Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • Blaz1985
    • By Blaz1985 5th Sep 17, 3:13 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Tracing CCJ
    • #1
    • 5th Sep 17, 3:13 PM
    Tracing CCJ 5th Sep 17 at 3:13 PM

    I have been looking at my Credit File and noticed there was a CCJ applied some years a go that is showing as not satisfied.

    I need to track down who it was for and how much - I'm sure i paid it but it says that the payment has not been settled however there is no details apart from a case reference.

    Is there anywhere i can contact to get more details on the CCJ

Page 1
    • StopIt
    • By StopIt 5th Sep 17, 3:37 PM
    • 1,394 Posts
    • 1,250 Thanks
    • #2
    • 5th Sep 17, 3:37 PM
    • #2
    • 5th Sep 17, 3:37 PM
    Contact the issuing court with the reference number, they should have the details.

    Also look at the Registry Trust perhaps? Should be listed there also.
  • National Debtline
    • #3
    • 6th Sep 17, 1:47 PM
    • #3
    • 6th Sep 17, 1:47 PM
    Hi Blaz1985 and welcome to MSE,

    StopIt is correct. Quote the case reference to the court and ask who the claimant was. Hopefully this will jog your memory and you may be able to check old bank statements and payments against the original CCJ. If these confirm the debt is paid you can send copies to the credit agencies and ask the information on your report be updated. You can also request a certificate of satisfaction from the county court, but this can cost around 15.

    If you don't have your proof of payment you would then need to write to the claimant and ask for confirmation that the debt was settled. However, you will need to be careful with this. Whilst they should keep records for 6 years, if they can't provide the proof they may start to chase you again. In this situation you should complain and make a Subject Access Request for more information and copies of things like, payments made etc. Good luck,

    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

968Posts Today

6,779Users online

Martin's Twitter