Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • meagainin
    • By meagainin 15th Sep 17, 2:41 PM
    • 31Posts
    • 12Thanks
    meagainin
    ES Parking Enforcment Ltd Ticket face down charge notice
    • 15th Sep 17, 2:41 PM
    ES Parking Enforcment Ltd Ticket face down charge notice 15th Sep 17 at 2:41 PM
    The driver use a car park where you have to input your car reg to get a ticket which you then display in your window.

I've recently received a charge notice because the a valid pay and display ticket was not displayed..
    EDIT Photo's shown when I was trying to appeal the decision show a number of tickets on my dashboard, most the right way up with one flipped, which isn't the ticket in question. Looks like the ticket for the day had been dislodged from the dashboard at some point.

The letter states that the reason for issue is: Ticket face down -Did not pay and display a pre paid voucher or place it on view.

The driver has still got the pay and display ticket which shows they'd paid the valid fee for the time the charge notice relates to. I've never had a parking charge notice before and I'm not sure what to do next. Am I liable for this charge? Is there any point appealing?

ES Parking are members of BPA according to their letter.
    Last edited by meagainin; 22-01-2018 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Additional info
Page 4
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 11th Apr 18, 11:39 AM
    • 559 Posts
    • 651 Thanks
    claxtome
    For my similar case the Judge wanted witness statements exchanging 3 months before the hearing not sure if the same with yours.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 12th Apr 18, 6:48 AM
    • 2,234 Posts
    • 3,957 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    For my similar case the Judge wanted witness statements exchanging 3 months before the hearing not sure if the same with yours.
    Wise words from claxtome to check what it actually says. If you don't - read my signature.
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
    • meagainin
    • By meagainin 13th Apr 18, 5:41 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    meagainin
    I've got a few weeks and will be making a start on it at the weekend but in the mean time I've written to the judge to request they stay the claim as per Loadsofchildren's suggestion in January.
    I'm not expecting anything to come of it but I thought it was worth a try.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Apr 18, 5:49 PM
    • 56,024 Posts
    • 69,697 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Points 1 & 2 relate to the court date and the date the statements are required by.
    Originally posted by meagainin
    OK that's the important thing for you to be ready, beforehand, not leaving it late because of wondering if they've paid the hearing fee and procrastinating, like some posters do.

Preparation is key, so start reading some good WS/evidence examples from the NEWBIES thread and on any live court claim thread ahead of yours.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• meagainin
    • By meagainin 13th Apr 18, 6:11 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    meagainin
    My case is very similar to Claxtome's and relates to the same care park so I'm going to be having a good read through his thread this weekend as well as going back through post #2 to make sure I know what I need to do.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,014Posts Today

6,622Users online

Martin's Twitter