Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Yiannage
    • By Yiannage 29th Aug 17, 2:53 PM
    • 36Posts
    • 12Thanks
    Yiannage
    Armtrac Security PCN
    • 29th Aug 17, 2:53 PM
    Armtrac Security PCN 29th Aug 17 at 2:53 PM
    Hi Everyone,

I recently received a PCN from Armtrac Security. It was on the windscreen and the usual 60 if paid in 14 days 100 if not. Due to unforeseen circumstances I have been away and am now around 20 days from when the initial ticket was given.

I've read through the Newbie thread as to how to appeal to these guys as they are part of the IPC. Now if i'm understanding it correctly the advise is to wait and see if a NTK is sent and then send an appeal letter.

My main worry is what if they think its being ignored? What happens if a NTK is not received (although i'm sure that wont happen as they'll be wanting the money!) Is it worth sending the appeal letter before a NTK is received as it states on the ticket that any appeal needs to be received within 21 days, including full name, address & reasons for contesting liability.

I don't want to get stung by these people but want to make sure I get it right!

Thank you in advance for any help given!
Page 4
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 28th Jun 18, 3:32 PM
    • 63,887 Posts
    • 76,542 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    does Armtrac passing my details to TNC count as them passing it to a 3rd party?
    No, they are allowed to use a debt collector firm.

Also - is it actually possible for people to just turn up at the door?
    No. You are thinking of bailiffs, after a person has lost a claim in court and refused to pay or ignored the CCJ. Not the same thing!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Yiannage
    • By Yiannage 28th Jun 18, 6:06 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Yiannage
    Thank you Coupon-mad!

I didn't think they could - but just wanted to double check!

All your knowledge / help really is appreciated
    • Yiannage
    • By Yiannage 7th Jul 18, 11:38 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Yiannage
    Good morning all,

So it seems they are not going to give up on this one - I've received a "notice of intention to advise client to issue summons" letter this morning including wording such as "important notice of intended action", examples of court cases where the parking operator has been successful & CCJ threats.

Is this just another scare tactic that should be ignored or do I do back to the parking company?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Jul 18, 11:42 AM
    • 37,942 Posts
    • 22,056 Thanks
    Quentin
    It's a debt collector letter

Designed to worry those that are ignoring the advice to ignore debt collectors
    • grayme-m
    • By grayme-m 7th Jul 18, 1:25 PM
    • 1,391 Posts
    • 868 Thanks
    grayme-m
    Yinnage, did you notice my PM?
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
    • Yiannage
    • By Yiannage 9th Jul 18, 7:29 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Yiannage
    This situation is starting to play on my mind & im just wondering how to proceed.

It doesn't seem as though they are going to give up - would their next step be issuing court proceedings? As I'm only the registered keeper - as they found out from the DVLA information request - where does that leave me?

I'm searching around to find out more info on the "worst case" scenario as I am going to see this through - just would like to be totally prepared!

Thanks in advance for Amy help
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th Jul 18, 8:27 PM
    • 10,670 Posts
    • 11,057 Thanks
    KeithP
    On Saturday the guidance offered was to ignore debt collector's letters.

So what has changed in the last two days?

Continue to ignore debt collector's letters.

If and/or when you get a Letter Before Claim or official court correspondence, post again.

There really is nothing more you need to be doing at this stage.

Be strong.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jul 18, 12:18 AM
    • 63,887 Posts
    • 76,542 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I'm searching around to find out more info on the "worst case" scenario
    That's the rare case where someone loses, like here:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74496198#post74496198

No CCJ, no risk, and almost certainly paying less than the debt collector letters demanded...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,676Posts Today

7,051Users online

Martin's Twitter