Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Planter12
    • By Planter12 9th Sep 17, 7:43 PM
    • 25Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Planter12
    Safe? Barclays asks to confirm personal info via docusign.net.
    • 9th Sep 17, 7:43 PM
    Safe? Barclays asks to confirm personal info via docusign.net. 9th Sep 17 at 7:43 PM
    Clicking the link in the following 'Notification':

"Personal: Your Personal Details KYC Reminder
    We recently asked you to confirm your details, but haven't had a response. It's important that the details we have for you are correct and up to date, as it helps to keep your account secure and prevent fraud. Please take a moment to check everything's correct."

...takes me to

h t t p s://n a 3.docusign . net/...

...in a new tab, which asks me to provide my country of birth, nationality, occupation type and salary.

Obviously, I reached the site, via a link in my secure Barclays online acc (as secure as it can be, at any rate), but is this safe?

Cheers.
Page 1
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 9th Sep 17, 8:01 PM
    • 865 Posts
    • 262 Thanks
    Mchambers
    • 9th Sep 17, 8:01 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 8:01 PM
    Speak to a digital eagle...they are the experts.
    • Shakin Steve
    • By Shakin Steve 9th Sep 17, 10:11 PM
    • 1,429 Posts
    • 1,152 Thanks
    Shakin Steve
    • 9th Sep 17, 10:11 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 10:11 PM
    Clicking the link in the following 'Notification':

"Personal: Your Personal Details KYC Reminder
    We recently asked you to confirm your details, but haven't had a response. It's important that the details we have for you are correct and up to date, as it helps to keep your account secure and prevent fraud. Please take a moment to check everything's correct."

...takes me to

h t t p s://n a 3.docusign . net/...

...in a new tab, which asks me to provide my country of birth, nationality, occupation type and salary.

Obviously, I reached the site, via a link in my secure Barclays online acc (as secure as it can be, at any rate), but is this safe?

Cheers.
    Originally posted by Planter12
    Every Barclays customer is being asked to do this. You're not exactly giving a lot away.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
    • Flobberchops
    • By Flobberchops 10th Sep 17, 12:56 PM
    • 722 Posts
    • 523 Thanks
    Flobberchops
    • 10th Sep 17, 12:56 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 12:56 PM
    If you're not able or willing to do it online, you can update your KYC details/docs in branch.

As Shakin Steve said though, the information they're asking isn't particularly sensitive.
    I work for a UK bank, but any comments made on this forum are solely my personal opinion. Caveat Emptor!
    • JKV
    • By JKV 26th Sep 17, 7:11 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    JKV
    • 26th Sep 17, 7:11 PM
    • 26th Sep 17, 7:11 PM
    I have been asked to fill in what I consider to be personal information, such as my annual income before tax. When I phoned the Barclays helpline, they were unable to tell me why this information was needed and what they intended to do with it. All I was told was that it was because of regulations from the FCA, but the person I spoke to couldn't tell me the nature or number of the regulation. FCA say that Barclays should provide rule number from the FCA (if this is indeed required by an FCA regulation). ICO have also told me that the letter should state why the information is needed and how the information will be used once provided. All the letter says is that they are introducing a series of initiatives to combat fraud and financial crime. ICO says that this is not sufficient. I am awaiting a response from Barclays, as my query has been passed further up the chain. I see no reason why Barclays need to know my total income from all sources, when other banks have not asked me for this information.
    • tenchy
    • By tenchy 26th Sep 17, 7:43 PM
    • 360 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    tenchy
    • 26th Sep 17, 7:43 PM
    • 26th Sep 17, 7:43 PM
    I have been asked to fill in what I consider to be personal information, such as my annual income before tax. When I phoned the Barclays helpline, they were unable to tell me why this information was needed and what they intended to do with it. All I was told was that it was because of regulations from the FCA, but the person I spoke to couldn't tell me the nature or number of the regulation. FCA say that Barclays should provide rule number from the FCA (if this is indeed required by an FCA regulation). ICO have also told me that the letter should state why the information is needed and how the information will be used once provided. All the letter says is that they are introducing a series of initiatives to combat fraud and financial crime. ICO says that this is not sufficient. I am awaiting a response from Barclays, as my query has been passed further up the chain. I see no reason why Barclays need to know my total income from all sources, when other banks have not asked me for this information.
    Originally posted by JKV

They don't need to know it, but they like to know it for marketing purposes. They are probably taking advantage of the situation to collect this information. I wouldn't be too fused about being accurate with these details. There's no real way they can check. For regulatory purposes they just need to confirm your identity, and I think now your nationality as well (something to do with the Americans).
    • tberry6686
    • By tberry6686 26th Sep 17, 7:59 PM
    • 994 Posts
    • 958 Thanks
    tberry6686
    • 26th Sep 17, 7:59 PM
    • 26th Sep 17, 7:59 PM
    I haven't been asked to fill this in for my barclays accounts. Personally I would call Barclays to confirm it is correct before I would consider filling it in
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 26th Sep 17, 8:00 PM
    • 24,755 Posts
    • 11,967 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 26th Sep 17, 8:00 PM
    • 26th Sep 17, 8:00 PM
    Originally posted by JKV
    Which other banks?
    Lloyds banking group and HSBC have asked me - it is to do with an agreement between the EU and USA to know your customer.
    This will not be used for marketing but more for money laundering prevention.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • Chalkius
    • By Chalkius 26th Sep 17, 8:37 PM
    • 104 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    Chalkius
    • 26th Sep 17, 8:37 PM
    • 26th Sep 17, 8:37 PM
    Call them if you want. You can update it over the phone with them.

It's the sort of thing that if you ignore it they might close your account as it's to do with money laundering, they have to ensure they hold certain information.
    • The Voice of Reason
    • By The Voice of Reason 9th Apr 18, 5:54 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    The Voice of Reason
    It is deceitful
    I think you're missing the point here. The information they are asking for may not be world shattering, but it is intrusive. If this is designed to prevent money laundering and it is a legal requirement, then Barclays should state that. They don't because it isn't. They pretend to be looking after your security but actually ask for your salary before tax, any bonuses you might earn during the year, and then your total salary at the end of the year. How does that stop you becoming a victim of fraud, which is why they state they want the information?
    • mgdavid
    • By mgdavid 9th Apr 18, 7:12 PM
    • 5,594 Posts
    • 4,916 Thanks
    mgdavid
    Welcome to MSE!
    Interesting first post, to revive a 6-month old thread which in many people's eyes is very Shakespearean, much ado about nothing.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 9th Apr 18, 7:15 PM
    • 865 Posts
    • 262 Thanks
    Mchambers
    OP..Escalate and complain to the FOS. Before going to the FOS, ask Barclays for a final response letter.
    • Shakin Steve
    • By Shakin Steve 9th Apr 18, 7:29 PM
    • 1,429 Posts
    • 1,152 Thanks
    Shakin Steve
    OP? The thread is six months old, you dolt
    Do you copy and paste these replies?
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 9th Apr 18, 8:10 PM
    • 20,113 Posts
    • 15,835 Thanks
    agrinnall
    OP? The thread is six months old, you dolt
    Do you copy and paste these replies?
    Originally posted by Shakin Steve

I'm liking the use of the word "dolt", it really doesn't get used enough even thought it applies to more than a few people on the forums
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

436Posts Today

5,104Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin