Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening all
    Had a busy day today. I know things are getting bad when I burst into tears in Asda when I got there just too late for the last packet of WW wraps :( Stress and exhaustion getting to me. Good news though is that yesterday's SP day has cured the bloating and took 3.5lbs with it- grrrr :D if I had weighed on my normal WI day that would have been a mega loss :D however I need the lie in more :rotfl:
    Today's food:
    B: Boiled eggs and asparagus. Peppermint tea
    L: Tuna pasta salad with 2 x tbsps LTL mayo (1 syn) HEXB 2 x HiFi bars, decaf coffee with HEXA S/S
    T: 4 sausages (4 syns) wedges, onions, mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower (1 syn for the oil I used on the wedges) Fab lolly (4 syns) water
    S: 3 Broghies (3 syns) with smoked salmon, ham and gherkins, decaf tea with HEXA
    Syns: 13
    Steps: 11265
    Thanks for everyone's opinions on the exercise question. Nice to know that I'm not alone in my thoughts about exercise!
    Night all xx
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    Mrs-Ryan,

I've just read your signature, congratulations on the BA and good luck on the MA. It takes some dedication to do OU.... you will walk your MA x
  • rachie_cakes
    Options
    Hello,
    I only started SW last Tuesday, am I too late to join challenge? I lost 7lbs in my first week; over the moon that I got my first certificate last night! If I can join this thread, I would like to lose a further 1 stone by Halloween.

Thank you all for sharing your ideas and experiences 😊 Good luck this week everyone x
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Hello,
    I only started SW last Tuesday, am I too late to join challenge? I lost 7lbs in my first week; over the moon that I got my first certificate last night! If I can join this thread, I would like to lose a further 1 stone by Halloween.

Thank you all for sharing your ideas and experiences 😊 Good luck this week everyone x

You are welcome to join our challenge, and well done on your first week loss. I have added you to the spreadsheet.
    Zebras rock
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    New week for me, and feel I should at least attempt to plan (yes I am taking care of myself too)

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - plain toast
    Lunch - pasta salad
    Dinner - Stir fry
    Snacks - fruit, aldi quavers, ginger sweets

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - counting the toast. It is white bread, but not allowed wholemeal.
    Syns - salad dressing (1), stir fry sauce (1), quavers (3), ginger sweets (whatever)

Have to laugh at the quavers being in my food plan. The same packet has been in my locker at work for almost a month now, and always on my plan, as an after lunch treat, but never feel like it after I've thrown up my lunch. Two cereal bars are sat in my locker for exactly the same reason too.
    Zebras rock
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    Oh Kathryn, hope you have a better day today!

Some interesting recipes on here the last couple of days: Hominty Pie and Dirty Rice - sound delicious!

Today's plan:
    B - Banana and berry smoothie (5)
    D - Going out for lunch to an Italian, just going to go for a tomato based pasta, preferably veggie option as I assume that'll be safest?
    T - BNS, carrot and sweet potato soup
    HEA - Milk
    HEB - oats in smoothie
    Syns - Sugar in coffee (3), smoothie (5), lunch... (???)
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    anyone watching itv?

I watched it on record.

I don't think the woman really understood SW or she wasn't really making the most of the recipes.

All it made me do was want the hula hoops she was eating!

On which...

B - Overnight oats

D - Ham, babybel, cottage cheese and new potato salad. A packet of hula hoops (6) and an apple. A mug shot if still hungry.

T - Musclefood chimichurri (sp?) steaks - no idea on syns! Chips and salad.

Glass of milk before bed :)
  • Moneysaverme
    Options
    Morning all,

Hope you manage to feel a bit more human today Kathryn. DENISE, not sure when you're off on your holidays but three months would be amazing. Wishing you a fabulous time!

TETE, yes indeed the homity pie was delish. If anyone is in need of comfort stodge and has random bits in the fridge to use up, I heartily recommend it. Usually I have some form of potatoes, cheese, eggs and veg lurking. It's very easily adaptable too. As it's veggie some people might prefer it as a side dish but I had a huge bowl on its own and it was thoroughly satisfying. I haven't seen the Dirty Rice, shall have a look as I love rice.

Well, had a sneaky peak on the scales this morning and they are moving nicely this week. My WI is Saturday so shall continue with what I've been doing as I seem to be having a sudden whoosh! What have I been doing differently? More water than usual, eating what I have at home, haven't been shopping so I'm really making things stretch and trying new recipes. Also have regularly had a heB in the form of choc weetabix (thanks DENISE who told me I wasn't having enough heB). Less shopping equals less treats. I've had zero crisps this week, still had daily chocolate though. Lots of fruit and veg. I haven't been deprived at all, I've had some lovely meals and the effort is showing in the numbers. Yay!

Good luck all for a positive day x
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 49 lbs
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome Rachie. 7lb is an amazing first week loss. Are you enjoying the plan? It's so flexible.

Kathryn hope today is a better one. Had to laugh about the Quavers!

MSM - we're hoping to go away next Wednesday but it all depends on DH's blood test results!

Am trying to use up stuff I've got in stock as much as possible so plans aren't as on plan as usual but I'm trying!

B - cheese on toast - HEB + 3 (20g of cheese); I added mustard powder, Lea & Perrins & an egg to mix it so it's spreadable. Makes it more satisfying too. Give it a try if you haven't already.
    L - prawn salad - prawns defosting at the moment, the last of the bag; lettuce, cucumber, tomato, pepper, spring onion
    D - LF sausages (1 syn); mash; mixed veg

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - cheese; sausages; may also have a crumpet & butter later if I'm peckish during the evening (I've got the syns available as have kept low syn all week!)

Denise
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :D
    I have had the most lush tea, but no speed:eek: but will be having my fruit soon
    I made fishcakes , they were a bit "wet" any suggestions please?
    I cooked the fish with parsely, flaked it up added salt and pepper , mashed potatoes up and mixed together, let it chill overnight in the fridge.
    Tonight i shaped them then rolled in instant mash, started them off with a spray of fry light in a pan, then transferred into the oven to make sure they were hot all the way through had with SW chips mushy peas and egg and OMG:D:D:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure