Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

    • markharriers
    • By markharriers 5th Sep 17, 8:39 PM
    • 195Posts
    • 11Thanks
    Sole trader
    • #1
    • 5th Sep 17, 8:39 PM
    Sole trader 5th Sep 17 at 8:39 PM
    Im thinking of setting up a business and was after some advice please.
    I want to advertise to test the water so to speak, i dont really want to register the bussiness if i dont get enough work. My question is... at what point would i have to register the bussiness?

    Help greatly received
Page 1
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 6th Sep 17, 10:25 AM
    • 4,324 Posts
    • 6,811 Thanks
    • #2
    • 6th Sep 17, 10:25 AM
    • #2
    • 6th Sep 17, 10:25 AM
    Register with whom? Companies House? Never, you can be a sole trader as long as you like, although there will come a point at which it would make sense to incorporate for tax / liability reasons. HMRC? As soon as your net profits + other income exceed your personal tax allowance and trading allowance.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,666Posts Today

8,544Users online

Martin's Twitter