Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jonnykhan
    • By jonnykhan 17th Aug 17, 11:01 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    jonnykhan
    Letter from Gladstone Solicitors before Court hearing
    • 17th Aug 17, 11:01 AM
    Letter from Gladstone Solicitors before Court hearing 17th Aug 17 at 11:01 AM
    Hi All

I've been fighting my corner back and forth with Gladstone solicitors in regards to a parking fine in July 2016.

I received a parking fine for a car that i had sold and have provided all details to Gladstone solicitors to prove that, which they decided to ignore.

I've now got a county court date for 29th August which i will be sending my defence for, however i today received a letter from Gladstone which says:

"Our Client has considered the contents of your defence and is looking to settle the above claim, please contact our offices using the below number or email to enable us to come to an amicable settlement."

Is this their final chance to try and not go to court? Its funny as they didnt bother replying to my defence when i sent it and now they have 'considered' it.

Should i call them and see what they have to say or should i ignore it?
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th May 19, 7:23 PM
    • 72,324 Posts
    • 84,631 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Why would you want to bump a 2017 thread, when we have current ones the same?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • tfc12345
    • By tfc12345 17th May 19, 7:59 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    tfc12345
    @Coupon Mad

Sorry dmo you mean the current thread already started?

I was wondering how such a letter was responded to by the firm, so could adjust accordingly.

Happy to post all questions on the one thread
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,484Posts Today

6,012Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Mini MSE is on half term next week, so I'm excited to be taking the week off to be daddy. As normal I'm signing of? https://t.co/G3366shWh1

• I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Follow Martin