PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Persimmons - Pulling out from the Solicitors which Builder advised

Options

Comments

• saxo_appeal
    saxo_appeal Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 September 2017 at 1:23PM
    Options
    You are not going to believe this

They have just this second sent me an Email stating:
    "I am pleased to confirm that missives have now been concluded in respect of your purchase transaction and attach a copy of the concluding letter received for your information."

The plot is for 669 Melrose ---, this isn't our Plot which we are buying...

It has the customers names and address on the sheet attachment also

This has totally knocked my confidence in them now!! This may be our ticket to change Solicitors without charge
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Heh - well, if they promise not to charge you a fee, you can promise not to tell their other clients about their breach of confidentiality...
  • saxo_appeal
    Options
    Myself and partner have replied back to the Solicitors with a vote of no confidence and due to them sending us confidential information what were their terms to cancel and change Solicitors

Will wait to hear back
  • saxo_appeal
    Options
    I have heard back, they say

"
    As the missive has been advised you are in a concluding contract with the builders in terms of purchasing the property.

I will look into this matter and revert to you as the contract is concluded."
  • m0bov
    m0bov Posts: 2,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Its not the contract with the builders, its the contract with the solicitors?
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have heard back, they say

"
    As the missive has been advised you are in a concluding contract with the builders in terms of purchasing the property.

I will look into this matter and revert to you as the contract is concluded."

That doesn't even make sense. Just tell them to stop work and that you're instructing different solicitors.
  • saxo_appeal
    saxo_appeal Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 September 2017 at 2:22PM
    Options
    Reply to my question from M0bov

"
    The concluding contract is the one we have advanced between yourself and the builders for purchasing the plot.

I can advise this would not happen again. I can understand of course your concerns however as previously stated none of your personal details have been distributed.

Yes please come back to us and if you have any questions or queries please feel free to contact me by phone or email."

Hmmm - Don't want to jeopardize us getting the plot now and the builder pulling away...
  • m0bov
    Options
    I switched solicitors twice with my FTB purchase. Ask them how much you owe, then get the docs sent across to another solicitor. How much have you paid them on account? Did you get a copy of their fees?
  • saxo_appeal
    Options
    Yes we got a copy of their fees at the beginning

We haven't paid them a penny yet

It was only when we received the Email that we had to pay for the Builders Documents Fee set the alarms ringing, we were never told about this from the beginning, so unsure whether or not it just comes up as standard.

Sorry, very naïve to all this as first time buyers :(

If we pull out, I don't want the builder to pull away also...
  • m0bov
    Options
    Dont be blackmailed by them, just mail the solicitors that you are using another firm. You have not paid them, so unless you signed anything there is no contract. Find a good local firm.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure