Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • Losttraveller
    • By Losttraveller 13th Sep 17, 7:16 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Right to Buy transfer half share to other owner.
    • #1
    • 13th Sep 17, 7:16 PM
    Right to Buy transfer half share to other owner. 13th Sep 17 at 7:16 PM
    Just over two years ago my partner and I bought our council house on the "Right to Buy" scheme.

    We are in the process of breaking up and as it was me that paid cash and have since spent thousands renovating and expanding the property. She is happy to simply take her name off the deeds.

    Is this possible with regards to the discount and the 10 year period to offer the property back to the original landlords first refusal.

    We are joint owners.
    Last edited by Losttraveller; 14-09-2017 at 1:26 PM. Reason: misspelling
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

276Posts Today

3,957Users online

Martin's Twitter