Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mackenzie888
    • By Mackenzie888 21st Aug 17, 7:49 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Mackenzie888
    Bridgnorth Parking charge, Haworth
    • 21st Aug 17, 7:49 PM
    Bridgnorth Parking charge, Haworth 21st Aug 17 at 7:49 PM
    Hi,

I was also victim of this DISGRACEFUL and vile parking service. I sent an appeal against our parking ticket, stating the reason for our 10 min delay back to our vehicle (that I am an amputee and struggled to get back on time due to steep cobbled streets). To my horror this ticket was not rescinded and was told I had to pay the 75.

Can anyone tell me whether debt collection (as stated and threatened on the ticket) will occur? And most importantly, do I need to pay this absolute monster?

Thanks in advance guys
Page 2
    • gdk
    • By gdk 28th Jan 18, 8:27 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    gdk
    What do I do if I've given them my details?
    Hi,

I've looked around the site and seen the advice to ignore the Parking Charge from the people who run Haworth Central Car Park. They are not able to trace addresses from just the vehicle's registration number. My ticket fell off the windscreen while away from the car and I got a ticket demading money tucked under the windscreen wipers. Assuming this was a normal firm I sent in an appeal. Then I read the forums.

What do I do now? I tried to recall the email but I have to assume they have my address and details.

Other advice refers to successful appeals for car parks associated with retailers or retail parks. This isn't one of those.

What should I expect to happen next?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 28th Jan 18, 8:32 PM
    • 57,449 Posts
    • 71,044 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Obviously ignore them from now on, except if they try a small claim (not bright enough IMHO, and their scam is so well known they would struggle in front of a Judge!). Won't happen, relax, all you've done is invited yourself a pile of junk mail and emails in 2018 that you could have avoided.

Your data went to rogue ticketers.

I suggest you complain to your MP and the local MP for that car park, if different, and make sure they understand this lot are operating an unregulated con and are at the bottom of the barrel of parking firm rotten apples.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• gdk
    • By gdk 28th Jan 18, 8:48 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    gdk
    Thanks for the reassurance and advice.

I will take your advice. Thanks again!
    • gdk
    • By gdk 29th Mar 18, 1:27 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    gdk
    2 months and counting and I haven't received any correspondence from them. How long could it take for them to come after me?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 29th Mar 18, 1:32 PM
    • 7,208 Posts
    • 6,684 Thanks
    KeithP
    2 months and counting and I haven't received any correspondence from them. How long could it take for them to come after me?
    Originally posted by gdk
    They have up to six years to start court proceedings.

Did you get positive responses from your complaints to the MPs?
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 29th Mar 18, 1:36 PM
    • 9,209 Posts
    • 8,975 Thanks
    The Deep
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • gdk
    • By gdk 31st Mar 18, 3:17 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    gdk
    They have up to six years to start court proceedings.

Did you get positive responses from your complaints to the MPs?
    Originally posted by KeithP
    Thanks for the info.

I've emailed my local MP and John Grogan, MP for Keighley, Haworth is in his constituency, asking for their support for the Bill. I've also emailed all members of the local parish council. But I've only just done that so had no responses as yet.
    • gdk
    • By gdk 9th Apr 18, 5:03 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    gdk
    I've had a positive reply from John Grogan MP in whose constituency this car park sits. He supports the private members bill and it looks like it will pass as it has support from both the government and the opposition.

The chair of the Haworth parish council also replied saying they don't have the necessary powers to do anything about it (which I expected) and advised me to look at this site (!) . He also passed on my email to John Grogan MP.

My own MP's office manager replied saying I need to supply my full postal address as MPs, by convention, can only deal with their own constituents' issues. I've replied with my postal address but have yet to hear back anything further.
    Last edited by gdk; 09-04-2018 at 5:32 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Apr 18, 5:36 PM
    • 57,449 Posts
    • 71,044 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    The chair of the Haworth parish council also replied saying they don't have the necessary powers to do anything about it (which I expected) and advised me to look at this site (!) .

Hahaha!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• TW1234
    • By TW1234 9th Apr 18, 8:04 PM
    • 124 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    TW1234
    "I suggest you complain to your MP and the local MP for that car park, if different, and make sure they understand this lot are operating an unregulated con and are at the bottom of the barrel of parking firm rotten apples."
    This reincarnation from a bunch of clampers managed to get a visiting MP ! I suspect that the local MP and the Parish Council are more than aware of the beneficial effect on tourism and have high regard for the operators reputation. The esteem in which the community holds them is amazing and they enjoy a special place place in the hearts and minds of so many.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Apr 18, 8:57 PM
    • 17,578 Posts
    • 27,790 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    This reincarnation from a bunch of clampers managed to get a visiting MP !
    Wasn't it The Speaker of the House of Commons - The Rt Hon Betty Boothroyd, MP?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Castle
    • By Castle 9th Apr 18, 8:58 PM
    • 1,706 Posts
    • 2,302 Thanks
    Castle
    Having checked the Bradford planning site I can't find any advertising consent for their signs.... though the Attendant's Hut does have planning permission.
    • Computersaysno
    • By Computersaysno 10th Apr 18, 8:25 AM
    • 938 Posts
    • 731 Thanks
    Computersaysno
    The parish council could get a trailer with an advert on it and park it beside his car park warning of the scam he's operating.

I'd suggest cctv trained on it so that when it gets vandalised/burnt [not by anyone connected to the scum, you understand] they can catch them.

Local shops could all chip in and gte banners and posters for their shops warning people.

Isn't this the site that has the little old lady 'just leaving' as you rrive and she gives you her unexpired ticket...and they then let you park and do you for 'transferring tickets'??

IIRC They also try to intimidate [literally] you into paying there and tehn on the spot [as they can't get you details off the DVLA]??
    Welcome to the world of 'Protect the brand at the cost of free speech'
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,544Posts Today

8,670Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin