Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • moto007
    • By moto007 13th Sep 17, 2:56 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    best course of action
    • #1
    • 13th Sep 17, 2:56 PM
    best course of action 13th Sep 17 at 2:56 PM
    Currently I am living off of government benefit because of my disability to work due to my medical condition. Currently I am recovering, and benefits is helping me to meet my day to day need.
    Before my surgery I had some loan (under 20,000) and based on bank suggestion I got enrolled in to token plan with step change. Now I got letter from step change saying they cannot support the token plan as itís more than 2 years, so now either I have to declare bankruptcy or debt management plan. Based on step change calculation (confusing) my surplus is more than 49 pound, so step change ask me to enroll in to debt management plan. How can I go paying off the debt with bare minimum money that I get from benefit? What would be the right move in this case? Any suggestion is appreciated.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,050Posts Today

8,402Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Donald Trump has apologised and admits he said would when he meant "wouldn't" when siding with Putin over US inte?

  • About to watch #AckleyBridge on C4+1. I do enjoy it, even though I always feel somewhat stressed and depressed after watching.

  • RT @stevenowottny: 19/30 UK airports now charge you for spending 10 mins dropping someone off at the terminal - good investigation from @je?

  • Follow Martin