Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • ML17
    • By ML17 13th Sep 17, 7:27 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Parkingeye County Court Claim
    • #1
    • 13th Sep 17, 7:27 PM
    Parkingeye County Court Claim 13th Sep 17 at 7:27 PM
    I recently moved house in May this year and last night popped back round to collect any mail that had been sent to my old address. Within this mail i found a claim from Parkingeye and The County Court Business Centre that i owe them 100 for the claimant's debt and 97 for costs of an unpaid parking fine back on the 9th May 2017.

    I've checked their photographic evidence and the claim is against staying 30 minutes over the maximum 2 hour stay on a Motorway Service Station. I cannot remember if this is the correct duration of my stay or not, but i do remember visiting the service station. How do i appeal against this fine being so extortionate given that i have changed address, had notified HMRC the day before (applying for a new driving licence, changing the address and posting the vehicle registration documentation to be amended) and have therefore only just discovered the Court Claim? I'm not opposed to paying a nominal fine, but feel aggrieved with the threat of court action and a 197 bill.

    Any advice on handling this situation would be greatly appreciated.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Sep 17, 7:34 PM
    • 36,291 Posts
    • 20,543 Thanks
    • #2
    • 13th Sep 17, 7:34 PM
    • #2
    • 13th Sep 17, 7:34 PM
    If you have time then submit an AOS immediately (see newbies faq thread near the top of the forum for all advice on how to deal with a court claim)

    If too late for aos, then submit a defence now if you have time

    If you have a ccj then read up on set aside & set aside by consent
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,419Posts Today

8,568Users online

Martin's Twitter