about it all the time. Can anyone see a way out of this other than me having to end it? :(

Ok

How do feel about male midwives?
  • NoNoDrama
    Options
    There is 'intimacy' in all sorts of jobs: massage therapist, hairdresser, chiropractor, doctor etc. etc..

If you don't trust her, you don't trust her. Imposing rules on what kind of job she does or doesn't do isn't going to help. You need to either change your opinion or break up.

Thanks this is a good post in amongst the expected rubbish. Hairdresser, doctor wouldn't bother me massage therapist couldn't date or chiropractor.
  • NoNoDrama
    Options
    decbel wrote: »
    Ok

How do feel about male midwives?[/QUOTE

I wouldn't put this in the seedy list personally. Nothing sexy about that job :D
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We can pretend affairs aren't common in the personal trainer world but we'd all be kidding ourselves, anyone who has worked in a gym will tell you the stories.

Oh noes!!! My wife has had two female personal trainers and her current one is male.

She's obviously been cheating on me. :eek:
  • Loz01
    Loz01 Posts: 1,848 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jeez if you took out the words "personal trainer" you'd think OPs girlfriend was going to be a hooker. You cant be with someone who is in that profession? !!!!!!?
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We have a good relationship and everything is still there....

....but! She is becoming obsessed with the gym and is now training to become a personal trainer.

I don't want to lose her but I can't get my head around the intimacy of it all. Being called out x amounts a day to assist clients, some of which will be male undoubtedly.

I've raised it with her but she just snaps and plays the don't you trust me card.

I'm a pragmatist and just look at these things logically.

My stomach is in knots thinking about it all the time. Can anyone see a way out of this other than me having to end it? :(

I go to the gym most days and there is a female personel trainer who works there,she only works with female members,i would think that most men would prefer a male trainer than a female one,you seem to be a person who has issues,you need to sort yourself out.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

We can pretend affairs aren't common in the personal trainer world but we'd all be kidding ourselves, anyone who has worked in a gym will tell you the stories.

I.

Really

I use the gym regularly and have a number of friends who work there/arePTs/ are class instructors. They'll all tell you that affairs are not at all common

Indeed they try to avoid any personal involvement and make sure they remain professional

Got any empirical evidence for your assertion?
  • GwylimT
    GwylimT Posts: 6,530 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've been using gyms and personal trainers most of my adult life, never come across affairs. I have however come across many men who treat their girlfriends and wives as nothing but an object under their ownership, much like the OP.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure