IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Admin Centre help :(

Loki01
Loki01 Posts: 59 Forumite
edited 11 September 2017 at 5:50PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hello.

So today I have received Notice to Keeper/Hirer dated from 5.9.2017. The windscreen notice was apparently issued on 31/7/2017 but I am not aware of it and so I couldnt pay the discounted fee (not that I would particularly wanted to). The creditor is Leeds Teaching Hospital. They havent included any pictures with the letter.
Can somebody help with how to appeal and on what ground?

Thank you

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    http://www.britishparking.co.uk/BPA-Approved-Operators

They are in the BPA AOS, so they should be treated the same as any BPA member, as shown in the NEWBIES thread at the top of the forum. Appeal without saying who was driving.

I would also ask for all photos taken and some images of the signage terms they allege were prominently displayed, and evidence of which car park the car was in.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Loki01
    Thank you very much for your reply.
    So should I go:

Dear Sirs

Re: PCN No. ....................

I challenge this 'PCN' as keeper of the car.

I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs were not seen by the driver, are in very small print and the terms are not readable to drivers.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either rely on the POFA 2012 and offer me a POPLA code, or cancel the charge.

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause, please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach.
    Under the schedule 4 of POFA 2012 you are required to send me a postal PCN if there is no evidence of windscreen ticket. As I have no evidence of such ticket and haven't received a postal PCN within the stated period, I require an evidence (such as photo) that the windscreen notice has been issued.

I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle. I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days. I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

Is this ok? Should I add something?
    Thank you
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    I told you what to add...!
  • Loki01
    edited 8 September 2017 at 11:42PM
    I did:

Under the schedule 4 of POFA 2012 you are required to send me a postal PCN if there is no evidence of windscreen ticket. As I have no evidence of such ticket and haven't received a postal PCN within the stated period, I require an evidence (such as photo) that the windscreen notice has been issued.

Maybe I should also add: also an evidence that the signage terms were appropriately displayed along with an evidence of what car park the car was parked in.
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    and some images of the signage terms they allege were prominently displayed, and evidence of which car park the car was in.
  • Loki01
    edited 11 September 2017 at 4:57PM
    Hello, so got the evidence from the creditor that they have to proof that the car was parked illegally.
    Could you please help me to maybe redraft the appeal if you think it would help?
    Do you think I stand a chance saying they have no proof really?

Thank you

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3k23wtmkqiu2a2/car_1.jpg?dl=0

car_1.jpg?dl=0
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,432
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 11 September 2017 at 5:57PM
    Please edit your latest post.

The end of the first sentence should read "...that the car was parked illegally".
  • Loki01
    Could anybody help regarding the photos?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Loki01 wrote: »
    Thank you. Although, that is not what I am sending in?

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you.

See today's post in miladm1067 thread!
  • Loki01
    Quentin wrote: »
    The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you.

See today's post in miladm1067 thread!

Thanks for the tip.
    I am just using the I when talking about the my car, like its extension of myself:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure