PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 11th September 2017

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,703
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 12 September 2017 at 7:56AM
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »
    Morning ladies :wave:

I have running water

bet it's hot, too *envy*

while it's frustrating - and likely to be expensive, in the great scheme of things it's an inconvenience to be without a boiler.

Have washing on the line.

Went in shops I have never been in before, like Seasalt, and White Stuff and a 'surfy' sort of shop I have forgotten the name of now where there (fish something?) was a gorgeous, practical, super-for-work tunic which I said I wouldn't try while I am losing weight (snort - we went in Betty's and I ate cheesecake). Good job, because I am now impoverished for the foreseeable, though I did buy my sister a nautical doorstop for a gift.

Off out on errands
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,883
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Ok, so who put the empty lightbulb box back in the cupboard :mad:

Car sorted, yesterday's still wet washing out on the line, WM running. The vacuum cleaner is about to be launched into action.
  • Mudbath
    Mudbath Posts: 5,479
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Massive hugs Natty and all those who need a big squishy hug xxx

I'm in from today. Two more days off but being away and leaving DH, DD & DS at home means the house needs a bit of effort. It was worth it though :)
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Morning!

Outdoor flying so far - we are quite exposed here so when the winds hit tonight it might cause a mess, so Ive been out and emptied the hutch, and managed to squeeze it in the bike store. Bikes moved to playhouse. Have moved DS tractor into a sheltered corner and ensured everything is locked away. I've pulled up tomato plants - they are not ripening and have already blown over. So I have green toms, and the rest is in the brown bin for composting. Have also relieved the apple tree of a dozen fruit, so might look up some chutney recipes, as my stepdad was hinting at the weekend.

I think the furries are in until spring now, we may have the odd day where they can go out on the lawn, but the nights are too cold for them. It's quite nice having breakfast with them :) and of course not getting wet when we nip out to feed them :p

Other jobs today include getting the spare room ready for granny, putting the cases in the loft (may have a tidy while I'm up there...) and returning DD pe trainers that don't fit :mad: she'll be wearing her brothers at this rate... Actually, that's not a bad idea, lol.

Want to cut the grass too. If I get chance!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Done a fair bit so far. School & pre-school runs done, taken dog to the groomers, bought a few essentials at the shop and taken some cash out.

I have also read & submitted meter readings, had a lovely cuppa :p and cleared a few hot-spots in the living room. Must also pack DS bag for his little trip away with DH this weekend - boys on tour :cool: xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,883
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    So far I have...
    Dusted, tidied and vacc'd living room, dining room and kitchen
    Retrieved emptied bins from the street
    Brought in dry 1st load of washing and hung out second load
    Been to the allotment and done picking for friend while she is sunning herself on holiday. Runner beans anyone??
    Put stuff in slow cooker....then remembered to switch it on an hour later
    Mopped kitchen floor.
    Now having a cup of tomato soup. I hate tomato soup but DH keeps buying it! After 27 years he should know better!

It doesn't look as much written down as I imagined it to be :o
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,809
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I lost my long post from this morning....................so I won't bore you all with it.

Since lunch time
    I ve cut the lawn
    Been to the tip
    Posted another ebay sale :)
    Bought a food for tonights dinner
    Been to the garden centre and bought autumn lawn feed.
    Spread said autumn lawn feed, it says it will kill moss and weeds, I will wait and see
    Spoken to adopted grandson else where in the world via whats app, he wanted to show me his home work as he got an A+, didn't understand a word of the home work as it is in a different language and script, but I did see the A+, so I have told him when I get there in a few weeks, I will treat him and he can choose what he wants, so it seem he wants to go to the beach and have a picnic and bring his friend with him, I think I can managed that, :)
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • wendywitch
    wendywitch Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    DD2 and I have been shopping, done some banking and the bathroom and made a start on the kitchen.
    We - sorted through the contents of the bathroom cupboard. Everything is in boxes so the owners and decide what's happening with it. We have too much for our cupboard space.
    The cupboard has been cleaned.
    The walls/corners de-cobwedded.
    Walls, tiles and skirting all scrubbed.
    Window and sill cleaned.
    Toilet, basin and mirror all cleaned.
    Bath currently has said boxes in it so not done yet.
    Floor hoovered and mopped.
    Cat litter trays emptied, scrubbed and replaced.
    Bin emptied.
    Only a hand towel to replace.

All clean washing has been dumped on owners beds to be put away.
    Medical boxes have been gone through for dates, tidied and packed away.
    Cupboard fronts and kick boards scrubbed.
    Cooker top cleaned and worktops cleaned.

That's it so far
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 3,947
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Four hours put in doing the paid stuff first, then home to wait in for the man coming to service the boiler between 1.30 and 6.00. He's been and gone - not sure what he did up there but there was an almighty bang which frightened both me and the budgie :( All fine, except the pressure was down, so he's upped it.

As soon as he'd gone I put on the heating and the WM. First load is now draped on radiators and airer, and I calculated what space I have left and put on a second load to fill it. I've also fed the birds, made my bed and put the rubbish out.

I keep thinking it's Wednesday - so had to stop myself from putting out the bins ready for Thursday collection. My head's a shed this afternoon :o (nothing new there then :D )

Hugs and sticks/ furry mules are available for anyone who needs them.

Take care everyone

Rx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Kids are being unpleasant and unhelpful so I've retired to my room. I don't think they even care. I ought to make dinner but What's the point? No one ever enjoys it, most gets wasted and I end up resenting it.

I put the cases away and cut the grass earlier. Also emptied the vac and put the bin out.

Might just go to bed...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills