Skip left on my property

Comments

• Davesnave wrote: »
    Surely it depends if the skip has been hired.

If no payment has been made, then the builders are at fault for not arranging to dispose of controlled waste correctly, especially if it comes from a number of jobs.

If payment has been made, then the skip company are in probably in breach of the regulations covering their business, so could face having their licence revoked for a continued offence.

This is why it's important for he council to pin both of them down over what's happening. Ultimately, I suspect the skip company have most to lose here.

That would depend on the business to business contract they have in place. Until you know that together with what's stated on the builders waste carrying certificate it's far from a clear case of fly tipping.
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,776
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Wouldn't hold out too much hope of getting them done for flytipping.

I hope this isn't the OP!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/horror-handsworth-house-turned-tip-13577855
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • I was thinking. Could you drop them an email or give them a call asking what it will take to get the skip removed? Save the email or record the call and when they demand money, bring it to the police accusing them of ransom.
  • stator
    stator Posts: 7,441
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Another silly suggestion
    Changing the world, one sarcastic comment at a time.
  • tonyh66
    tonyh66 Posts: 1,736
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I was thinking. Could you drop them an email or give them a call asking what it will take to get the skip removed? Save the email or record the call and when they demand money, bring it to the police accusing them of ransom.

I think it is probably classed as extortion rather than ransom.
  • tonyh66 wrote: »
    I think it is probably classed as extortion rather than ransom.

And even then he'll be told it's a civil dispute.
  • pimento
    pimento Posts: 6,239
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Pay another skip company to empty and [STRIKE]deliver the skip back to the original company[/STRIKE].

.... drag the empty skip out into the road. Sit back and wait. :D
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
  • pimento wrote: »
    .... drag the empty skip out into the road. Sit back and wait. :D

How do you suggest he does that?
  • pimento
    pimento Posts: 6,239
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    An empty skip is easily dragged. Might take two people but that's often how they get the skip into position when it's left.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
  • LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    pimento wrote: »
    An empty skip is easily dragged. Might take two people but that's often how they get the skip into position when it's left.

Well that depends on how big it is. I think you might need quite a few people to move, say, a 12 cube skip even on flat land.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure